Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 35,781 to 35,800 of 69,981

NEStalgia

@Ralizah Aww, I thought NSMBU was basically SMW:U versus the truly plasticine mobile-esque Wii & 3DS NSMBs.

NEStalgia

Ralizah

@NEStalgia I liked the focus on coin collecting and gold rush levels in NSMB2.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

NEStalgia

@Ralizah Yeah, that made it different. The original NSMB and NSMB Wii were amazingly horrible. I thought NSMBU was fantastic though....a modernized SMW, and slightly bigger with a few new tricks.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@scubydo C'mon Nintendo, why can't we just pay full price?! It's 2018, Nintendo!!

NEStalgia

Eel

Excuse me, I’m happy for you, I’ma let you finish, but the first new super mario bros was lots of fun, specially the multiplayer modes.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NEStalgia

@Delibheel I dunno those two games (original and Wii) felt like the Chinese mobile counterfeit Mario games to me. I enjoyed them for what they were but they lacked all the qualities that make a Mario game a Mario game. Mario Bros. has more personality. (2 and U fixed that IMO though.)

NEStalgia

Ralizah

@NEStalgia Can't speak to the Wii one. NSMB OG in its time was... OK? It was fine. Perfectly acceptable. I'd happily play it today. It's still way better than something like Crash Bandicoot.

NSMBU isn't creative or weird enough to be a successor to SMW. Granted, I've only played half of NSMBU (thinking about playing it from start to finish next year), but I'm struggling to see why people like this particular one so much.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

HobbitGamer

NEStalgia wrote:

@Delibheel I dunno those two games (original and Wii) felt like the Chinese mobile counterfeit Mario games to me. I enjoyed them for what they were but they lacked all the qualities that make a Mario game a Mario game. Mario Bros. has more personality. (2 and U fixed that IMO though.)

All the qualities of a Mario game.... Like moving from left to right? Or gettin' 100 coins for a 1-Up?

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

EvilLucario

@Ralizah Wtf man. American cheese is still really good! I mean, I still prefer Swiss cheese, but still.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

NEStalgia

@JackEatsSparrows Like level designs that add interesting obstacles and enemy/trap placements to work out how to get around, well placed secrets/hard to reach bonus items/areas, and unique locations and stages that have memorable, noteworthy elements instead of pretty much samey-generic looking flat tracks that seem almost procedurally generated.

NEStalgia

EvilLucario

@NEStalgia I too like my milk and ice cream. :^]

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

HobbitGamer

@NEStalgia It's always 'want want want' with you, isn't it? ;p

@Cobalt I don't even know what that means. Is African Fries a game on WiiU that's getting ported to Switch, too?

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Cobalt

@JackEatsSparrows

"American" and "Cheese" are two words that don't match at all for me...
It would be the same kind of nonsense with "African" and "Fries".

"American" fits with burgers or sodas but not with cheese... LOL

Edited on by Cobalt

Cobalt

HobbitGamer

@Cobalt So... what about Swiss Cheese?
I think the humor escapes me. I'll assume it's a Cobalt thing, haha

#MudStrongs

HobbitGamer

Sounds like a showdown is required. Hmm, this might be the ONLY time the 1-2 Switch is appropriate for public consumption; determining the superior milk-based product

#MudStrongs

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic