Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 37,741 to 37,760 of 42,457

bluemage1989

@JaxonH the amazing library of games is what makes me want to play the Switch. That snappiness and great sleep mode is what has allowed me to rack up hundreds of hours this year. Those quick ten minute bursts (made so easy by a great sleep mode) all add up and the games are designed in such a way that a short burst can be just as satisfying as a long one.

SW 6041 0289 6234

Currently Playing:

Switch: Super Smash Bros: Ultimate, Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze, Arms and Mario Odyssey.

N64: Top Gear Rally.

Mega Drive: Streets of Rage 1, 2 and 3.

SNES: F Zero and Donkey Kong Country.

Ryu_Niiyama

EvilLucario wrote:

Idk, am I the only one who thought the GamePad was more comfortable than the Wii U Pro Controller? I really liked it. It's not as good as the Joy-Cons (in handheld at least, not in the dog grip) or Switch Pro Controller, but still really good.

Not at all. Gamepad was my favorite controller last gen and still is barring dual wielding joycons.

Autocorrect is weird.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

NintendoByNature

Think im just going to go buy a used wii u tomorrow. I've given up. When buying from Game stop, does it really matter whether it's premium refurbished or pre Owned? Both are the same price which is why im asking. Nothing in the item description states what the difference is. Anyone have experience with either purchase for the Wii u or any system from gamestop for that matter?

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

@nintendobynature
All I know is, I wouldn’t put much stock into “GameStop Refurbished”. If it’s the exact same price, then might as well go with that one, but I wouldn’t pay extra for it.

@Ryu_Niiyama
If only the gamepad was 720p. That’s the one thing that holds it back imo. Still looks good on the screen, especially older VC games, but playing some Fire Emblem Binding Blade, Paper Mario Thousand Year Door and The Last Story on the Win 2 this evening really makes me appreciate the HD.

Same kinda deal with 3DS. Why they couldn’t release a slightly more powerful HDS that plays all 3DS games, but rendered in 720p (or even 540p qHD like Vita) is beyond me. Sell it for $149.99 and I bet 30 million more sales could be counted toward the 3DS total over the next 18 months. Easy.

NOW PLAYING
NS: Final Fantasy XII, Final Fantasy X, Team Sonic Racing, Assassin’s Creed 3, Darksiders
PS4 / PSVR / Vita / X1 / PC / Rift / GPDwin2 / Wii U / 3DS: [nothing]

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

HobbitGamer

@nintendobynature straight preowned means someone traded it in, and it at least booted up and started a disc

Refurb means either A) someone traded in a broken unit and it was repaired by gamestop’s Contractor or someone bought a used one with a warranty, it broke and they repaired it while giving the warranteed customer a different replacement.

I’ve got a refurb 32G, and it actually came with a LoZ gamepad. No complaints about quality, and I’ve had it since the spring

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NintendoByNature

@JackEatsSparrows @JaxonH thanks guys. Can't wait any longer. Really wana get in on some wind waker twilight princess minish cap and spirit tracks.. dont think any of those will be coming to switch soon so might as well bite the bullet

NintendoByNature

Ryu_Niiyama

@JaxonH that would fracture the consumer base, again and it’s a bit of a low ROI. Create a new SKU, marketing campaign, manufacturing deal, parts sourcing for dead hardware? It’s one thing to sustain an existing line to absorb low income/high risk (as in kids) sales but another to try to enhance an line on the way out. Devs are moving on, Nintendo is moving on if the Japanese release schedule means anything.

That being said I would pay through the nose for a 3ds player. As much as I like VC I feel like it killed Nintendo hardware add on market. I just want to play my games in HD without buying a 2ds to ship to Japan for modding. I have such a backlog on 3ds but I can’t be bothered to squint at that screen now that I don’t have to.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JaxonH

@Ryu_Niiyama
How would it fracture the consumer base if it’s playing the exact same games? That doesn’t really make any sense.

And it would help drive software sales through the roof, as tens of millions of people go buy the system and then buy 3DS software for the system... Nintendo doesn’t even have to invest in any games because the games are already out with the full 7-8 year library on store shelves. That’s the highest ROI you could possibly have. Make a HD version, put it out there and watch the millions star rolling in. It’s basically the 2DS approach, but done right where tons of people would actually want one. Even existing owners would want to upgrade, and because the games would be running in crisp resolution, would probably drive a resurgence in software sales because existing owners would have a renewed interest in buying more games that would actually look fantastic

Since they are not going to follow up with a successor, why not give the people what they want. They could probably cobble something like that together in a month, tops. Toss a moderately beefed up chip in there strong enough to render at 2x native res, with qHD screen... done and done. Make it, pack it, ship it, sell it.

Edited on by JaxonH

NOW PLAYING
NS: Final Fantasy XII, Final Fantasy X, Team Sonic Racing, Assassin’s Creed 3, Darksiders

Jesus is Lord.

Galarian_Lassie

3DS games would still render at 240p on a 720p display, unless if you're proposing Nintendo @JaxonH that Nintendo updates all their 3DS published games to be compatible and hopes third parties do the same, I don't really see the intrigue other than playing 240p games on a higher resolution screen.

Where am I going! Nowhere, unless if I say otherwise!

ReaderRagfish

The main reason why I might want a Wii U is the ability to play Monster Hunter 3U (possibly my favorite in the series) online on the big screen, along with a few other games like Xenoblade X. If consoles were $50-70 I might bite, but I don't think I'm willing to spend $100+ on one.

You guys keep talking about how VC alone makes a Wii U worth it, but I've already played a lot of the games available on there, so I'm not too excited about that. Heck, I still have Wii points I need to spend by the end of the month.

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

EvilLucario

@ReaderRagfihs Tbh, if you have already played most of the games on VC and are willing to wait for the small handful of Wii U games to migrate to the Switch, you can skip the Wii U. I primarily use my Wii U to play Xenoblade 1/X and Virtual Console games tbh, and I'm looking to homebrew it for other stuff. But yeah, generally not THAT worth it unless you can indeed get it at $50-70.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

gcunit

nintendobynature wrote:

Really wana get in on some wind waker twilight princess minish cap and spirit tracks.. dont think any of those will be coming to switch soon so might as well bite the bullet

I'm surprised Wind Waker HD has jumped aboard the Switch yet. My only fathoming as to why is that Nintendo seem to be trying to add value to every Wii U port and might not have a compelling addition in mind. Funky Kong anyone?

As for Wii U VC, I'll be that guy. £8.99 for an N64 game!? I justified it (kinda) for Mario 64, but I just can't for the others. They should have been max. £6.40 (see what I did there )

Edited on by gcunit

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Anti-Matter

https://comicbook.com/gaming/amp/2019/01/02/nintendo-direct-j...

A leak / rumour about Nintendo Direct on 10 January 2019.
Once again, it's still rumour.

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Octane

An anonymous source told GamingIntel, "I was told January 10th from one source. This hasn't been cross checked between sources. Most of my other sources are still undecided on an exact date, but are certain of a Nintendo January Direct."

Untitled

Octane

JaxonH

@Mrtoad
I’m pretty sure an update for games would not require much, if that was needed. I understand that simply putting a better screen isn’t going to make them change the res, but they could build that into the more powerful hardware revision itself to automatically run games in twice the res. I can render games in whatever res I want in Dolphin, meaning it really doesn’t have anything to do with the game, meaning they’re really shouldn’t need to be an update for every game out there.

The hardware should be able to do it if it’s built into the hardware to render that way. Which is why I can run any game in any resolution on emulators.

Edited on by JaxonH

NOW PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

GrailUK

Guys! I can confirm the Nintendo Direct is on the 10th of January. I snuck into the Nintendo's editing suite to look at the footage. Here's how the Direct will pan out.

The Direct begins with Fox and Falco staring each other down. They run to their ships and dive in. The screen tears with an abrasive scratching sound and Super Monkey Ball is playing. (it's not a very smooth transition, it could be the first time the person has edited a clip so let them off ok)

Next, the Direct resumes almost half way in to a Dragon Quest XIs trailer, but again cuts erm...'dramatically' to Super Monkey Ball. It's worth bearing in mind that it looks like the Gamecube version. More than likely this was the only footage I they had ready in such short time.

Unfortunately this was all I could find before having to leg it.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Anti-Matter

@GrailUK
Did you watch the leak ?

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

HobbitGamer

Super Monkey Ball for Smash confirmed?

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Bunkerneath

@GrailUK Don't do that, I was really excited about Super Monkey Ball there for a second. I wish they would bring out a compilation for switch

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

GrailUK

@Bunkerneath hehe sorry. I was just being silly

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic