Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 34,421 to 34,440 of 69,962

NEStalgia

So I'm using the internet to make decisions for ne. I was planning to use my gold points on smash for $32 or so. Buut that means I'm losing out on the double coins for that amount..... Do i use the points up and lose >$1.30 worth of new points from the doubling, or hoard the old points?

When i type this, it's crazy to not use my points to get less than a buck 50 in New points. But it's the principle.

NEStalgia

Ralizah

@NEStalgia Just use the gold points before they expire or something.

Not sure if I'll be picking up Smash at launch (definitely after Christmas, if nothing else), as Sega Genesis Classics, Phantasy Star, and certain PC games take precedence.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

EvilLucario

I'm a dumbutt who bought Dark Souls II and III because they were on sale. And I still have to finish Nioh and Nier: Automata.

Goooooooooooddamn it me!

Edited on by Eel

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Ralizah

@EvilLucario Eh, it's not like you won't get to them eventually, right?

How far did you get in NieR: Automata? That game really sucked me in.

Therad

I would say always use gold points when buying from the eshop. But that is just me.

Edited on by Therad

Therad

EvilLucario

@Ralizah I finished the tutorial stage, really enjoyed it, but that's it because I've been so busy. It didn't help that I went back to Dark Souls 1 for a new character build, so oops.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

TuVictus

@EvilLucario Haha, same here. Started the game twice now. I get up to the cutscene where the machines "birth" some character with gray hair, then fall off again. One day I'll make it past the threshold where my interest sticks.

TuVictus

Nemodius

I'm sitting here grinding like hell on Octopath for the next 75 minutes untill GameStop opens so i can grab Diablo

Damn, another Cait just got away......mfndkdmdm !!!

Edited on by Eel

"If failure is the greatest teacher, how come we are not the most superior beings in the universe ???"

HobbitGamer

@NEStalgia Use then gold points, fool!!
To be fair, I used to have that struggle. “If I save these, I’ll have funds if something else comes up or goes on sale”.

It was rough enough to decide whether to get Smash physical or digital. I went with physical. That cartridge will hardly leave the system, anyway. And I can’t imagine having it on an SD would speed anything up more.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NEStalgia

Went to spin up Diablo at like 1:30AM "This game is not ready to play". Darned West coast Nintendo HQ!

Thanks for the gold coins tips all! ^^ I fogot they expire and....$1.50 or so for not using them shoudln't matter as much as it feels. "double coins" sounds better than it really is

@HobbitGamer For me all the "I may want to randomly play this any time for years" games go digital. Kart, Smash, Splatoon, Tennis, ARMS, Pokken (those last two seem irrelevant with Smash though), Diablo3, Civ6, MHGU, Dark Souls. I regret not doing digital DOOM, so Eternal maybe. A quick shooter always onboard would be cool. And TWEWY I got digital not because it has replay value, but because with the control scheme it's a game I'll have to play only when the moments allow, and I'm not going to switch carts for that. Everything else, RPGs etc are all physical. Well, except WoFF....thanks, Squeenx! I miss the box art with these digital games though.

@EvilLucario I like Nioh....never got far, but as a souls nut you'll love it. It's cheap at times though. Less obtuse than souls, but sometimes harder in a traditional ninja gaiden sense.

Welcome to the Nier Club (if XBL ever goes back online..........)

NEStalgia

HobbitGamer

@NEStalgia I hear ya. I still haven’t gotten a card, probably will this spring. I really wanted a box for smash, too. Sometimes I prop up the case for a newer game in the glass cabinets in the entertainment center as a pretty piece haha.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NEStalgia

@HobbitGamer Haha, I do that as well, displaying the game case of the game I'm currently playing. I've missed that with my all-digital X1, and mostly-digital PS4. That made the game seem important. Shash isn't a "currently playing" as much as an "always available" game. LGPikachu will get the display spot during December

NEStalgia

EvilLucario

@NEStalgia Yeah I'm 10 hours into Nioh and I'm at the second continent. I just haven't had the time lately. Gotta finish that game then I'll immediately finish Nier and Dark Souls II.

I promised a friend of mine that I would stream Nioh, Dark Souls II, and Dark Souls III blind on Twitch, so I can't exactly play it on my own leisure. But that's fine considering I have little time these days as school picks up.

NEStalgia

@EvilLucario not exactly quick games to get through.

Sigh you kids and your free time.... .

NEStalgia

JaxonH

Is the golf mode in Sports Party worthwhile and legit?

It uses motion, and I'm itching for a Wii Sports Club golf with motion type experience.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

Ok guys,

512gb Samsung U3 micro SD card for $241.10 shipped worldwide

• Be sure to pay in GBP, not your country's currency, and select middle shipping option

400gb Sandisk micro SD card for $110

256gb Samsung U3 microSD card for $59.36

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

BrainOfGrimlock

@JaxonH wow, they’re great prices, that 256gb is more than half what I paid for mine at launch!

Awesome to see them coming down so much, hopefully it means others who’ve been torn can grab one to help them out and also perhaps Nintendo can include at least a 32-64gb card in any future bundles/redesigns (although who knows with Ninty!)?!

BrainOfGrimlock

Ralizah

I was going to to grab a 256GB when it was closer to $50, but I realized I really don't need it. As long as I clear off games I'm not playing, I have more than enough room for pretty much anything.

The price on that 512GB one is insane. I'd much rather grab two of the 400GB ones for a similar price and have several hundreds of GBs more space.

Edited on by Ralizah

EvilLucario

Black Friday deals are looking sick as hell.

Target is going to have a Mario Kart 8 Deluxe bundle for $300 and a Super Mario Maker 3DS bundle for $80. Starlink is also getting like a $30 physical discount I believe.

There's a bigger list on Google, but they're looking pretty good. But I'm going to spend my money at Gamestop for the $200 PS4 with a $50 gift card instead. (Not interested in Spider-Man) I need to be able to play my copy of Bloodborne lol.

JaxonH

@Ralizah
Actually I think it's an amazing price.

The 256gb launched at $300, and the 512gb PNY and Integral launched at $350. And those were U1 cards with reported 10-20 write speeds. This one is like 100 read and 90 write. Prices are always on the upper end for cards pushing technological limits, and you will pay considerably more per GB in comparison. BUT. If you're in a situation where you want to contain all of your data on a single card, and one size lower simply doesn't cut it, then it can be worth it to pay the price for the larger one for the convenience of not having to switch cards.

For me, it's not about total space, it's about total space on a single card I can access without switching. And yes , I will pay more for that but... I'm more than willing to. I think it's worth it to have all your content accessible at the press of a button. Unfortunately though, even a 512gb won't cut it for me beyond the end of next year. Which is why I ordered 2 of them. I think I'm going to have to get rid of every single digital game I own that has a physical version, and just go 100% physical, and only have digital games for those titles that never received a physical release (even importing physical versions from other territories when they have English to save space). Even then I think it's going to be a close call to squeeze everything on a 512gb card by the end of the generation. But the second card can be used for all the digital copies of games that I have a physical version for. That way I still have relatively quick access to all the best games digitally, without carrying 50 or 60 different cartridges in my case. In combination with the new plastic Nyko kickstand which stores a spare card, it will be relatively easily accessible at any given time.

It all comes down to how much you value convenience and how much you value having all your games on one single card.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic