Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 35,601 to 35,620 of 40,069

Aozz101x

RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures comes out in November in EU and Q1 2019 in USA. (also atgames is the distribution in the US version. )

About

RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures brings the legendary RollerCoaster Tycoon series into the next generation—combining classic RollerCoaster Tycoon gameplay with the modernized user experience of the critically acclaimed mobile title RollerCoaster Tycoon Touch, all customized for the unique features of the Nintendo Switch. Build your entertainment empire in three distinct game modes—classic Campaign, tricky Scenarios, and the open Sandbox. Over 200 wonderfully wacky rides, restaurants, shops, and decorations ensure parks burst with action, and the intuitive coaster builder lets you create wild, death-defying coasters with ease. Play it on your TV or on-the-go—it’s never been so easy to become a RollerCoaster Tycoon!

Key Features

Exciting Game Modes: Create outrageous parks in three different fun-filled modes – Campaign, Scenario, and Sandbox.
Thrill Rides: Place seven types of fully customizable roller coasters in your park–Wooden, Steel, Winged, Hyper, Inverted, Dive, and Accelerator.
Intuitive Management System: Streamlined management and easy-to-use tools make RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures the most accessible entry in the RollerCoaster Tycoon franchise, and a perfect fit for the Nintendo Switch.
Personalize your Park: Pick from over 50 vivid colors to customize rides, roller coasters, shops, and restaurants.
Park Landscaping: Modify your land with path, foliage, and river tiles.
Immersive Environments: Build incredible parks in four distinctive locations–Alpine, Moon, Canyon, and Tropics.
Attractions Galore: Choose from over 200 wacky rides, restaurants, shops and decorations for your park, from the humble Merry-go-Round to the death-defying Roto-Drop, all featuring advanced shaders and effects.
Intuitive JoyCon or Touchscreen Controls give you the freedom to play the way you want.
Seamless play between dock mode and handheld mode lets you play anywhere!
Runs at 1080P at 30FPS docked, and 720P at 30FPS in handheld mode.

https://gematsu.com/2018/10/rollercoaster-tycoon-adventures-f...

Edited on by Aozz101x

the picture you're seeing is a homemade chocolate made by Nanako from Persona 4.

3DS Friend Code: 3153-5789-3951 | Nintendo Network ID: Aozz101x

Octane

@Aozz101x Please don't! That ain't RollerCoaster Tycoon! Anything after 3 is hot garbage.

Octane

Galarian_Lassie

Atgames, a clear sign of quality.

Where am I going! Nowhere, unless if I say otherwise!

Buizel

EvilLucario wrote:

"Quality matters most"

I know Aaron Webber isn't really in charge of making Sonic games since he's a PR guy, but considering Sonic's reputation... that's pretty funny.

That said Sonic racing games by Sumo Digital have all been good, so hopefully this follows suit.

Maybe Sega had learnt from Sonic 06 and Boom not to rush games, should they release in a terrible state.

Then again, I was saying this with Forces' delayed release and that game was mediocre at best.

Still, I'm hopeful. Sumo's previous racers were both excellent, and heaven knows I never miss Sonic game.

Currently playing: Pokemon White (DS), Persona 4 Golden (PSVita), Transistor (Switch)

EvilLucario

@Buizel Apparently Forces only had one year of actual development where most of the time was spent making the new Hedgehog Engine (which looks nowhere near as good as Unleashed still so that was wasted), but regardless Forces isn't really bad, just very forgettable average. Lost World was weird with lots of good points and lots of bad/meh points too. Sonic hasn't had it good since Generations really.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

IceClimbers

The Smash Grinch leak keeps getting weirder and weirder.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

EvilLucario

You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Alantor28

Finally got my Salamin Run rank back to Part-Timer in Splatoon 2. It doesn't help the fact that I sometimes get paired with idiotic teammates when freelance. >_<

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698
PSN: MMX20

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698

IceClimbers

@Octane It's a bit spread out and I'm on mobile, but basically people contacted the printing company that the person who took the Snapchat video worked at. Said company responded saying that he hasn't worked there since 2016 and that they aren't working with Namco for Smash Ultimate.

Turns out this dude created another LinkedIn profile instead of updating his old one, and this new profile lists a different French printing company, which may very well be working with Namco and Nintendo for Smash Ultimate.

Also someone created a render of one of the characters based on the banner and then claimed it was a pre-existing render in order to "debunk" it.

Octane

@IceClimbers People are going nuts. It's just a game you'd think. But then I remembered the wise words of @NEStaglia ''It's not just a game, it's Smash''; not sure if he ever said that, but now he did

Octane

link3710

@Octane @IceClimbers Actually, the company that worked with Namco Bandai was always the new one, but when people went to check he'd made the new one private, which led to a lot of people going to the old one and contacting the wrong place.

link3710

IceClimbers

@Octane @link3710 Like I said, this leak just keeps getting weirder. Hopefully we get some official news soon that either proves or disproves it.

kkslider5552000

Y'know there are some valid arguments against the Switch, but I need to say as clearly as possible that "There's a long list of good to great games in a wide variety of genres I don't like" is the absolute worst one. And is also entirely unrelateable to me, someone who can get into nearly any genre depending on how it's done.

Not to shame people who don't like certain genres, that would be stupid. But it does kinda come across as "I tried a game for a minute, didn't get into, thus all games like it I will never try to enjoy ever!" And again, also less sympathetic because the people complaining often seem to have the money to buy whatever they want and don't have to think for even a second about their purchases.

This is not just a Nintendo thing either. As much as I didn't like the trends of last gen, the idea that Xbox 360 was worthless unless you liked brown shooters was really absurd. Or Wii with casual games, it makes no sense if you're an enthusiast, on internet forums, to pretend it's impossible to find games that so clearly exist.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 50...

AlohaPizzaJack

@kkslider5552000 Agreed. For me, the Switch has had a larger variety of games available that I’m interested in since PS2. I’ve got Zelda, Mario, puzzle games, shooters, narrative games, sims, racers; all kinds of different genres that have at least a few titles I like. I went from playing tons of games on my Wii and 360 to only buying Fallout 4 and Andromeda on my XB1. Granted, I was given all the Games with Gold titles, but more often than not it was something that didnt interest me. I got a Switch, then played Xbox even less. So I sold that and grabbed a WiiU.
I went where games for me were. Not ever gonna knock someone that does that, but I will think it’s silly to hang on to something you don’t enjoy just so you complain about it. That’s like some Stockholm syndrome

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Knuckles-Fajita

Vampyr is coming to Switch apparently.

Didn't that game run like crap?

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

JaxonH

New Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate DLC next Wednesday on Halloween! Free DLC, of course. That's all it ever gets. The release schedule is much more condensed than it was for MHXX in Japan, and I like that.

Also, MHGU is on sale for 30% off in EU. I hear it's $44.99 in NA. Fantastic game (the best) for a fantastic price.

My Hero One's Justice just shipped, should have that by Saturday.

Also, glad to see Diablo 3 just entered top 30 of eShop best sellers. That game did 30+ million, I would hope it breaks into #1 spot on Switch. Civilization I'm hoping for top 5.

@NEStalgia
I... think it's pretty safe to say it's Switch exclusive. Multiplats never come to Switch first, as a general rule. Either they come later or they come at the same time, but never first. And even if it did go to other systems they wouldn't announce it three weeks from now when the game is releasing. It would be down the line. But it's also a touchscreen based game for handheld, and other systems don't have a touchscreen. Of course it still has controller support but, I'm just saying. It might not be as appealing that way.

Edited on by JaxonH

NOW PLAYING
NS: Trials Rising (masterpiece), Tales of Vesperia, NSMBU Deluxe
X1: DMC5
GPD Win 2: Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
3DS/Wii U/PS4/PSVR/Vita/PC/Rift: [nothing]

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

BrainOfGrimlock

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Y'know there are some valid arguments against the Switch... >snip<
...it makes no sense if you're an enthusiast, on internet forums, to pretend it's impossible to find games that so clearly exist.

Couldn't agree more, great post. I guarantee my switch library is pretty different to most and I personally could care less about the majority of Nintendo's titles but I still love the thing to death. There's some really odd complaints about it sometimes and it just leaves me scratching my head - I largely think the switch caters for most tastes/types of game but even then - even if it doesn't - why people get so upset about the thing when there are plenty of other platforms/places to play games is beyond me?

To illustrate (a little); remember the new switch rumours a week or two ago? Saw these comments on an article and I was just left face-palming - isn't this exactly what we had with the 3DS/Wii-U?! And we all know how that story ended?

Untitled

Literally baffling. More surprising is the amount of people that agreed so maybe I'm in the wrong. I didn't have the inclination to debate it with the fine folk in any case, let sleeping dogs lie etc but interesting nonetheless.

Edited on by BrainOfGrimlock

BrainOfGrimlock

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic