Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 35,921 to 35,940 of 42,593

ReaderRagfish

@JaxonH I know I know, I agree with most of what you're saying. But when you come in here posting the exact same giant wall of text in 5 different threads about how this fact alone obviously makes it not worth the money and worse than smartphones, I'm not exactly in serious discussion mode.

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

Sadist

Ha, surprising stuff.

Anyway, aside from feeding the troll, what percentage of Switch owners are severely bummed out about the system not having some multimedia functions? Would those be appreciated? Yes. Needed? Eeeeh no.

You can’t please everyone and we all have our different preferences, but honestly I enjoy the more simplistic approach of the Switch. Its a gaming machine and for that purpose alone its been doing its job quite well.

Sadist

ReaderRagfish

@Sadist I personally don't miss them. Previous systems like Wii and 3DS were pretty versatile and had things like Netflix, Youtube, photo viewing, etc. And I never used them for that kind of stuff outside of the initial curiosity.

I don't think that they outright don't belong and would make the Switch worse, but I feel that there are far more important things to worry about with the Switch than this.

Ryu_Niiyama

I said I was only going to buy Pokémon this month but I may crack for Civ. I don’t even like Civ. (Well that is not accurate. I prefer RTS games that’s all)

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

EvilLucario

I don't even use Netflix personally, I just use YouTube and Twitch (and stream/upload there as a side note) and my phone has better resolution and has better Wi-Fi and has mobile data to be far better than the Switch. No doubt having YouTube would be nothing but a positive, but I don't care.

Seriously though, who uses the photo viewer of the 3DS and Wii? I'm only interested in screenshots, not some pictures I took off a different camera.

Edited on by EvilLucario

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

ReaderRagfish

EvilLucario wrote:

Seriously though, who uses the photo viewer of the 3DS and Wii? I'm only interested in screenshots, not some pictures I took off a different camera.

When the DSi was new, it was pretty cool to have a portable device that could take pictures, record sound, browse the internet, download cheap little games, etc. But this was before smartphones were commonplace.

JaxonH

@ReaderRagfish
I gotchya. Believe me I completely agree about that. I just think we should be careful not to throw the baby out with the bathwater. Spotlighting the lack of rationality of another while jeopardizing our own.

Edited on by JaxonH

NOW PLAYING
NS: Final Fantasy XII, Final Fantasy X, Team Sonic Racing, Assassin’s Creed 3, Darksiders
PS4 / PSVR / Vita / X1 / PC / Rift / GPDwin2 / Wii U / 3DS: [nothing]

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

link3710

@EvilLucario The only photo mode I've ever used with any console is the photos on the 3DS. Being able to take 3D photos was pretty cool, and it was something I did use from time to time for fun.

That said, I'm pretty sure I've already put more time into the Switch's screenshot and video taking mode than the 3DS's.

link3710

Anti-Matter

@EvilLucario
"Seriously though, who uses the photo viewer of the 3DS and Wii?"

I used 3DS Photo & Camera when i still haven't own a smartphone yet on year 2014.
Even now i have smartphone, i still use my 3DS to take videos if my smartphone almost run out of storage.

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Nemodius

@ReaderRagfish give it time, in a few years every house will have a droid of their own that cooks, cleans, launders and games with you, don't say it ain't so, we've had a roomba (and its clones) for years, how far off is R2-D2 or even C-3P0 ???
have faith brutha

"If failure is the greatest teacher, how come we are not the most superior beings in the universe ???"

KryptoniteKrunch

The irony is that the Wii U had all of those non-gaming apps and a pretty slick browser but it bombed. While the Switch only has Hulu and is selling great.

But yeah, would I like to have an internet browser and YouTube on Switch? Sure. But man, all of these games make me not care that much.

Now playing: Crash N' Sane Trilogy, Starlink

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

ReaderRagfish

I don't miss the Switch's lack of multimedia features compared to previous consoles, but I do sort of miss other stuff like Streetpass and activity log.

Grumblevolcano

The 3rd wave of Kirby Star Allies dream friends is coming 30th November (maybe 29th November in other time zones) along with a new mode.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

HobbitGamer

I like that they’re continuing to put more characters in Kirby, and outfits in Odyssey. Makes me hope they’ll do little events or something for Ultimate

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

PikPi

So lately the only two games I have really touched are Monster Hunter PS4 and Monster Hunter Switch. Surprisingly enough I find the Switch game to be much more engaging than World on the PS4. Maybe because it just throws you into the game with less fluff surrounding the meat? Either way, I feel it's a type of game better suited to a portable system. Makes sense why it was on the 3DS for such a long time

PikPi

Morpheel

I guess you've found your niche.

Edited on by Morpheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Octane

@nate2017 No advertisement please. You can put the link in your signature if you want.

Octane

NEStalgia

@PikPi iI agree, but....I mean XX has the cat ranch and playable cats, and tons of gather quests, etc. A lot more "fluff" than World that's basically "ok, next target go get it, blah blah blah." World feels great to play, and every time I have to do a gathering animation or buy whetstones I curse the sun, but yeah there's just a "feel" to XX's world and environments that is addictive.

NEStalgia

3DWaffles

Blizzard did a good job on Diablo 3 switch version guys should check it out i was really surprised.

3DWaffles

Grumblevolcano

Youtube is now up on the eshop.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic