Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 36,681 to 36,700 of 69,989

Haruki_NLI

5 million in a week for Smash and 10m systems for the quarter?

I may have been a bit bwhind when I said Spiderman was the best selling exclusive of 2018...

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Ralizah

Oh yeah. Ultimate SMASHED everyone's wildest expectations on the sales front.

If Pokemon and Animal Crossing both turn out well this year, then 2019 is going to be even crazier in terms of sales for the system. I already have family members talking about buying systems for AC (although, being handheld-only gamers, they're not thrilled with the hardware design of the Switch; it would be amazingly smart for Nintendo to release a smaller, cheaper, and more handheld-oriented model of the Switch alongside those two games, which will benefit tremendously from portability).

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

ThanosReXXX

@bluemage1989 Don't worry about being either cynical or skeptical about it: we all know that Microsoft deserved plenty of that in the not too distant past, and it's something that they, unfortunately, still have to carry with them, because of the idiots that were previously at the helm of the Xbox department.

But all of that kinda put them in the middle of a storm, with at the height of it, the whole fumble with the Xbox One's launch. Then things started to change, part out of necessity, part because someone saw the light. However, when you're in the middle of a storm, you'll still have to navigate some pretty big waves before you get to calmer waters, and that's more or less what's still happening now, so the good has not completely outweighed all the bad yet. But we have to give credit for the efforts made, and all of their efforts so far, are good.

Right now, there isn't a single bad thing happening, unless you count the Crackdown 3 delay, and the deafening silence currently surrounding it, while it is supposed to be released next month as a bad thing. It does make me wonder, but far as I know, that's the only thing I can come up with.

As for that good will factor: in business, that's a different thing than in private life. In the latter, it is fleeting, in the former, it is both all important and all-encompassing. If you are able to get it, as a company, you'll do whatever you can to keep it. Entire marketing teams will be dedicated towards that one goal, so unless they royally screw up, because they didn't learn from past mistakes, or something to that extent, we can expect it to last for quite some time to come.

And to be clear: it's not Microsoft that wants the good will, they want US to have it towards them, and the gain would be the public seeing the Xbox brand in a better light, and as that happens, more people will flock towards them. They are ticking all the boxes right now, and so is Nintendo (well, pretty much), but Sony is not, so it's only logical for the general public to currently see the brands that ARE making the effort, as worth considering, and THAT is what Microsoft will more than likely be aiming at. Good will with the target audience will almost always translate to sales and more customers...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

link3710

@Ralizah I mean, given rumors for a certain other game (Smash), that report is very likely true. It'd be nice to finally give this game a shot after hearing about it for like... well it'll have been announced for NX 3 years ago by the time it launches.

link3710

Ryu_Niiyama

I do hope that Squeenix does an international release this year but I really really hope they keep the digital versions separate. Its a minor thing but I don't want to reboot every time I want to play that game.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Alantor28

With all these rumors of SNES games coming to NSO, I hope those rumors are true. But while I like the VC in past Nintendo consoles, I don't understand why some people on this site don't like a Netflix like service for NSO and only want the Online to be free and be able to purchase them without a rental service, I can somewhat understand why, but I have to say this.

Nothing is free in this world. We just need to learn to deal with it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698
PSN: MMX20

Alantor28

Um, stupid question guys. I just beaten Pokemon Let's GO Pikachu and I am trying to fill out my Pokedex, so is there a thread that focuses on Ultra Sun and Moon and Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee trades and online battles? I really need to complete my Pokedex for Let's Go Pikachu.

Toy_Link

The Japanese EShop listing for Phoenix Wright Trilogy is up, it will released in Japan for about 30 dollars (3,300 yen) and will be released on February 21st with a file size of 1.7 GB.

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

JaxonH

@Ralizah
Wisdom pays back with interest.

Told people to hang back on this one, that it would likely release within 12 months of the PS4 version. But a lot of people weren’t buying into that because SE wasn’t talking. But... I had a feeling as soon as the game released they were gonna start yapping (and I know I wasn’t the only one), that they were only keeping quiet out of contractual obligations. And sure enough, not a month or two after release, they started yappin. Game’s only been out a few months and we’re already discussing Switch release timing this year.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

@ReaderRagfihs Switch is a threat to Sony meanwhile 3DS isn't, seems pretty simple.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

HobbitGamer

@Mrtoad Danh, I can bite at that price. I don’t think I played past Ace Attorney 1, and that’s on release. Could be a good value to me, then.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

zionich

@Alantor28 I like the subscription service idea just not the trickle of games that are coming out.

3DS FC : 4914-6709-6917
Xbox Live : Zionich
PS4: Zionich
Switch FC: SW-1208-7413-3716

electrolite77

@Alantor28

To play Devils Advocate, Nintendo could have kept the Online free and used that as a selling point if they wanted, though I can understand why they’re trying to make money off it when the competition does.

As for the Retro service, I doubt I’m alone in that I’d have paid more for more. Whether that be a big library of NES/SNES games from the start, or aPS Plus/GWG price with a big retro library across all formats. I actually think they should have offered two tiers-1 for just playing Online and another with a big Retro library.

I’ve no problem with a subscription it’s just the way they’ve gone about it is such a missed opportunity.

Edited on by electrolite77

Xbox Gamertag - GJB77XBOX

Playstation ID - GJB77

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

Grumblevolcano

@ReaderRagfihs I think Square not localizing the 3DS version is completely unrelated to Sony, just Square not wanting to localize the 3DS version. It feels like everyone's gone except Atlus and Nintendo regarding 3DS support.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

@Tsurii It was updated to support cloud save since the preload went live last week.

Grumblevolcano

Aozz101x

not sure if this has been posted yet. but Giga Wrecker Alt has been officially announced and Limited Run is releasing the physical version of the game.

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Alantor28

I am almost done filling out my Let's Go Pikachu Pokedex thanks to trades from a friend I made on Discord. Only Pokemon I'm missing are Ekans and Pinsair from Let's Go Eevee. Plus, I need a Mew and that new Pokemon you get from Mystery Gift. And I need to either get a Dome Fossil to get Kabuto or get a Kabuto from a trade. But Mew and that other Pokemon are gonna be hard to get.

On a side note, once I done everything in Let's Go Pikachu, I am thinking of getting back to playing Xenoblade Chronicles 2 or play Smash Bros Ultimate or start playing Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze. So many games to play.

DarkRula

Well done, Saban. I'm pretty sure that's not the game Ranger fans have been waiting for as it looks like nothing more than a console version of Legacy Wars. Which admittedly would probably be good if there was a proper system behind the fights and everything to do with acquiring and upgrading Rangers was changed to remove all ties to microtransactions.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic