Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 33,361 to 33,380 of 69,981

JaxonH

Yikes

Had that happen to me once about a year ago. Hard reboot solved it. That's horrible timing though.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Alantor28

I don't play sport games, only RPGs, Mario games, Zelda games and more. So what you described won't happen to my Switch hopefully.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698
PSN: MMX20

Anti-Matter

@Alantor28
So....
Are you fan of Cute games also ?
Like Animal Crossing , Dragon Quest Builder, Portal Knights, Overcooked, Go Vacation, etc.

Anti-Matter

Alantor28

Anti-Matter wrote:

@Alantor28
So....
Are you fan of Cute games also ?
Like Animal Crossing , Dragon Quest Builder, Portal Knights, Overcooked, Go Vacation, etc.

Uh no. I play Dragon Quest RPGs, Final Fantasy RPGs, and games that interest me.

PSN: MMX20

Anti-Matter

@Alantor28
Ah....
So, FF 7, FF 9, FF X/X-2, FF 12, World of Final Fantasy Maxima, Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon Every Buddy will be Perfect for you.

Anti-Matter

link3710

@DarthNocturnal Okay, yes. You can play every mode by yourself vs. CPU's in every Smash. But that doesn't make those modes primarily single player, they were clearly aimed at multiplayer.

link3710

gcunit

@Anti-Matter Nothing too awful. I put it down to the battery running out while I was on the 'Post to twitter' screen, so when it woke up again after some charge it just got lost in some kind of twilight zone. I let the battery run down again in the hope that I could then dock it and it would sort itself out (I hadn't docked it the first time, just used a third party charger). I thought it had worked for a moment because it then woke up as normal, but it had quit out of my FIFA game so I had no chance to recover it. Seems back to normal now though, thanks.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Grumblevolcano

With single player I had stuff like Melee's Adventure mode, Brawl's Subspace Emissary and Boss Battles, Event Matches, Smash 4's challenge walls, etc. in mind. Things that while you may be to play co-op, the intention is to give solo players more to do than just playing against CPUs/online players in the main Smash mode.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

IceClimbers

To be fair, unlike with Smash 4 you do get to unlock a ton of characters. That alone is some good singleplayer (or multiplayer) content. Not enough obviously, but it should give the game a bit more longevity for those playing solo.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Mew

No matter what the unlock system is, I'm using my Marth amiibo right away. Gotta have my swordies

the official callie of nintendo life

Nintendo Network ID: SmasherMew

Grumblevolcano

@IceClimbers Depends on the unlock criteria, it's not good single player content if the requirements are "Play X matches". If you have to play 600 matches to unlock Ridley for example you're better off using amiibo or the 1 stock SD strategy to unlock characters.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

On a different note, I thought DOOM Switch was meant to be terrible in handheld mode? My pro controllers had to be recharged so I've been playing in handheld mode and it's perfectly fine so far, pretty much what I'd expect from a handheld DOOM in terms of performance.

Grumblevolcano

link3710

@Grumblevolcano I played the whole game in handheld no problem. The people who claim there is one are the graphics nuts who will notice any dropped frames or pixel count.

link3710

Cobalt

@link3710

I understand what you mean but I'm not agree with you...
To make it short, IF you never experienced Doom on your PC/PS4/XBOXONE before playing it on the Switch THEN no problem.

BUT

IF you have played already Doom on another system THEN the game feels not good at all...

I played Doom on PC and when I tried the game on Switch, it was really disturbing in terms of sensations... You clearly feel that it's not the same...

Cobalt

Mew

Why Pokémon: Let's Go Is The Worst Entry For Pokémon

the official callie of nintendo life

Nintendo Network ID: SmasherMew

JaxonH

Ya, DOOM is pretty solid in handheld mode. A little on the lower res side but, still looks great. Definitely the best looking FPS ever released on a handheld, which impresses me far more than just another game on a home console out of 1000 other games on home consoles.

@Cobalt
That's just not true.

I played DOOM on Xbox One X and PS4 Pro and PC.

Then I played it on Switch in handheld and it was fantastic.

It's the same game. Obviously a game on a handheld isn't gonna look quite as good, but that doesn't somehow magically change the game- it is definitely the same game. And definitely just as fun to play. More fun, actually, with the gyro and playing in tabletop at work and everywhere else.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

IceClimbers

Speaking of gyro, it's being added to Paladins in November!

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Cobalt

@JaxonH

Goddd, just the framerate, just that ! Pffff Night and day ! Be serious please... ^^

Cobalt

link3710

@Cobalt I think some people are just more sensitive to resolution and framerate than others. I can't tell framerate unless a game drops below 20fps typically myself. Stutters are easy of course, but as long as it's consistent? And as long as the resolution doesn't prevent me from understanding what's going on, it makes no difference to me.

link3710

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic