Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 35,441 to 35,460 of 69,983

Ralizah

Tales of Vesperia on anyone's radar? Bandai-Namco has revealed how the game will perform across the board.

720p/1080p on Switch (undocked vs. docked, obvs). 60fps in battle, 30fps everywhere else, which seems to be how it ran on the PS3 as well. Interestingly, the Xbox One version's performance has the same targets as docked Switch, although I wouldn't be surprised if it's more stable.

PS4 is 60fps across the board.

Source: https://nintendoeverything.com/tales-of-vesperia-definitive-e...

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Alantor28

One more day until Smash Bros Ultimate comes. I hope to get it on my birthday in two weeks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698
PSN: MMX20

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698

darkfenrir

Yeh, can't wait for Tales of Vesperia myself Hopefully can finish Starlink before that game comes.

darkfenrir

NEStalgia

@Ralizah Already pre-ordered on Switch. Those targets are really weird that it's 60fps on base PS4, but 30FPS outside battle on X1.....considering it's an updated rerelease of a game made for the X360! Why would it run better on PS4 than the (more powerful) version of the console it was made for to begin with? Maybe on 1X it runs 60fps, but I can't imagine why 1S wouldn't either, unless they're locking it to the OG X1 for unknown reasons. It's not exactly RDR2.

NEStalgia

Ralizah

@NEStalgia I imagine it wasn't optimized at all for the Xbox One in order to minimize costs associated with what will undoubtedly be the worst-selling version of the game. It also doesn't seem to feature enhancements for the Pro or One X.

Glad it's confirmed to be 720p in handheld mode. Those colorful anime visuals running at native resolution are going to look BEAUTIFUL.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

EvilLucario

60fps only in battle is perfectly fine by me. Overworld and menu stuff is perfectly fine at 30fps.

I like my action games at 60fps.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

link3710

@NEStalgia The Xbox 360's PowerPC vs the XB1's x86 is why. The game was originally optimized for a different architecture entirely. As both PS4 and XB1 are x86, they probably ported it to x86 and did the bare minimum to get it running on XB1. (Yes I'm aware this is a massive simplification)

link3710

NEStalgia

@Ralizah But what's weird is it was an X360 exclusive at the start, then went PS3 in Japan later, as a port. And then they unveiled the game at the XBox show at E3, despite it not being a priority platform? Just a weird circumstance all the way around.

@link3710 Yes and no, PPC is a lot more compatible with x86 than the weird PS3 cell....so any port work would have started from the 360 or PC versions, not the PS3 version, and thus would have been DirectX based to begin with. If they did bare minimum you'd think the X1 would come out ahead, and Switch would be the worst (PPC to ARM.) It seems more like they did extra work on the PS4 version in general (but unveiled the game at the XBox show.....) I know the series overall is mostly associated with PS and Vesperia being a 360 game was odd. But why not announce at Sony's show, then? It's not like they had a glut of content, it would have been great filler during the odd press walkabout instead of Shaun Layden in the press box playing with the $200 Scuff Vantage.

Of course Switch is the only version that matters....

NEStalgia

link3710

@NEStalgia Pffft and here I was hoping the simplification talk would handle that. All I was trying to say is that the PS4 and XB1 would have both been ported the same way, so XB1 didn't have any natural advantage over PS4 due to it being a 360 game. But yes, I agree with the rest of your points.

link3710

Grumblevolcano

There's a Game Awards sale on the eshop for nominated games and more.

Xenoblade 2 being included is interesting given it hasn't had any Game Awards presence outside of 1 very short trailer last year.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

EvilLucario

They knew it was snubbed at the awards too.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Ryu_Niiyama

Welp guess im getting diablo and katamari tomorrow.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

HobbitGamer

@Ryu_Niiyama Yay!! Katamari! Are you getting Smash too, or no?

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

GrailUK

N-naaaaa na na na na na na naa na nananaaa nana naaa

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

link3710

@Grumblevolcano Makes me wonder. TGA would be an amazing place to announce Monolith's new IP / XC3/ XCX2.

link3710

Ryu_Niiyama

@HobbitGamer yep waiting on the unlock. But diablo and katamari will come out of this month’s gaming budget.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

sebmeisnerwl

Hey, anyone here noticing Fortnite’s icon on the home screen isn’t updating to Season 7? It’s not a big issue game-wise but it kinda bugs me...

Switch lover, EDM lover. What more do you need?

XC2 BEST RPG ON SWITCH

Listen to my EDM podcast: anchor.fm/wavelengthsradio

Twitter:

Cobalt

@link3710

Yep that's true but I'd like to see Kamiya on stage with Bayonetta 3 and the wonderful 101 too...

Cobalt

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic