Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 35,761 to 35,780 of 69,981

Anti-Matter

@Cobalt
The most important is the Gameplay, Not the graphics.
I can tell you Switch version was look better a bit than Wii U version.

Anti-Matter

Ralizah

@Cobalt It's just you and your weird animus toward the Switch, dude. It looks exactly the same. The Switch version may or may not run at a higher resolution, although I find it impossible to tell in that footage.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Grumblevolcano

I see better quality with the Switch version, it's very slight but noticeable at a few parts. Cobalt is just still very salty about Wii U being drained of its good games.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Cobalt

Guys !

Run the video at 1080p full screen and check how the background ( where mario and Toadette/Peach walk on ) is moving...
I checked on 2 different screens and yes it scrolls smoothly on the Wii U side and not on the Switch one...

Edited on by Cobalt

Cobalt

Anti-Matter

Cobalt wrote:

Guys !

Run the video at 1080p full screen and check how the background ( where mario et Peach walk on ) is moving...
I checked on 2 different screens and yes it scrolls smoothly on the Wii U side and not on the Switch one...

Nope. 🤔
My eyes still saw Switch version a bit better than Wii U version.
BTW, does it really matter for you ?

Anti-Matter

NEStalgia

@Ralizah I'm pretty sure it's gone on sale once or twice in the past 6 months. There was a total Steamworld "publisher" sale at one point that Dig 1, Dig 2, and Heist were on. Not sure what the price was though.

@msm2000 It depends, if white handles and the screenprint on a black controller do it for you for another $15+, knock yourself out on a Smash Pro.... The black looks sleek and understated and is cheaper....kind of 50/50

@JaxonH Oh, I didn't know the screenprint was silver...that makes it a lot more inviting. ALMOST makes me wish I got that as my spare, but then I'd still never want to use it, and $55 vs $70+ probably wasn't worth it. I got my wireless silver GCN though.....the only controller that matters for Smash.

Wait...you have ALL the joycon colors and weren't going to buy the NES joycons? Glad I intervened! I almost bought the splatoon pink/green set to replace my drifting yellow...but...I just love the yellow too much. It looks cool, and more importantly is high visibility for using it in the dark, so it's kind of function over fashion. I have the red/blue set on my other switch though and can't see wanting to change it.

Ok, I admit, the only reason I wanted the pink/green was to match the green with my red at Christmas.......

@Cobalt There's a slight framerate difference, though the WiiU version in this video also appears sub-60 which isn't correct, so some of it may be video artifact. Plus that's a pre-release build of the Switch version, and optimization is the last step. There's no reason for it to not perform superior on Switch other than lousy optimization, but Nintendo is known for top notch optimization. Launch version should be smooth.

Truthfully though there's something off about the frame pacing on both versions in that video that makes me suspect some video capture issues for the video. It's GameExplain, not Digital Foundry....I don't think I'd trust their capture precision the same way.

NEStalgia

HobbitGamer

Guess what? I never played NSMBU, so it looks good to me on Switch. This isn’t Laserdisc & DVD, it’s friggin Mario.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Octane

Yes, there's a slight stutter in the Switch version, but it's minimal, and the game isn't even out yet. Both look identical graphics-wise though.

Octane

NintendoByNature

It's probably just you. I can't tell the difference

NintendoByNature

GrailUK

Yeah, there is definitely a judder going on. However, that can get tightened up before release no probs.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

link3710

Cobalt wrote:

Guys !

Run the video at 1080p full screen and check how the background ( where mario and Toadette/Peach walk on ) is moving...

After staring at this for about 5 minutes trying to find the stuttering, it occurred to me. If it takes multiple screen and careful study to find the difference, then why the heck does it matter?

link3710

Eel

I’d wait for an actual comparison video from digital foundry before grabbing the internet pitchfork and starting a one man angry mob.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

1UP_MARIO

They both look identical to me. Great game in 2013. Great game now

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

EvilLucario

tHe wiI u vErsIon loOks betTeR

Untitled

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

EvilLucario

I mean it's New Super Mario Bros. Not even a bump to 1080p would make that game look any better.

Even a downgrade to 480p or 540p wouldn't do anything.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

TuVictus

link3710 wrote:

After staring at this for about 5 minutes trying to find the stuttering, it occurred to me. If it takes multiple screen and careful study to find the difference, then why the heck does it matter?

My thoughts exactly. If we even need to see it side by side just to pin point the tiny difference, it means it's not big enough to even care.

TuVictus

Ralizah

@EvilLucario Pretty much. NSMB's aesthetic is like American cheese: plastic, tasteless, and largely immune to the vagaries of differing environments.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Late

@Ralizah I remembered seeing SteamWorld Dig 2 for 10€ recently but seems like it was only in Europe at the end of November.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic