Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 33,181 to 33,200 of 69,962

bluemage1989

@SuperWeird I don't think a few guys who love Nintendo taking a moment to discuss life is really the end of the world. Unless of course NL has an old fart Switch owners thread where stuff like this can mentioned without causing undue offence to passers by.

bluemage1989

JaxonH

This forum deviates all the time, and it always comes back around. Conversation leads where it leads. Don't try to fight it, just roll with it. If it doesn't come back around after a while, then something needs to be said.

Marble It Up just released. From the devs of Marble Blast Ultra (a cult classic that has fans literally going out to buy a Switch just to play Marble It Up, according to comments I've seen on reddit), and who actually worked on Marble Madness on NES.

Time to try it out.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Eel

Are you KIDDING me?

Is the residentevil.net integration with Resident Evil Revelations SERIOUSLY locked behind the online subscription?!

That's not even multiplayer!

Ugh.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NEStalgia

Online features. Same for getting hints in dark souls.

NEStalgia

IceClimbers

Yeah this particular thread goes off topic all the time lol. Always comes back around though.

Grabbed that 256GB card in the Amazon sale the other day. Doubled my space. Should hopefully last me a while lol.

Also bought Dragon Ball FighterZ. Solid, solid port. Really fun to play though I suck at it lol

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

NEStalgia

Anyone know if twewy supports coop in the main campaign across two consoles wirelessly? The game page says wireless 2p but everything i read suggests split joycon only. I'm still not sure if I'm cool with the control schemes though.

NEStalgia

Qwertyninty

Can anyone say how the controls are for fighterz with just one joycon?

Qwertyninty

JaxonH

Split joycon is needed to imitate touch controls with the pointer. Otherwise you can use touch in handheld mode.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

NEStalgia

Ohhhh sneaky sneaky sneaky Amazon..... I've started getting emails about switch games i preordered before the discount ended that the item is no longer available so they're cancelling the order...... But don't worry you can place your order again (for 20% more money) if it's available!

I have about had it with the most consumer unfriendly store. Surely Sears and kmart are better than them at this point. Bezos needs to make an appointment with the front of a freight train.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Ralizah

Sears and Kmart are both practically dead at this point.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Spoony_Tech

No Kmart around here anymore. Use to have plenty. Meijer and Wal-Mart run the show now.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Eel

I miss Kmart. We used to visit Kmart every year on our holiday trip to Arizona. The last time we went, the shop was basically empty, they were selling the shelves and everything.

It was sad.

About Amazon, I've been very lucky so far with them. No bad experiences with preorders. And I hope it stays that way.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Grumblevolcano

@NEStalgia Can't say I'm surprised, Amazon's going to keep getting worse until a new competitor arrives. It's the same reason the XB1 successor needs to beat the PS5, 2 generations of Sony in the lead will be dangerous to gaming.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FaeKnight

Eh, locally K-Mart went out of business a few years ago. Sears closed it's doors a 2 or 3 decades ago as well. Target's still around, but it's mainly a clothing and (crappy) grocery store these days. The other departments are rather underwhelming, often taking up only one or two shelf units.

FaeKnight

Switch Friend Code: SW-6813-5901-0801 | Twitter:

TuVictus

I'm really hoping some retailer is seeing the massive gap in physical game discount programs now that Gamer's Club, Amazon, and Gamestop have all dropped their discount stuff. Like how AMC and others rose up when moviepass just kept getting worse and worse.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

NEStalgia

@DarthNocturnal Sears continues in a necrotic state here.

But Amazon cancelling preorders made with a discount after they kill the discount, that's got to be close to class action suit ready at that point. Along with dropping weekend delivery. In the same year they drive prime prices through the roof. They've officially cornered enough of the market they don't even need to pretend to be customer friendly anymore, you exist to serve them, not the other way around, now. I'm hoping this will backfire mightily. Other stores have to be able to smell the blood in the water.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@subpopz

@Grumblevolcano Unfortunately I don't know that I see a competitor arriving. Amazon has vertically integrated the entire supply chain, which is illegal, but the government let them do it, meanwhile Amazon hosts the government's own data.......probably with government funding to expand to do it. They own the means to compete with them. The only real competitor is Walmart, so even though they're even more loathsome, I'm hoping they start curb stomping amazon. I may start buying everything on walmart.com now. I haven't bought there in a decade.

@subpopz Yeah, same problem. They designed this whole area that you have one area that's all business and industrial with some resedential. Then vast anti-business swaths that are nothing but sprawling luxury homes for miles and miles. Then on the other side of that, a shopping district that's 5 huge shopping centers, all separated by like 3 miles, with 10 minutes travel between each, and while the whole district used to be 20 minutes away, with the fact that they've built thousands of homes in the past decade yet not a single new road, and centralized all shopping in one place and all business in another place, everything is clogged, and what took 20 minutes now takes 40-60 minutes each way, plus 10 minutes between each store you want to go to, plus all the time actually wandering the stadium sized stores, so a shopping trip to brick and mortar is now a 4 hour task minimum. If it can't be bought online it simply can't be bought, now. [insert string of expletives here]

But I was happy with Amazon....loyal customer, great service. Suddenly in the past 8 months it's going rapidly downhill. Right about when they raised prices on prime. Walmart was massively advertising 2 day shipping. Now that it can't be worse than amazon's, why not?

@MisterPi I really can't believe every store dropped physical discounts while digital is growing by leaps and bounds. They clearly don't really want the business I guess. Maybe not high enough margin to fight for.

NEStalgia

FaeKnight

MisterPi wrote:

I'm really hoping some retailer is seeing the massive gap in physical game discount programs now that Gamer's Club, Amazon, and Gamestop have all dropped their discount stuff. Like how AMC and others rose up when moviepass just kept getting worse and worse.

Sadly that's unlikely. Brick & Mortar stores are in the process of dying out (especially specialty stores like video games). It's funny in a slightly morbid way. National chains like Wal-Mart, K-Mart, and Target drove small locally owned department stores out of business and have nearly killed small locally owned businesses across the nation. And now Brick & Mortar department stores are starting to lose business to online shopping more and more. How long will it be until even Wal-Mart has to close it's last physical store and becomes an online only vender?

FaeKnight

Switch Friend Code: SW-6813-5901-0801 | Twitter:

IceClimbers

This should make @JaxonH happy: Dragon Ball FighterZ is up to #8 on the US eShop charts, with VC4 at #20. FIFA 19 is at #25 too.

Surprisingly though, Mega Man 11 isn't in the top 30 at all. I suspect it'll shoot up into the top 5 over the next couple days though.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic