Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 3,641 to 3,660 of 69,963

Samurai_Goroh

@Octane That is a bit of a dilemma for me. Yes, glossy gets all the fingerprints and dust, i have to clean it all the time, but matte just looks so ugly and plain to me. So I don't know what I want. It's style versus practicality.

Edited on by Samurai_Goroh

Samurai_Goroh

Octane

@Samurai_Goroh I don't know, the GameCube has a matte finish, so does my old DS, my laptop and my phone as well. They all look good in my opinion.

Octane

gcunit

Gloss white (and that lime green) worked on the Wii for me.

However they go about presenting NX for the first time, don't expect Kimishima to be fronting it.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Samurai_Goroh

@gcunit Right now, Nintendo's management seems like a triforce of sorts, bear with me:
Kimishima is the Triforce of Treasure, Miyamoto the Triforce of Creativity and Takeda the Triforce of Technology.
Meaning Business, Software and Hardware, respectively. So maybe Kimishima doesn't know how to deal with us and leaves it to Miyamoto and Takeda. I mean, Kimishima used to work in a big Japanese bank, its with the shareholders that he's at home and he probably does a better job reaching them than Iwata did. And that's completely fine. Does Takeda speak decent English? I seem to recall he was involved in the GameCube reveal.

Edited on by Samurai_Goroh

Samurai_Goroh

IceClimbers

Gaf has gone to crazy town waiting for NX news. Proof: They suggested playing AC Amiibo Festival.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

FragRed

This is what happens when you keep telling everyone you won't talk about the NX, but then tell us the month it'll be released and a vague statement saying you'll talk about it this year.

It's like they are deliberately playing with your mind to see who will snap. Those that don't are the ones who'll be allowed to experience the "NX".

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

DefHalan

@FragRed the NX is actually a chain of mental hospitals to help those that have gone crazy waiting

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

T-Dot1992

The NX is a test to see who shall be the chosen one.

Several years ago, Miyamoto and Iwata were visited by Takemikazuchi, the god of thunder. Takemikazuchi warned both men that on March 2017, demons will invade the human realm and wreck havok. Only one of Nintendo's ardent fanboys is the chosen one, destined to fight the demons and save the world. But this destined one must first be trained, they were told.

Knowing full well that all of humanity was at stake, Miyamoto and Iwata devised a plan. They would test the patience of their fanbase by promising a fake console which they would never announce in order to see which single fan will prove to be patient enough to not go insane as March nears without an NX announcement. This single fan, having proven that he is the most patient person on the planet, would then be trained by Miyamoto-san to master the art of Demon slaying in order for said chosen one to fight back all the demons on March 2017.

It all makes sense.

Please don't use profanity.-Morpheel

Edited on by Eel

T-Dot1992

Moshugan

@Tomires I'm not sure what you mean. Please do elaborate? How is the retweet badges and the time stamp relevant? Also, I doubt Amazon would use such foul language as in the imgur image (and it's the exact same minute as in the earlier pic), so that one's obviously fake?

My Super Mario Maker 2's Maker ID: R7B-M93-5GF

Nintendo Network ID: Moshugan

Tomires

@Moshugan

Not only are they swearing, but there is also a typo. You'd think the Amazon PR guys use a spellchecker, hum. /s

You have basically answered yourself, well done you. The retweet badges (like the timestamp) are exactly the same as https://twitter.com/amazon/status/774024311489167360 .

'How is the retweet badges and the time stamp relevant?'
-> '(and it's the exact same minute as in the earlier pic), so that one's obviously fake?'

EDIT: Nevermind, the RT badges have been updated over the night.

Edited on by Tomires

Tomires

Moshugan

@Tomires The "we were just clucking with you" tweet is obvious, but are you saying that the earlier "NX pre-order" tweet is also a photoshop? (I think it is)

Edited on by Moshugan

My Super Mario Maker 2's Maker ID: R7B-M93-5GF

Nintendo Network ID: Moshugan

Tomires

@Moshugan Obviously. You can check the list of people who have retweeted/liked the tweet by clicking respective buttons, they are the same people who supposedly liked the "NX pre-order tweet". Case closed.

People should really put more effort into creating these fake tweets. This is how you do it -> http://imgur.com/a/MiGcZ

Also, reply no. #4000, woo!

Edited on by Tomires

Tomires

FragRed

@TomJ Are you saying that the NX doesn't exist, that the leaks Eurogamer had were all made up by Nintendo and that third party games such as Sonic and Dragons Quest which have been officially announced to be coming to the NX are all just making it up?

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

MarcelRguez

@TomJ So, in order to divert attention from the fact that the Wii U wasn't an enticing console for the general public, Nintendo began to talk about that system's successor, effectively killing whatever little amount of momentum the Wii U might have gathered at the period when it was still getting a decent amount of exclusives.

Classic Nintendo screw-up right there.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

MarcelRguez

Actually, now that I think about it. It makes a lot of sense:

• Nintendo announces a new system with a gimmick
  • Sony and Microsoft get their Thief Gloves ready to steal those juicy ideas
  • Nintendo reveales the console, the gimmick is that there's no console
  • S&M copy Nintendo's gimmick, stop producing consoles
  • Their PlayStation and Xbox divisions tank
  • Nintendo makes a comeback with an actual console, dominates the market due to a lack of competition

Genius move if you ask me

Edited on by MarcelRguez

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Octane

@TomJ Stuff like motion controls and cameras existed before the Wii too, Nintendo was hardly the first to come up with the idea: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/54/Eye...

So no, I don't think the companies are afraid of other companies copying them. They shouldn't be at least. Unless you want to argue that it took Sony four years to ''copy'' the Wii Remote with the PS Move. If it takes that long, then there's no worry in revealing the NX a couple of months earlier. TBH, whatever it is, I don't think it'll become as mainstream as the Wii and I don't think that Sony or Microsoft are really worried by what Nintendo is doing.

Octane

gcunit

@Octane Copying wasn't so much about being worried by what Nintendo was doing, but seeing that there was money to be made. Any industry competitor will copy another competitor when it's found a new market within that industry.

If the NX novelty is worthwhile then it's always worth protecting.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

FragRed

Don't worry everyone, Nintendo are gonna leak a report that an announcement this week will be made about the NX reveal... and then proceed to do nothing leaving the entire internet on edge and the verge of becoming ultra paranoid.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic