Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 37,001 to 37,020 of 69,964

ThanosReXXX

Anyway, is this the Nintendo Switch thread, or the damn chit-chat thread? Pfff...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

link3710

@ThanosReXXX Oh come on, you've been posting here long enough to know it's both.

In slightly more relevant news, has anyone tried Unruly Heroes yet? I want to work my backlog a little further down before I consider getting it, but with Rayman Legends as one of my favorite games of all time I'm wondering how this compares.

link3710

HobbitGamer

ThanosReXXX wrote:

Anyway, is this the Nintendo Switch thread, or the damn chit-chat thread? Pfff...

I straight up did forget which one i'm in, sorry ya'll!
Anyone tried Pikuniku?

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

1UP_MARIO

I feel Metroid not coming this year is my fault. I forgot to put the kettle on

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

ThanosReXXX

@link3710 Yeah, good point. Universes flowing over into one another and all that...

As for Unruly Heroes, haven't tried it yet, but seeing as it's being made by part of the team who were involved with the Rayman Legends game, I'd say it can't be all that bad, but I'll await an official verdict nonetheless.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

@JackEatsSparrows Yeah, I feel 'ya. Hence the question I posted...

Grumblevolcano

Only Nintendo Direct can save this thread.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MarioVillager92

@1UP_MARIO Nice going, then. It's two more years of waiting thanks to you. XD

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

JaxonH

Unruly Heroes is pretty good. But... Idk. I think what turns me off from the game is the fact there aren’t really any secrets. It’s just straight up levels with platforming and combat.

And, you light lanterns along the way which service checkpoints, except... if you quit the game you have to start the level all over. You have to beat the entire level which is pretty long.

I like it, but I wouldn’t put it on the same level as Rayman Legends, which had secrets everywhere and made the levels interesting. DKC has puzzle pieces and KONG letters. NSMBU has hidden pipes and vines and invisible blocks and Star coins. This is what makes a platforming game interesting to me. And that’s what Unruly Heroes is missing.

Maybe that changes later on in the game. Idk. Haven’t played that much of it yet. But even Rayman, DKC and Mario had secrets in the first level. That all being said, the gameplay feels pretty good. Not quite as good as the big 3 (1 DKC 2 Mario 3 Rayman) but reasonably close to Rayman. I do like that the 4 Heroes have different weights and jump heights and drop speeds. 2 have double jumps while 2 have single high floaty jumps. The combat moves are really awesome too.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

GeoChrome

Octane wrote:

JackEatsSparrows wrote:

Anyone tried Pikuniku?

Is that a Chinese knock-off version of Pikmin 4?

If it was a knockoff it wouldn’t be out yet.

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano Wait, Damon Baker has joined Xbox? Wise for him to jump ship when things are going well.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

1UP_MARIO

@MarioLover92 yeah I feel bad. I’ll be sure to do the overtime to get it out soon.

NintendoByNature

Speaking of cheap knock offs, did anyone try revenge of the bird king yet? It's dirt cheap but looks promising. Only thing that concerns me is it was only out for a few weeks and dropped in price. Usually a red flag

NintendoByNature

Grumblevolcano

7.0.0 is out now!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Diddy64

@Grumblevolcano I truly wonder why he left now that Nintendo have a successful console?

Undergoing games:
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
Let me guess...

More stability. Am I right?

No folders. No new profile icons. No new features. Just.... stability. Ya?

edit
What’s that, 6 more Mario icons? Wow, Nintendo has really outdone themselves.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Alantor28

Hmm. Well more profile icons are nice.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698
PSN: MMX20

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698

1UP_MARIO

This is the best update. EVER!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic