Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 35,801 to 35,820 of 69,991

FragRed

Damon Baker has posted a message on Twitter to say he’s leaving his job and, by the looks of things, Nintendo as of the new year to “pursue a new opportunity”. Hope whom ever replaces him continues the push for getting third party support on the Switch and beyond.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

IceClimbers

@FragRed I imagine Kirk Scott (the dude that took over the Nindies Showcases) will be his replacement.

Best of luck to Damon though!

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Ralizah

@EvilLucario Look, I'll eat American cheese when I need to, but let's be real: it's not real cheese. I'm not even sure it's technically food. Only Kraft-brand American Cheese is even really edible; off-brand American cheese resembles a sort of soft plastic.

There are a lot of good cheeses out there: Brie, Gouda, Cheddar, Pepperjack, Colby-Jack, Parmesan, Muenster, etc.

I have a weakness for Easy Cheese on Chicken-in-a-Biscuit crackers, personally. It's not cheese (more of a processed cheese-flavored paste), but I still like it.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

FragRed

@IceClimbers I vaguely remember him, then the switched it up with a more “edgy” showcase with just as much cringe jokes only as a voice over. I assume that’s the way they’ll go in the future.

It sounds like whatever Damon is up to going forward, may still somehow relate to Nintendo, just from outside the company. That’s how I read his message anyway.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Cobalt

@FragRed Hummmm... that reminds me when Adam Boyes left Sony... :/

Cobalt

NEStalgia

@Cobalt American cheese is the cheese that goes with American burgers though....

Basically it's just very mild cheddar that originated here, or at least gained popularity here.

French cheese is for eating plain and undisturbed, not for placing on meat.

@JackEatsSparrows i really don't think discussing 1-2 switch in a contest of determining milking superiority is a good idea....

NEStalgia

FragRed

I have little knowing what’s happening in this discussion, but the only time I like any kind of cheese is when it’s on top of a pizza with multiple none cheese related toppings.

NEStalgia

@Ralizah land o lakes "new yorkerx, cooper, are infinitely better than kraft, which i assume is polymer based.

Easy cheese is artificially flavored expanding insulation foam I'm pretty sure..... But it's somehow sooo good. And expensive. Insulation always is.

Nintendo: so much 2018 content we're talking about cheese at Christmas.

NEStalgia

EvilLucario

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

GeoChrome

@ReaderRagfihs Cheddar on Ritz is heavenly.

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

HobbitGamer

Majesco will make a comeback with Cheese Mama in 2019. And we’ll all be characters!!

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

JaxonH

Eh hem.

I live in Wisconsin, the cheese state.

You want Weyowega cheese. Even if you have to drive to Wisconsin to get it... do it.

You can probably order online though. You don’t know what cheese is until you’ve had Weyowega cheddar

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

GeoChrome

Weyauwega only has cheese by the pound. It’s also really expensive, $5 for a pound of cheddar?!

Edit: Honestly shouldn’t be complaining, I get just a few Sargento slices for about $3.

Edited on by GeoChrome

JaxonH

Anyone playing Onimusha Warlords?

My copy just arrived, freshly imported from Amazon Japan.

Full English voice and subs, identical to the western release, but 100% on cartridge. Not even so much as 1 single kilobyte of update data. Whereas the digital version is like 10gb.

Why aren’t more people importing? I remember region free being ground zero for controversy last generation. But it just seems like most of the people who were complaining about it don’t really utilize it now that we have it. I intend to take FULL advantage of that region free. It evens the score with a lot of releases that don’t get a retail version in NA. Between Japan, Asia and Europe, a good portion of digital games get a physical release with English nowadays..

@PolarExperience
#worthit

Ain’t nothin better than Weyowega cheddar! Cheese Lovers 4 Life

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

Also, Atari Flashbacks just arrived. What a nice little collection! No day one update. It’s all 100% on the cart. And they even did the inside artwork when you open up the case, which I always appreciate when I see that (and kudos to Onimusha Warlords which also has some lovely inside artwork). 150 games included with no updates. It’s like carrying the Atari system and all its games... in your Switch. I was born in January 1984 and was a little too young for the Atari (though I do remember my cousin owning one). So for me, this is a chance to experience some of the classics I hear talked about but never got to actually play, like Pong and Millipede, Asteroids, etc. there’s no virtual restore points but, that aside, I really have no criticisms. It’s got a nifty, charming little menu when you turn it on and, it’s just a really nice package. One of the better virtual console collections that have released imo.

Also, Loot Goblin Amiibo arrived! I have a feeling this one’s going to be of the rare variety. It’s so different than what your normal Amiibo looks like. Looks really good in the box it comes in too.

@scubydo
So...

In short, yes. It’s good. But it is of the old-school design. The camera doesn’t freely pan with the second analog. It’s more akin to the old Resident Evil games, where the camera is fixed and when you walk out of view, you enter a new fixed camera area. It’s definitely a relic of old-school design back when consoles didn’t have the power to handle more than that. But despite its old school design it is very good.

In the original release there was no analog support in all directions, iirc. They have added full analog support for this game. And you can definitely tell it’s a PS2 game. It’s a remaster, not a remake. But this is one of those classics that really shines through it’s dated design. The story is there. The core gameplay is there. And it’s got some of the best cut scenes from the era you will find, hands down.

Edited on by JaxonH

Haruki_NLI

Nearly four years after first being announced...

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

GeoChrome

Still doubt that it’s going to be 2019

ilikeike

@PolarExperience But Square Enix announced it for 2019, surely they wouldn't delay it past the intended release date indefinitely! It's not like they've ever done that before.../s

Mario Galaxy is ten years old, and now I feel old.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic