Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 35,921 to 35,940 of 69,963

Grumblevolcano

Path of Radiance is my favourite though Nintendo's reluctance to open their GC treasure trove means most won't get to try it.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

gcunit

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Path of Radiance is my favourite though Nintendo's reluctance to open their GC treasure trove means most won't get to pay for it.

FTFY

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

JaxonH

Modded Wii U or Dolphin, thankfully, keeps Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn alive.

I particularly like playing them in Dolphin, rendered in 1440p TV and 720p handheld.

The music in Path of Radiance too, oh man! Dun, dun, DUN DUN... dun dun, DIN DIN dun dun...

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

EvilLucario

I only played and beat FE7 and Awakening. I really enjoyed both, so with that in mind I'd be totally down for Three Houses and a FE6/7 remake.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

JaxonH

Time for the Fire Emblem hype train to kick into gear

Untitled

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

HobbitGamer

Fire Emblem is that game with Marth, right folks? 😅😂

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

HobbitGamer

That’s the sword one that isn’t Link, yeah? I get them confused.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Haruki_NLI

I thought Fire Emblem was this fighting game that just came out

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

kkslider5552000

Now that I have a Switch...

Currently own: Mario Odyssey, Smash

Will buy within the next few months or so: Celeste, Doom, Splatoon 2*, Xenoblade 2*, Sonic Mania, Megaman Legacy Collection 2 (I have 1 on 3DS)

Will buy eventually: Mario and Rabbids, Starlink, Golf Story, Hollow Knight, Megaman 11

I dunno: Diablo 3 and basically every good game I don't already own elsewhere

*I have a feeling it won't be both, plz give me more time and money

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

JaxonH

I remember when nobody knew what Fire Emblem was.

And then suddenly, when Awakening released and that demo dropped, a million + people realized the series was incredible all at once, as it was a 1st party Nintendo title, known for that Nintendo quality, and there was this influx of interest toward past entries that had gone unnoticed in the years prior. It was like everyone discovered this hidden gem of a series that was hiding right under their noses.

I was one of those people. My brother had told me about the series before that. He had bought FE Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn physically and was binging hard every night. But it wasn’t until the Awakening demo that I saw the appeal for myself.

That’s when physical copies of those games dried up, and fast. Even Shadow Dragon dried up.

NintendoByNature

2nd night playing smash. Love the game to death but struggling with a few things. 1) I keep playing the world of light/spirits mode (I think they're the same) adventure and I keep unlocking people but not everyone gets added to my rain roster, only certain ones do. 2) I also remember hearing you can unlock all characters in a few hours. I've been playing for well over 3 hours and I've only unlocked about 4 or 5 more characters than the original 8. Am I doing something wrong? 3) playing online has serious lag. Like almost unplayable. My connection seems ok. Only this game and splatoon give me issues. Every other device connected seem to be just fine. Anyone else experiencing lag issues online?

NintendoByNature

kkslider5552000

I was actually surprised to see how irrelevant FE apparently was when Awakening needed to sell in order to keep the series going. I knew people who liked the GBA games and it was a Nintendo game that got exposure in Smash Melee and Brawl and it got in early on the Wii, so I just assumed it was doing well enough until I heard otherwise.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Ryu_Niiyama

@JaxonH yeah FE7 was one of the few games that made the villain sympathetic to me (and also began to hammer home how much it sucks being a dragon/manakete in the FE universe).

I would say that is why I liked Fates and awakening so much as well as the natures of the manakete/dragons pretty much enslaved them. You want to be good? Well you better shed your dragon form and sleep a lot or die. Or leave the human realm because otherwise you are fair game to go insane and hurt those you care about. FE games really stripped out the good vs evil cliche for me(and often made humans seem worse since we chose war or evil when the dragons were just decending into insanity) its one of the few reasons why I always make Robin Lucina’s mother even though when given the option I avoid heterosexual relationships. That nuance of Fell Vessel vs Mother and protector is poignant to me.

I wills say as far as BK HD collection I would rather BK III be produced just so we could get closure on that storyline since II/origins upends BK(maybe a kingdom hearts story so far type game). It’s games like that which make me miss Iwata-denka as I feel with the sucess of xenoblade he might have pushed for talks with bamco to finish the series. It is not like bamco is doing anything with the property.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Bevinator

Switch is such an amazing console and one of my favourite of all time. I only need a new f-zero, for the new fire emblem to be epic, for 3rd party content to remain strong, and Metroid to be great for it to probably be my favourite ever.

they say that life’s a carousel, spinning fast you’ve got to ride it well. The world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams. It’s heaven and hell.

My Nintendo: Bevinator

Grumblevolcano

The situation regarding the Tellius games is the perfect example of why ports are important. Radiant Dawn was doomed from a sales angle just by the nature of being a sequel to a GC game but if Path of Radiance was ported to Wii, both games would've likely done better.

This is also why if Prime 4 is a sequel in the sense of story, Metroid Prime Trilogy HD will exist. Unless Nintendo wants the Metroid franchise to die that is.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NintendoByNature

@ReaderRagfihs thanks dude. I get when it says ' so and so' joined the fight. That means you can play as them in the adventure. But as for unlocking characters in your main roster for regular play, I'm still confused as to who gets unlocked and what it says when they get unlocked. Either way im having fun with it and not complaining. It's just kinda confusing since this is my first smash game since the original. And ya I agree i noticed much better play 1v1. But the free for all is so much more tantalizing

NintendoByNature

Therad

@WebHead I don't think it is that bad, but I think that adding a paywall to online is the such a dumb move. If they can't move more people to pay for online they have basically nerfed the sales of Splatoon without gaining anything.

In Sweden we have the word "dumsnål" which is roughly "so stingy so it becomes stupid". I think that sums up my view of paying for online.

Edited on by Therad

Therad

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic