Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 35,921 to 35,940 of 36,939

Ryu_Niiyama

dreamcast was my fighting game system. Other than that as previously stated most exclusives got re released (and I have the ones I want in my library) If they want to re port them to current systems I won't say no of course.I could use skies of arcadia on the go since the switch is my slice of JRPG/NEO GEO/Shumup pie.

Taiko is good for the soul. Let the drums fill you with FIRE! Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14 I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Buizel

@Ryu_Niiyama Zelda gold sounds great, and I wouldn't be too surprised if it happened.

@Bunkerneath exciting! Although I would prefer to have updated ports of these games (as on other systems), I wouldn't pass up a chance to play Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, Space Channel 5, Shenmue, Jet Set Radio, and Skies of Arcade on the go.

@octane Dreamcast has an excellent number of then-exclusives for such a short-lived console. However, as @link3710 pointed out, many of the best ones have already made it to other consoles. Doesn't make them any less valuable in the Switch though imo.

link3710 wrote:

Tales of Arcadia

Sounds like an interesting crossover

Currently playing: Valkyria Chronicles 4 (Switch), Dragon Ball FighterZ (Switch), Pokemon Moon (3DS), Yakuza 0 (PC), Final Fantasy XV (PC).

link3710

@Buizel Pffft wow I completely missed that. I had Tales of Symphonia on my mind when I was trying to think of which GameCube games were Dreamcast ports, it clearly showed.

link3710

Octane

@Buizel Yeah, that's true, but I was just wondering if there was anything still locked to that system that you can't play anywhere else; but from what I've seen, most of the good games have been ported to other systems at some point.

Octane

Ryu_Niiyama

@Buizel I really thought Nintendo was going to rob me blind and make a limited edition switch. I dodged a bullet with that one. Because they could have done a switch and then I would have still had to get the LE game to get the case. Sometimes it is nice when companies leave money on the table.

Taiko is good for the soul. Let the drums fill you with FIRE! Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14 I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Octane

@Tsurii I've never heard of that game before, but it looks actually pretty neat!

Octane

BrainOfGrimlock

Hmph, you kids and your Dreamcatchers...

Years I’ve been waiting for Guardian Heroes to be remastered, years - I know that it was only about 5 people worldwide that owned a Saturn but >sniff< we have feelings, wants and needs too!

PS: I would also rub myself inappropriately on a Power Stone remake/remaster/re-release!

PPS: Code of Princess Ex was recommended a while back as a modern-day Guardian Heroes, it’s been at $60 since release and i’ve been on the fence for so long (got too many things to play right now anyway) - has anyone here got any good/bad experiences with it? >runs off to see if there’s a thread for it<

Edited on by BrainOfGrimlock

BrainOfGrimlock

Nemodius

@BrainOfGrimlock
Saturn fans have "Wants and Needs Too"
I've never had or even so much as played a Saturn, but I do feel your pain, with my poor TG-16

"If failure is the greatest teacher, how come we are not the most superior beings in the universe ???"

BrainOfGrimlock

@jhewitt3476 If they’re releasing an Atari and remaking the Intellivision after all these years then who knows, the TG might be next for an ‘expensive and interesting but ultimately futile because not many people will buy it’ release? I hope so for your sake - the TG is one of the few things i never owned (neo-geo & 3do being two other such examples) due to parents making my purchasing decisions in thise days, but it always seems to be remembered well?

BrainOfGrimlock

Mrtoad

World of Final Fantasy Maxima is over 10 GBs and there's no physical release for Switch. Sigh

Edited on by Mrtoad

I’m on my way...

Nemodius

@BrainOfGrimlock the TG-16 was a phenomenal idea and implemented very well, great and reasonable price, the 16 bit games were based on a processor that concentrated on speed rather than power, and the games reflected that and the increased number of sprites made for some fun games, it had an add-on cd-rom module, and the cartridges themselves were the size of credit cards, lending itself to another great item, a portable like the gameboy, but had full color, back lit display, it played the Hu-Cards flawlessly and it had a add-on also that turned it into a portable television, the company had the right idea....."One Ring To Rule Them All !!!"

only problem was it just didn't have the marketing in the U.S. and Europe it did in Japan (where it was very popular), but it was a great system none the less

"If failure is the greatest teacher, how come we are not the most superior beings in the universe ???"

Buizel

@BrainOfGrimlock Guardian Heroes was remastered for the Xbox 360 so I wouldn't be surprised if it turned up as part of Sega Ages or something. Power Stone also had a PSP release... I personally think the Switch would be a lot better suited being the local multiplayer machine that it is.

Edited on by Buizel

Currently playing: Valkyria Chronicles 4 (Switch), Dragon Ball FighterZ (Switch), Pokemon Moon (3DS), Yakuza 0 (PC), Final Fantasy XV (PC).

IceClimbers

Would rather wait for Black Friday. Hoping to nab Crash or Wolfenstein for cheap then.

WoFF Maxima preload is live. Only $40. Was totally expecting $60 honestly.

Anyways, grabbed Pirate's Curse in the sale. Gonna be the last thing I pick up this year though (well, besides above mentioned Crash or Wolfenstein) because I got convinced to spend about 2 grand for a NBA ticket package. Only a $700 down payment though, but it definitely is taking up all of my excess spending money for a while.

Edit: I should probably mention that I already preordered Smash months ago lol. Can't miss that game!

Edited on by IceClimbers

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

BrainOfGrimlock

@Buizel omg... How did I never know/notice/see that?! It’s been out for ages too and best part is it’s backwards compatible!

Will be downloading this beast when I get home, you have literally made my day. Unless it has aged terribly. Then you’ve simply caused me to pine for a remake/sequel even harder whilst being ever so slightly poorer.

@jhewitt3476 I get quite misty-eyed reading/reminiscing about the old machines; dunno if it’s because I was much younger & we weren’t surrounded by tech but they just seemed to ‘wow’ more? Weird really because I still love the old machines but struggle to muster much enthusiasm for games older than the 16-bit era so can’t exactly call myself a dedicated retro gamer?

Edited on by Yosheel

BrainOfGrimlock

Nemodius

@IceClimbers
I'm wondering if Gamestop will have a "Black Friday" on new AND used games....

Yosheel

Every time I visit this thread it always has like three to five new pages to read.

Every time I visit the Xbox thread it always has like three to five new walls of text to read.

Edited on by Yosheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NEStalgia

So WoFF is now on the eshop. But there's no mention of physical on the Nintendo page for it. Nor does Amazon or other retailers mention physical. Yet they have ffxii up. WoFF on X1 had physical everywhere. Anyone know what's up with that?

NEStalgia

DarthNocturnal

I thought WoFF wasn't getting a physical Switch release?

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic