Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 36,561 to 36,580 of 69,981

bluemage1989

@WebHead i just think that at the moment the Switch is so easy to market why confuse consumers with different models and different features and non-compatible games and i dont see how the 3DS consumer is going to be attracted by a console that offers less than what is already available. If it was made to appeal to parents wanting to save on buying multiple handhelds for children could they not just make the base Switch more appealing with better deals to offset the higher initial cost.

Ill be honest here though it does look cool and i would actually buy it just because it looks good and i have no self control.

bluemage1989

Ralizah

For anyone interested, the Switch preorder for Pillars of Eternity II is $47 on Amazon.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

bluemage1989

@JaxonH never a truer thing said about Nintendo fans becoming more open to quality games from third parties. I can confess that i myself was one of those people whos Wii/WiiU/3DS era purchases were about 90% first party, the majority of third party games i would pick up on the Xbox 360/Xbox One. Dont get me wrong i am not bashing those consoles they do a fine job of providing what there fan base want but the Switch, and Nintendo in general, have impressed me so much as a piece of hardware and a company that i quickly found myself thinking you know what i will buy the Switch version if its available because that is where i want to play it and if it is not available on Switch ill just wait until it is and if it doesnt come then thats fine because i have a hell of a lot of other stuff to play. Again im not knocking the Xbox brand they have done some great stuff these last ten years but as a life long fan i am so pleased to see Nintendo getting back to there best and moving forward.

I really think this could be the year we see EA take note of the Switch. I hope we can at least see Madden make it across to Switch but im open to anything they have to offer. I know they get a lot of hate and some of that is deserved but they are one of the biggest companies in gaming and regardless of personal feelings on them i do enjoy some of there games and seeing them bring some more big titles to the Switch would be a sign of just how far Nintendo have come.

Im also looking at Ubisoft to really bring there A game this year. I am actually okay with them bringing there more casual games to Switch theres an audience for them and who am i to deny that audience there casual games because i dont like all of them but come on Ubi lets see some Assassins Creed collections, lets see another collaboration hey lets even talk about a new exclusive IP. Im not saying bring everything you bring to Xbox One but hey this is what the Switch can offer now show us what you can do with it.

Capcom, Square Enix, Bandai Namco. There not messing about and i really cant wait to see what these guys and Japan in general will be bringing to the Switch in the next two years.

I could go on all night but my point is the same as yours. Its a great time to be a Nintendo gamer.

bluemage1989

EvilLucario

So my Switch backlog is:

• Valkyria Chronicles (working on it right now as we speak, just cleared Chapter 9)
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4
  • Mega Man X Legacy Collection (regret purchasing this as it reaffirmed my dislike for Mega Man)
  • Crash Bandicoot: N.Sane Trilogy
  • Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle
  • Golf Story (I still do not like golf and this doesn't change my mind)
  • Rocket League (does this count? lol)
  • My fifth playthrough of Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Actually not that much games to be honest. Feels good.

Now PC... that's a whole different story. Dark Souls II and III, Wolfenstein: The New Order/The Old Blood, Darksiders I and II, Cuphead, Bioshock Infinite, Dishonored 1 and 2, Dust: An Elysian Tail, Final Fantasy XV... the list goes on and on and on...

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

BenGrimm

My backlog problems don’t seem so bad anymore 😂

BenGrimm

link3710

@bluemage1989 For starters, they could start offering a dockless UPC world wide. If they hit $250 with that + a digital game bundled (1-2 Switch maybe), that could work wonders.

But honestly, I don't think it would make sense businesswise to launch that before next holiday season so...

link3710

Grumblevolcano

A handheld only Switch technically doesn't discredit the Switch's marketing. Switch's tagline is true whether you have a dock or not, you just need more Switches and/or other accessories if you don't have one. Don't forget that one of Nintendo's goals is to have households with multiple Switches.

A console only Switch is the only outcome which would truly discredit the Switch's marketing so that's the type of revision you can be sure won't happen.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

bluemage1989

@link3710 @Grumblevolcano i think a dockless option would be an okay compromise if Nintendo really wanted to cut the cost of the initial buy in but i think a whole new redesign (like the one shared in the fellas link of a Switch Mini) just to appeal to that market is a bit over the top. Like i said offering good bundles (dockless bundles could fall into that category) for people wanting a cheaper entry point i think would attract more people than a redesign and be far more easier to market then two unique consoles.

bluemage1989

JaxonH

@bluemage1989
I have to agree. And I know my opinion has kind of swung back-and-forth on this but as I become more enlightened on the subject I would be a fool to not adjust my opinion accordingly.

I have come to believe a dockless Switch really would do more harm than good. New 3DS XL, the upgradiest of the upgraded 3DS models, far outsold the 2DS and cheaper base models. More people would rather spend more for an upgraded model than those Who would rather spend less for a less capable model. Facts are facts.

I think introducing a pro model, then discounting the base model, is the approach they will take, and while they’re at it they’ll do a minor hardware revision that reduces costs for the base model (cheaper screen, less expensive components, etc, the same type of thing we see every generation). This ensures that all Switches can “switch” out of the box, all games are playable with local MP anywhere out of the box, and if done right they could still slap a game in there for $249 and sell like crazy at the same MSRP Wii sold for, and just $50 more than the New 3DS XL that flew off shelves. It may be a smidge more expensive but it’s also jam packed with additional value. And nowadays, anything in the $250 range is basically the $200 range of last decade due to inflation anyways.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Therad

@ThanosReXXX Sony were 100% approved
by Marvel to do everything they have done. So if you want to be mad at someone, be mad at marvel who made a subpar deal.

If you don't like it, how do you think the copyright laws should be changed?

Therad

Therad

I think Nintendo will put out a new handheld, but I don't think it will 100% compatible with switch. At least not from a user perspective, but will basically have the same Dev tools and eco system.

One of the biggest hurdles to create a cheaper version are the Nvidia chipset. Exchange it with one of the cheapo mobile ones and you have lost the capacity to use switch cartridges. It also becomes a marketing mess to separate which games can go on which platform.

We have some interesting quotes from Iwata that I think supports this. The next handheld would be like a 'sibling' to the home console, and he compared the relationship with iPad and iPhone.

Therad

bluemage1989

Ill be honest here and no doubt its going to make me come across as a bit arrogant and out of touch (which i'm honestly not i would genuinely like to be enlightened) but i just don't understand why people who are interested in buying a Switch can be put off purchasing a system by a price tag of say £280 but be a buyer at £220?? I don't want to sound like i am judging people on lower incomes because i'm really not (i have been there myself in my younger days) but the way i see it is if i had £220 and the Switch was £280 i would do something to make that additional £60 to buy it not sit around and wait for it to drop £220. Unless this is a principle thing were they feel that £220 is what the system should cost and they should not have to pay more than that. I'm just thinking out loud here someone feel free to set me straight on what i am missing.

bluemage1989

JaxonH

@bluemage1989
Well, I'm not sure my opinion on this has any more weight than yours, but since you asked, I'll speculate.

By 2023 Nintendo has secured at least 1/3 of all 3rd party games released. Which may sound low, but that's actually extremely high, especially when you discount the ones that simply cant run or devs that are brainwashed into believing times can never change and thus their games will not sell to the fanbase, as well as those with an affinity for Sony or being paid off by them.

1/3 by the end of the generation, but coming from 80% + of all publishers and developers.

By 2030, provided Nintendo sticks with a winning concept, 1/2 to 3/5 of all games released on their system coming from 90% of publishers and developers.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Buizel

I'm not entirely convinced that Nintendo consoles ever had a fanbase that were uninterested in 3rd party games.

Moreso I think that, during the Wii and Wii U eras, many gamers also had a PS/XB and their versions of games were more compelling than Nintendo's equivalents.

With the Switch? Portability is apparently a massive factor.

I do wonder how things will pan out next gen. Surely we're in diminishing returns with power. I can see AAA devs wanting to push the envelope, but your average A or AA? What will they need extra power for? Maybe it would be easier and more profitable to stick to games that run on current gen specs (including Switch)?

At least 2'8".

ThanosReXXX

@Therad I'm not saying Marvel wasn't at fault in this whole process, I just said it is weird to think that someone other than the creative minds, and owners of the character Spiderman, now (partially) own the franchise, which means we now have this weird construction were the company that took over the ownership, or part of it, now licenses that back to the original owner so that they can make movies with them.

In other words: if Sony wouldn't have agreed, for whatever reason, there would never had been any new Spiderman movies, let alone a cameo of him in other Marvel movies. And THAT is totally absurd, regardless of who is to blame.

As for how copyright laws should be changed: it would seem to me that in a perfect world, the original creators and owners should always be able to take precedence over any other party, regardless of contracts, agreements or licensing, if anything, to be able to protect their IP from any wrong doings.

Just imagine Nintendo not being able to use Mario anymore, unless they get permission from another company that now owns certain rights pertaining to the usage of Mario. That would be equally ridiculous, but apparently, that's the world we're living in now.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

gcunit

@ThanosReXXX How's it ridiculous if they sell the rights?

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

WebHead

I do hope future marvel titles are multiplat. Really dont want to have to buy new hardware everytime a new marvel game comes out.

Edited on by WebHead

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic