Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 35,601 to 35,620 of 36,853

darkfenrir

@Heavyarms55 Right now I have around 8 physical games, and 2 digital. Already have tons more planned to be bought in the future as well.

And... yes. So far as I see, it's only one side. Maybe they thought players doesn't need physical button lmao :v (idk, maybe this is some sort of front for investors, "Look at us going to get two market at once! SMARTPHONE AND GAMING MARKET!")

darkfenrir

Switch Friend Code: SW-0242-3593-1338

diwdiws

@Mrtoad i think the article or the author has no idea what he is talking about. Its Huaweis latest highend phone, literally all modern Highend Smartphones are stronger than the switch. Even the specs of their Huaweis previous highend phone is stronger than the Switch and i dont think they will do a new highend model with a weaker spec

diwdiws

link3710

@Heavyarms55 Oh boy, since you asked for physical I have: Super Bomberman R, Mario Kart 8 DX, LoZ Breath of the Wild, Super Mario Odyssey, Doom, Lumo, Ittle Dew 2+, Count Lucanor, The Sexy Brutale, Captain Toad, Bayonetta 2, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Octopath Traveler, Shining Resonance Refrain, Splatoon 2, Disagea 5, Dragonball Xenoverse 2, One Piece Unlimited World Red, Has-Been Heroes, ARMS, Kirby Star Allies, Mario and Rabbids, Fire Emblem Warriors, Lego City Undercover, Lego Marvel Superheroes 2, Lego Worlds, Axiom Verge, Rocket League, DK: Tropical Freeze, Shantae: Half Genie Hero, Resident Evil Revelations, Sonic Mania Plus, Batman Telltale, Sine Mora EX, Superbeat Xonix, I Am Setsuna, Okami HD, Retro City Rampage, Rayman Legends, The World Ends With You, Undertale, Poi. Cave Story, Nights of Azure 2, Crash N. Sane Trilogy, Gunvolt Striker Pack, Syberia

Off the top of my head for downloads we have: Golf Story, Mario Tennis Aces, Chromagun, Death Squared, Splasher, Bulb Boy, Shovel Knight, Blaster Master Zero, Snake Pass, Tumbleseed, FF XV - Pocket Edition, Hollow Knight, Yooka Laylee, Night In The Woods, Oxenfree, Steamworld Dig 2, Steamworld Heist, Bayonetta, Resident Evil Revelations 2, Fe, Toki Tori 2+

Edited on by link3710

link3710

Heavyarms55

@link3710 Wow, that's quite the "non-existent" collection you have. Very nice! A few of those are games I wasn't even aware got physical releases!

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
Feel free to add me

Heavyarms55

@darkfenrir I've felt for a while that a proper gaming smartphone would be a great idea and would actually potentially make mobile gaming worth my time. But for whatever reason, somehow, no one has managed to do it right. All it would take is a Galaxy or iPhone with official detachable physical controls similar in style to this or the Switch, with a dedicated gaming mode and a library of games made or updated to support those controls "out of the box". Yeah I know there's a bunch of 3rd party accessories for phones but compatibility is always a question. If Apple or Samsung or maybe even Sony or Nintendo released a true gaming smartphone, and started standardizing gaming controls on smartphones, it'd be a big deal.

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
Feel free to add me

Octane

@Mrtoad @diwdiws Keep in mind that 'higher specs' doesn't always mean it's better at running video games, at least necessarily. The Switch is tailored to do one thing really well, and that's play video games, phones aren't, they have to do all sorts of things; So don't expect a phone with the same specs as a Switch to do equally well in the games department. But yeah, a modern day high-end phone is definitely more powerful than a Switch. There's a reason why games like Fortnite and PUBG are playable on phones these days; because they can.

Octane

Cobalt

AGAIN ! A new port for the Switch... :/

Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends Complete Edition DX...

Edited on by Cobalt

Cobalt

EvilLucario

PS4, Xbox, and PC get ports all the time. Who cares if the Switch gets ports too? It's honestly no big deal.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

darkfenrir

Next time we should protest if PC got some sort of ports from consoles. Besides is it so bad that it increases the amount of the game libraries even if it's port? Don't like it, don't buy the game, that's... what it is. If someone else wants to, now they have the choice to.

Maybe we should protest all the ports SE is doing for example? It seems to be very positive, and yet this one port suddenly ruins everything.

Edited on by darkfenrir

darkfenrir

EvilLucario

This just in, we should never have ports so we can let our games be lost to older generations and to not expose more people to those games.

**** outta here with that nonsense.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

darkfenrir

It's ok, only Switch that shouldn't have ports! After all all the other consoles have ZERO ports!

darkfenrir

Anti-Matter

Cobalt wrote:

AGAIN ! A new port for the Switch... :/

Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends Complete Edition DX...

So What ?
If the games also on another machines, it will NOT The End of The World.
You must be granted to ABLE to play games that are NOT Originally from Nintendo Switch.
With Ports, i CAN play Dragon Quest Builders, Portal Knights, World of Final Fantasy Maxima, FF XII, etc on Nintendo Switch.
I was so Extremely Happy once heard Final Fantasy games announced for Nintendo Switch, despite they were Old games in HD Remaster.
So what's wrong with ports ?
Does it bothering you so much ?

Edited on by Anti-Matter

My Top 5 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (10 / 10)
2. The Sims series (9 / 10)
3. Portal Knights Switch (9 / 10)
4. Animal Crossing New Leaf 3DS (9 / 10)
5. ARMS (8 / 10)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608

Dogorilla

@Heavyarms55 TWEWY will be my tenth physical game (although that's including FIFA 18, which my brother plays but I don't). I think I have around 15-20 digital games.

Currently Playing: The World Ends With You (Switch), Hollow Knight (Switch), Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies (3DS), Earthbound (SNES Classic)

Cobalt

@EvilLucario

Yeah BUT they get A LOT of other games !

The Switch is a ports machine for the moment... Wii U, PS3, X360, DS, IOS, Android etc... But where are the REAL NEW GAMES ?

Cobalt

GeeEmm

Dynasty Warriors 8. Awesome!!

GeeEmm

diwdiws

@Octane and i recognize that, phones are burdened by a heavy os, with tons of other features moreover unlike the switch, phones dont have a dedicated active cooling system which throttles their power. I was just replying to the posted link and @Mrtoad when they said that the phones is comparing itself to the switch when it has a weaker spec

diwdiws

Anti-Matter
Chocobo Mystery Dungeon Every Buddy TGS 2018 Gameplay Demo.

My Top 5 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (10 / 10)
2. The Sims series (9 / 10)
3. Portal Knights Switch (9 / 10)
4. Animal Crossing New Leaf 3DS (9 / 10)
5. ARMS (8 / 10)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608

Buizel

When did we stop calling them games and start calling them ports?

As for number of games... I don't have my Switch to hand, but I think I have well over 60 at this point. And very little money wasted imo.

Currently playing: Valkyria Chronicles 4 (Switch), Dragon Ball FighterZ (Switch), Pokemon Moon (3DS), Yakuza 0 (PC), Final Fantasy XV (PC).

Dogorilla

@Cobalt I'm tempted to reply to you saying that the Switch already has a decent number of original games, some of which are among the best examples of their respective genres in recent years, and that ports are a good thing because they make games available to a new audience and offer a new way to play it by virtue of being on a hybrid console, but you already know all that. You just find every opportunity you can get to say something negative about the Switch.

Currently Playing: The World Ends With You (Switch), Hollow Knight (Switch), Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies (3DS), Earthbound (SNES Classic)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic