Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 35,841 to 35,860 of 69,985

KryptoniteKrunch

Yup, JRPGs on handhelds for sure. It's weird because the people downplaying portability would've killed for a DQ game on Vita.

Edited on by KryptoniteKrunch

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

EvilLucario

Yeah I have a PS4 and a PC that can absolutely beast DQXI at 60fps. But if it's coming to Switch, that's where I'll get it over those two because playing RPGs in handheld is my preferred way of playing big RPGs.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Ralizah

Which version I get is largely dependent on the undocked performance. If it only looks decent on the TV (like, say, Xenoblade Chronicles 2), then I might as well get it on PC, where I can run it at 60fps and mod in the symphonic music. I really would prefer to play games like this in handheld form, though, and I imagine S-E will do what they can to optimize it for the platform so that it's still a lovely experience, even on the small screen.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

NintendoByNature

All this talk about onimusha had me looking into it more. I honestly never heard of it or played it when it was originally out but im a huge resident evil fan. Looks like itll be a winner in my books based on the gameplay I've seen. And since
it's only a couple weeks away from release, double win! Had no idea this really existed and now I'm super pumped

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

@nintendobynature
Capcom’s been doing a nice job bringing 6th gen games into the modern era, and I especially appreciate their Switch efforts.

Okami HD, the MegaMan X Collection with X8, Onimusha, and we have Resident Evil 0 and Resident Evil 4 on the way. Even other companies with games like Katamari.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

NEStalgia

@PolarExperience wow around here even the cheap stuff is like $5.99lb minimum.

@JaxonH I'm a huge cheese fan, and have never seen that. Sounds cheap, too.... I'm jealous!

@Knuckles-Fajita why do i feel like this is Japan only. Wonder if the trailer it's legit switch footage... Looks a little too good for a game that kinda struggles on ps4 pro....

@Grumblevolcano not sure how that could possibly mess up cloud saves that bad. Unless that means Yoshi has a major online component... Which is worse news. Yoshi souls confirmed?

NEStalgia

NintendoByNature

@JaxonH they've been very supportive which great for a capcom fan such as myself. They're also brining resident evil 1 as well I'm pretty sure. So many great capcom games on or coming to switch

NintendoByNature

SuperWeird

Capcom needs to bring Street Fighter IV to the Switch. Don't know what they're waiting for.

SuperWeird

Cobalt

@JaxonH

Did you notice that the "trailer" shows ONLY cutscenes ?
Maybe it starts to ring a bell ?

Cobalt

JaxonH

@Cobalt
Did you notice those cut scenes were rendered in game?

Does that start to ring a bell?

@NEStalgia
Already confirmed for the west. Obviously. And yes that was real switch footage. So believe it!

Of course all this feels reminiscent of that “there is no way there’s a new Smash Bros game in two years, it HAS to be a port of Smash Wii U!”

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Cobalt

@JaxonH Apparently you're not able to get my point... Why I'm not surprised ?

Cobalt

Anti-Matter

Cobalt wrote:

Dragon Quest XI was already played by the fans on PS4 or PC since September...
The problem will be again the price... Basically when the Switch version will be available, the PS4 version would cost 10€...

In other words, you HATE ports. 😒

Anti-Matter

gcunit

I would have a certain user permanently on my ignore list, but every time that user drops a turd in this thread, about 5 other users rise to the bait.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Grumblevolcano

I wonder if the eshop will be able to cope with the number of new Switch owners this time.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JoeDiddley

@Grumblevolcano I’m getting Katamari but I’m planning to download it on Christmas Eve rather than risk it on Christmas Day.

I’ve updated Smash before wrapping it up too.

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

HobbitGamer

@Grumblevolcano Good point. I recall a few times when XBL struggled to chug on Christmas Day. Here’s hoping to lots of fresh blood for Smash and the like.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NEStalgia

@SuperWeird afaik sfv is paid for by Sony. There's as much chance of that going to switch as Bayonetta 3 on ps4.

@JaxonH cool! Smash surprised me in that everything that they showed up to e3 really did look like smash 4 ported. The final game definitely isn't a port, but they really made it look like or would be up to that point. Nintendo communications are stellar as always

Dq isn't so much not believing switch could run dq as much as having little faith in SE shaving any idea what they're doing.... That game doesn't look amazing enough to choke a ps4 as much as it does... Reminds me of Crystal Tools engine all over again. So taking that rusted bucket and porting it to switch without performance problems just seems to good to be true for a team that can't even do it on x86 boxes. . Even though it's not even supposed to be a port at all......NX indeed!

I have it on ps4 already, and I admit it's nice looking enough (not for the performance issues, but otherwise) pretty in there. If it's a little better a port than woff I'll double dip it. Woff isn't bad but I'm not too enthused with the level of downgrades for it... That said it might be a port of the Vita version rather than the ps4 version which would explain a lot and wouldn't affect dq

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

JaxonH

@NEStalgia
You saw it for yourself. Everything they showed was rendered in game. It’s not too good to be true. Its perfectly reasonable to expect the game to look and run in a decent state. Most games on the switch do look and run decent when the developer puts in the work. The only time they don’t is when it’s a quick cash in without any real effort, combined with a game that had horrible performance in the first place.

This game ran well enough and can dang near run on my GPD Win 2 as is. With the changes made to optimize for the switch I don’t see what’s so hard to believe about that. That’s the whole point of porting to a console. You make changes so that it does run well on that console. It’s how they got the original DOOM on the SNES. It’s how they got DOOM and Wolfenstein 2 and Warframe on Switch.

The game will be fine. This isn’t some game that’s being ported after the fact without any consideration for the platform from the start. Switch was always a target platform, from the very beginning. Everything they did when they designed this game was done in a way to where it would run on Switch also with some downgrading.

Don’t have to act like seeing a game run decent on Switch is this unbelievable miracle that’s too good to be true. Even World of Final Fantasy was a decent port, and it just got a patch that fixed some of the issues it had. And you know that was a super quick rush job port. This is a game that’s been developed ground up with Switch in mind for years and years.

It’ll be fine.

Ryu_Niiyama

Agreed with super weird. IV is big enough that unless you are competitive you won’t mind not having V. Especially since Capcom ported it to the Twins. I am still hoping that since they were pleased with sales of ultra II and they can’t port V but they put IV on modern systems that after this round of revivals they will toss IV and MVC3 onto the switch. Need a Vs game as well.

Just need Sega to wake up and Bamco to stop asking for fan demand. I mean WB is on board again for crying out loud.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic