Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 36,781 to 36,800 of 69,981

GrailUK

@EvilLucario How far off their target are they? Isn't it about 4 mil? (eek!)

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

EvilLucario

@GrailUK March 31, 2018: they were at 17.79 million.

September 30, 2018: 22.86 million.

That makes it 5.07 million between the start and September.

Q4 2017 sold 2.92 million, right before March 31, 2018.

Assuming the holidays had the Switch sell 10 million, that'll put the Switch currently at 15.07 million. And if we assume that sales will keep growing for the next quarter, they'll definitely sell 4 million for Q4 2018, which is 19 million.

It all depends on how high Q3 and Q4 is. Q3 will be absolutely massive, but Q4 may surprise us in the end thanks to Mario U Deluxe. We'll just have to see how things pan out. But I'm way more confident now than I was back in the past.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

GrailUK

@EvilLucario Well heck, if Mario can hit number one in the UK charts for 2 consecutive weeks, anything is possible lol.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

EvilLucario

Also there's the possibility that Q3 can sell something insane like 11 million or even higher, then the weight of Q4 could be lessened. If they actually go beyond with something like 21 million, that'll teach people to NEVER doubt "dry years" ever again, as long as there aren't any true droughts like with the Wii U.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

If Nintendo succeeds with their hardware targets it'll tell them that they can devote almost the entirety of E3 2019 to Animal Crossing (unless somehow Animal Crossing is launching before fall/holiday).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

EvilLucario

@Grumblevolcano I'm not even an Animal Crossing fan and I would LOVE to see that happen for the insane meltdowns and blowback by multiple YouTubers and just laugh at them for being so wrong about their complaints :^]

DarkRula

Imagine if they didn't even announce it. The game just appears at the start of their Treehouse stream with custom text introducing the game and what's going on. Then we just watch live footage of someone playing it. We think it's over with the next day showing some other games, but it just continues directly from where the previous day left off. Then the third day shows off the final eight hours of a day.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Haruki_NLI

I can imagine PushSquare wont be reporting the NPDs with their usual speed tomorrow, instead looking for a positive spin if those numbers are true.

Still, it's not bad, just....really really odd for the PS4 with such a bumper software year. I guess at this point it's a gentle cost past 100m and into the PS5 with no real booms any more like there were around God of War and Spider Man.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

JaxonH

I heard Switch is on track for 11 million in Q3. Not sure where I heard that from. I’m pretty sure it was some group analysts reevaluating after seeing the massive interest over the holidays.

That would mean they just need to hit 4 million in the last 3 months (1.33m/mo). And they’ve done that even in their worst months.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Haruki_NLI

The US NPD is out and Smash was the 5th best selling game of 2018 without digital sales being included, has the best sales in December, exceeded Brawl's launch sales by 70%, became the best dollar sales launch month for a console exclusive EVER!

Oh and Mario Kart 8 is the second best selling racing game of all time in the US, and the Switch topped the charts as the best selling hardware platform in both dollars and units, and the highest totals since the PS4 in 2015.

EvilLucario

It's a great time for gaming now.

Honestly speaking, the Switch absolutely brought me back to console gaming after the Wii U didn't provide that much (but what it did provide was fantastic) and the PS4/Xbox One initially sucked balls.

Now the PS4 and Switch has absolutely killer games, Xbox One turned around a ton with amazing backwards compatibility and services, and PC is still trucking along.

Indies are also doing pretty good overall.

It's a damn good time to game, no matter the platform.

Ralizah

To say Smash Ultimate outperformed even my wildest expectations for the title is being modest.

3DS got me through the rough early patches of this gen. It's a pity the PS5/Nextbox will be coming soon, as it finally feels like this generation is really coming into its own.

Next gen won't be an issue, as I'll spend the first 3/4th's of it completing my backlog and playing Nintendo games.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Haruki_NLI

I know I said Spider-Man would be the best selling exclusive of 2018 but seeing Smash, in just the US, with just physical sales (Whereas every other platform has digital included), outpace Spider-Man tells me to shut the absolute hell up.

Honest to God, the fact that people said Smash wasn't as big as people said and wouldn't sell that well....in hindsight is quite frankly insane. As is those who said Nintendo should go third party since they just topped the revenue charts.

Edited on by Haruki_NLI

IceClimbers

Smash breaking the NPD record for an exclusive and selling 3.6 million with just physical sales is insane.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Aozz101x

I'm excited to see how much this sold world wide. it's amazing to see this game just selling. i was expecting Ultimate to beat Smash Bros on Wii U, and not pass the 3DS version and Brawl, but it's looking like it will. Guess it goes to show, That this games just ate my own words too.

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

EvilLucario

People shouldn't underestimate the power of just one game. It's like people forgot that Zelda basically helped sell the Switch initially.

bluemage1989

I think everyone has been surprised by just how well Smash has sold and even Mario Party has surprised. I really hope Pokemon 2019 and Animal Crossing can deliver similar success this year because there two IPs I would have thought were bigger than Smash but I mean I don't know if I can even imagine what more success than Smash looks like.

bluemage1989

HobbitGamer

I’m not surprised by Smash’s movement at all. Think about it this way, it’s a lot easier to whip the system out of a bag and show the game to someone with the Switch. The speed of suspend, the quite effortless change to tabletop, and you’ve given a short hands on demo in under 10 minutes. No doubt it’s not the whole reason, but that’s an impressive thing. It just screams “hey, this is easy to jump into and it’s pretty fun,maybe I’ll get myself a copy of this”

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

gcunit

Media Create figures show Switch outselling PS4 5:1 two weeks in a row (don't know what the previous weeks' figures were) in Japan.

Will be interesting to hear Nintendo's estimates for 2019-20 sales. If it starts dominating the market this year then it could become more 'must-have' and push sales to the next level. Come on Nintendo, give us a new Sports Resort to get things going.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Anti-Matter

@gcunit
Actually...
We want :
1. Switch Sport Resorts
2. Cartoonish Kickboxing games
3. Switch Music
4. Switch Party
5. Animal Crossing Builders
6. Miitopia 2

Anti-Matter