Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 35,901 to 35,920 of 69,992

Octane

@subpopz I think that's the problem. Offering a paid solution to a problem they have created themselves. That's something Ubisoft or EA does in their games; ''having difficulty gaining experience? too bad there isn't an easy difficulty in the game, here, buy this exp boost for $10!!!'' I really don't want to see that applied to Nintendo's service. It's what I feared though, at this point it's all about the 'free games', and not the online. People want better games, so they'll rise the price to accommodate for that. None of that has anything to do with their online infrastructure, and at that point they should just make the online free again. This applies to Sony and Microsoft as well.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

@Octane It's not that applicable to Microsoft, their approach was start with an expensive service with basic functionality and then as time went on the price stayed the same but the amount of stuff that came with the service grew (the price has at the least been constant since I got a 360 in 2009). Sure part of that is likely to do with just how much they messed up with XB1 in 2013 but on the other hand I doubt the Switch would've existed the way it is now if Wii U was a success.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Therad

@toiletduck look at speedruns and you soon realize what buggy messes those games really were. I did love them at the time, but they really haven't aged well.

SNES games though, I can still play those sometimes.

Therad

Therad

@Grumblevolcano localizing content could be a way for them to prolong the wait for SNES. But if I am being cynical, I wouldn't be surprised if they will release junk games from now until the subs start expire and then release better titles.

Therad

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
Genealogy of the Holy War was a SNES game, FYI

Fire Emblem and Fire Emblem Gaiden were the NES games.

Fire Emblem Mystery of the Emblem, Fire Emblem Genealogy of the Holy War and Fire Emblem Thracia 776 were the 3 games on SNES.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Alantor28

Today is a great day on Christmas Day. On Xenoblade Chronicles 2 today, I got the legendary blue haired android of the Xenosaga series, KOS-MOS herself! I think I am gonna enjoy learning how to use her.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698
PSN: MMX20

JaxonH

@DarthNocturnal
I don’t mind that we didn’t get FE12. I mean ya, I wish we’d have gotten it, for sure, but the fact it was a DS game means you have to play it on a DS, 3DS or PC emulator anyways, and you can play it in English on all three of those systems as is. So... we’re not really missing out.

I bet they continue the Echoes line of remakes. FE1, FE3, FE11 and FE12 are practically the same game though. FE11 is a remake of FE1 while FE12 is a remake of FE3, and FE3/12 include the story of FE1/11 as the first half of the story. So my guess is they’re not going to touch any of those games in the Echoes line, not for a while anyways.

My money is on Genealogy of the Holy War, followed by Thracia. Which I would be thrilled to see.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH Oops but anyway you get the point, NES isn't going to last multiple years unless Nintendo localizes Japan exclusives or reduces the number of NES games per month.

As for Fire Emblem remakes, I think they'll go for Binding Blade next because of the Smash effect. With Roy and Lucas brought back as DLC in Smash 4 and not cut from the roster in Ultimate, the Switch seems like perfect timing for their games to officially be released outside Japan. I think Binding Blade is a lot more likely than Mother 3 though, the continuation of FE remakes depended on Shadows of Valentia's sales meanwhile Mother 3 localization was nothing more than a Wii U rumour that never happened.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
I’d be down for that. Honestly, I don’t really care which one they remake because they’re all good.

But I’d love to see the two Radiance games packaged as an HD Collection like Metroid Prime Trilogy (which I also hope to see). Would also love a Baten Kaitos HD Collection. And a Xenosaga Trilogy HD.

Man... there’s just so many good GameCube/Wii era games ripe for HD remastering.

Octane

@subpopz In that case, I completely agree. Preferably they should give customers to option to buy the individual games as well, but that would be the cherry on top.

Octane

Alantor28

Hey guys, quick question. How do I unlock Dino Drama on Xenoblade Chronicles 2's Challenge Mode?

PSN: MMX20

JaxonH

@Alantor28
Might try asking in the Xenoblade 2 thread.

I’m playing the Torna expansion right now in fact, but I never tried the challenge mode in the main game, so I have no clue.

LadyCharlie

yeah, Shadow Dragon and Echoes are both remakes of games that were previously Japan only.

LadyCharlie

Switch Friend Code: SW-1787-3887-5088 | 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6315-2933

EvilLucario

Yeah Echoes remade FE2, or Gaiden as it was originally called.

Call it a hunch, but I somehow feel like we'll eventually see a remake of both FE6 (Binding Blade, Japan only) and FE7 (the first one we got) in the future.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Ryu_Niiyama

@EvilLucario Your lips to Nintendo/IS's ears. FE7 is still my favorite FE so if I could play that with the Three houses graphics...drools

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Ralizah

My experience with the series is limited to FE7, Awakening, and the Fates games. Of those, my favorite is also FE7: absolutely stellar level design, and Lyn/Eliwood are both decent protagonists. The boss battles still kind of suck, though. The mechanics don't seem balanced around single, devastatingly powerful units who can one-hit kill your units, even when you're playing it safe.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

JaxonH

@Ryu_Niiyama
I LOVE Fire Emblem 7. One of my personal faves, which I played through to nearly the end and then got sidetracked. I remember a crazy plot twist right before I stopped playing.

I even own a sealed copy in mint condition- one of my most prized gaming possessions. It took me forever to obtain it, too. I checked eBay every single day for the span of six months and not one sealed copy in mint condition was listed. Eventually I found one but it was one of those “graded” copies, which, I’m not into the whole graded video game thing but, it was the only new, undamaged copy listed for months and months. So I went ahead and bought it with the plan to crack the plastic open and take the game out. But when I got it, I just couldn’t bring myself to break it. So I kept it, and being the compulsive person I was at the time, got Sacred Stones in the graded plastic to match. Few months later there was a separate listing posted on eBay for a mint, unopened copy of FE7, finally, which I immediately pounced on, along with Sacred Stones to match. One of these days I’ll need to sell the graded copies... although, they do kinda look nice on display.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic