Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 36,861 to 36,880 of 69,964

Haruki_NLI

Im very confused about the milennial bashing but at the same time I look at my fellow generation and wonder how they manage to feed themselves.

Hell apparently my work ethic is rare...

Makes me sad. Now back to Fortnite for the grind.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Aozz101x

Nintendo president is not considering for a switch successor or a price cut.
https://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-president-says-switch...

Edited on by Aozz101x

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

NintendoByNature

Anyone else eyeing reverie sweet as edition? Looks pretty good. Visuals of earthbound and gameplay of Zelda. Comes out Feb 7 and i was going to hold off on indie purchases but this looks too good to pass up

NintendoByNature

IceClimbers

@JaxonH Have you had a chance to look at Unruly Heroes? It's a new indie that just released a couple days ago that was developed by a team made up of people who worked on Rayman Legends.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Diddy64

DarthNocturnal wrote:

I'd rather have a Metroid Prime Trilogy HD and a Thousand Year Door remaster, since a new Paper Mario I'd actually want to play is unlikely.

Then again, they did make Odyssey, which was the first 3D Mario game I was actually excited to play in a long time. Maybe they'll do the same with Paper Mario. They seem to be hitting the right notes with games on the Switch. I feel like pretty much anything is possible.

Exactly my thoughts. Though I have Metroid Prime Trilogy on Wii, I will buy it again in the Switch. Same with Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, which is one of my favorite video games of the Game Cube (a game I also own).

Undergoing games:
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

Therad

Aozz101x wrote:

Nintendo president is not considering for a switch successor or a price cut.
https://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-president-says-switch...

That is because the next hardware they release are an handheld, at least that is what I think will happen. And as long as the switch sells as well as it has, price cuts are not needed. Save them to when the sales figures start to slump.

Therad

Therad

Regarding millennials, everything that is said about them has been said about you. Your generation were also lazy, impolite and with no work ethic. You probably dressed bad and had an awful hair cut to boot.

But I think we bury this discussion now, this isn't the time nor place for this.

Therad

Ralizah

Nintendo execs have lied through their teeth multiple times about console revisions and successors. I trust their patterns of behavior with regard to iterating on portable hardware more than their words.

Launching a smaller and slightly cheaper Switch alongside Animal Crossing and the new Pokemon seems like a winning move.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

GeoChrome

@IceClimbers Interesting that it was made by some of the Rayman Legends team. The artstyle is very similar, yet the gameplay looks so different.

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

EvilLucario

Untitled

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

JaxonH

@IceClimbers
Hadn't heard of it but wow!

I watched a trailer expecting some low budget sprite indie, but what I saw looked every bit as good as Rayman Legends, and in the same art style too!

It said available now....are reviews out yet?

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Haruki_NLI

Metroid Prime 4 development has been restarted. Nintendo felt it couldnt live up to their standards or Prime standards so are delaying the game and bringing in Retro Studios to rebuild the whole thing.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

TuVictus

Now that is quite the development. Well, at least Retro is working on it after all. They must have been having a nightmare of a time trying to emulate Retro's work. I appreciate their honesty and would rather wait longer than have a game that ends up being worse than what came before it. Just give us an HD re release and I'll be happy for a while

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

ThanosReXXX

@Link-Hero First off, I'm not "hating on", and second, I wasn't even the one that started that, but @NEStalgia, so great job singling me out, sport. And besides, all I'm doing is stating facts. Everything I mentioned, is staring us into the face on a daily basis, so I said nothing weird and/or out of place.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@IceClimbers Aha, that explains why the visuals did indeed make me think of Rayman Legends.
I thought that game was made with a new Ubisoft game engine, so I wonder if they also made this game with that or if they simply created the same kind of graphics in another engine.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Therad

Knuckles-Fajita wrote:

Metroid Prime 4 development has been restarted. Nintendo felt it couldnt live up to their standards or Prime standards so are delaying the game and bringing in Retro Studios to rebuild the whole thing.

I think we can draw a couple of conclusions after this.
1) It will take a long time before this will be released.
2) Retro's original IP is dead.

I don't feel confident retro can pull it off though. Retros last new game (tropical freeze) was released in 2014.

Edited on by Therad

Therad

gcunit

Therad wrote:

I don't feel confident retro can pull it off though. Retros last new game (tropical freeze) was released in 2014.

Or maybe Retro has nearly completed a game...

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

FragRed

This does sound like a great move by Nintendo. They didn't feel Metroid Prime 4 was reaching internal quality thresholds and so made the decision to restart with a different team. That speaks volumes about Nintendo's desire to follow quality over quantity - if only certain other publishers/developers followed this same way of thinking.

However I am also not going to get too excited just yet about Retro taking back the reigns as this is not the same team as the original games - I believe they have mostly if not entirely left? So it will be interesting to see what they come up with for the next entry in terms of scope and overall quality.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Therad

gcunit wrote:

Therad wrote:

Or maybe Retro has nearly completed a game...

Well that is certainly a possibility, but the output from retro is not that great. Granted, development take a long time, but 4 year is a very long time with no updates.

Therad

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic