Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 33,201 to 33,220 of 69,962

FaeKnight

Unless it doesn't due to people having been burned by Mighty Number 9. Which was decent, but not a particularly good game. And was clearly not fully play tested with "player who doesn't intimately know the controls and mechanics" in mind.

FaeKnight

Switch Friend Code: SW-6813-5901-0801 | Twitter:

NEStalgia

@FaeKnight Depends on the shipping costs. Amazon loses money on every package delivered with Prime. Now they're cracking and stripping back shipping costs. How long until they start charging for all shipping again? Or force you to go to some brick and mortar to pick up your packages any time but the most inconvenient times? Shipping is expensive and slow and they trained the public to expect free and fast. Now they're backing down. That actually does open the window for B&M walmart. But walmart also competes online. "Retail is cyclical" and a stupid Amazon will push too much, too hard at some point. I wonder if 100% of retail can really be sustained being delivered daily to every single address in the world?

@Darthnocturnal I'm envious of TRU there actually. Technically BB's GCU was a stupid plan by an often struggling company. 20% off the top of one of their biggest departments was great for consumers but never seemed smart for them. Amazon only copied. But Amazon's problem is the optics of them raising prices and then dropping tons of perks and services they'd trained people to enjoy for years.

@IceClimbers decent advertising for DBFZ....almost none for MM11. Plus super popular fighter based on top shelf anime license is sure to beat 2D platformer from 35 year old series.

NEStalgia

Grumblevolcano

@Tsurii Tomorrow and it may not be midnight given the Mega Man collections didn't launch at midnight.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Haruki_NLI

I just bought Megaman digitally...despite my friend shipping me the amiibo edition from America (Because screw us in the EU amirite?)… which means Capcom just got two purchases out of me.

If Capcom didn't own Mega Man they'd see none of my cash.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

NEStalgia

@DarthNocturnal Ahh an Amazon CS rep. Always somewhere in India, with a tenuous grasp of English speaking only in copy pasted responses. I'm sure they get at least $.20 an hour or so....

It's not a short stick, it's just the stick of truth.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Is it weird that I'm hyped for MegaMan 11 and I'm not even a Mega Man fan? Seriously, I've never played one of them. Never appealed to me in the 80's and 90's for some reason. I bought MM1 on WiiU and it turned me off on the first level....not an ideal starting point in 2018.

NEStalgia

Haruki_NLI

So I just checked Amazon and there ARE physical releases for Mega Man 11 in Europe, but only on PS4 and Xbox One.

When the hell did this happen?

link3710

@NEStalgia I mean, that makes sense. This will hopefully be the first Megaman game with post-8 bit graphics that makes a good starting point for newbies. Megaman 7 was... not the best place to start. You're only other option would have been Megaman Powered Up (a remake of the original) on the PSP I think?

link3710

NEStalgia

@Knuckles-Fajita I mean, if it actually was a sensible launch in all territories on all platforms, would it really have that authentic Capcom feel?

NEStalgia

Haruki_NLI

@link3710 Mega Man 8, Mega Man and Bass, and any of the other series in the franchise.

Grumblevolcano

Imagine having X7 be your first Mega Man game.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ralizah

@NEStalgia Mega Man 1 sucks. It's way too hard, has a weird, pointless scoring system, and the music is some of the worst in the series. Get thee to an NES and play Mega Man 2.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

EvilLucario

I wouldn't say Mega Man 1 sucks, it's just "first-game syndrome" where all the rest of the sequels are just better. Just like Mario 1 and Sonic 1 and Crash 1.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Haruki_NLI

I wouldntt start on 2 as the game is horribly balanced and also has the "Dont miss a shot or youre screwed" boss.

About as beginner friendly as it gets until the end.

toiletduck

@Knuckles-Fajita I'd definitely need save states for that last part of MM2 now... I really don't want to miss that last shot, then have to get myself killed and get the weapon bar filled again with blue canisters... Hated those moments!

Edited on by toiletduck

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

link3710

@Knuckles-Fajita Yeah, I was just referring to the core series. I'm... actually unfamiliar with 8, Megaman & Bass' sole western release I've never been able to beat due to the glitches locking me out from continuing on all 3 of my attempts through the game, so I wouldn't count that one.

But yes, any other subseries is more accessible than the original games. ZX in particular is a nice place to start.

link3710

NEStalgia

To a large degree it goes back to "NES games haven't aged well at all"....most of them were designed with arcade "gotcha'" mechanics that made sense back then but today are just annoying and poorly designed. If you didn't play Mega Man in its own time it's doubtful you'll start to love the NES games now.

NEStalgia

EvilLucario

@NEStalgia I'm lukewarm on Mega Man classic/X itself (I'm more of a Zero/Star Force fan myself), but poorly designed isn't really what I'd describe Mega Man 2 and 3. 11's demo was good too, and I didn't use the double gear system much. If you take your time and make sure you read everything's movements, everything goes down like a stack of dominoes. It's the same philosophy with literally every other hard game out there from Dark Souls to Castlevania, where once you read everyone's little bit of animations and tells, they all fall apart like a stack of dominoes.

There are duds in Mega Man, no doubt. But as a whole it's more fair than bullcrap. I just don't really like classic/X because I find the games mostly boring and uneventful with a few exceptions. Then again, I'm not really a fan of 2D shooter platformers. I err more on games with melee combat like Castlevania, Mega Man Zero (playing as Zero in Mega Man X isn't that fun), Shovel Knight, and Hollow Knight, so I bet there's some degree of bias.

Edited on by EvilLucario

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

EvilLucario

@subpopz The later half of X I've never played so I can't say. But if I were to play Mega Man, I'd just play Mega Man Zero or Star Force first. Despite Star Force being really average if you look at it "objectively" with a campy story and simplistic gameplay, it's still something I grew up with as a kid and it was a ton of fun for what it is: a simplistic RPG that does enough differently to be pretty dang fun.

The Zero series may be tough as balls, but I jive more with that series than classic/X.

That reminds me, I really want to try ZX and ZX Advent. Perhaps those would be great games too if they built themselves on Zero.

Edited on by EvilLucario

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic