Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 33,021 to 33,040 of 69,991

Grumblevolcano

Microsoft are following Nintendo with the Fortnite console bundle idea.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NEStalgia

@JaxonH Once again Nintendo does things in a normal way, and Nintendo's fumbling PR makes them look like they're behind, while everyone publicly defines them through that lens.

Someday. Someday I have this imagined hope that Nintendo will learn that endless silence on all things doesn't actually help them.

@MilkBone I hear ya. I was really considering it, but I'm doing it by size. Dark Souls at 4GB can be digital. VC4 at 12 can't be. I upgraded my almost maxed (with no digital retail games beyond Kart, Pokken, Arms, and Splatoon!) to a 256 recently....but it'll fill fast. I would have bought a 400GB but the slow ones are still expensive and the fast ones are as expensive as the console, so that's a no go. Maybe I'll go more digital and start swapping SD cards like game cards. One for "normal use" and one for "a dozen or so retail games on one card." But for now, I think it's still going to have to be physical for anything over 6GB or so (other than Smash, special exception for NIntendo online focused games.)

@Yosheel To be fair, omitting information is usually the corporate methodology of sidestepping direct backlash for negative implications. 90% of the time if a company doesn't specify something it's because it's the worst possible scenario and they'd like to avoid drawing attention to it by blatantly ignoring it.

Only Nintendo does things the right way and goes out of their way to make it look like they didn't

NEStalgia

link3710

@Cobalt Complaining didn't do a thing. They didn't just whirl around on their policy, it was said from the start that it would be stored for some time after the lapse, we just didn't know how much. You're way overestimating the power of random message board users. Nintendo just sucks at communicating basic facts.

link3710

gcunit

Ralizah wrote:

I'm heartened by this news, and will likely sub now.

@Ralizah - space going on my family group, £5 per head. Jus' sayin'

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Ralizah

@gcunit I'm American, so I doubt I could join your group, unfortunately.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

JaxonH

South Park Stick of Truth also released today!

As did Arena of Valor!

And obviously, the aforementioned Valkyria Chronicles 4.

3 great games on one day. I don't think anyone even mentioned the other 2 at all.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

gcunit

@Ralizah One of your compatriots joined my group earlier today.

Ralizah

@gcunit That's about $7 in my currency. I'm interested. I guess I'll email you.

Edited on by Ralizah

gcunit

@Ralizah I write you a lovely explanatory reply, but it got lost when I submitted it. But now you've emailed me anyway, so I've sent you an invite to that address. Accept it by clicking the link and logging in to your Nintendo Account when it redirects you. I'll send you a Paypal link to pay the £5 in a separate email now.

IceClimbers

@JaxonH To be fair, Stick of Truth was "announced" in their financial reports and then wasn't given a more proper announcement and release date until like a week ago or so. Can't really talk about it much if you don't know it's there lol

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

JaxonH

@IceClimbers
Oh I know. It was a very low-key release. No physical version, no hype. No preload. Just stealth dropped today, to point I didn't even realize it was out until I went on the eShop.

But, it's a great game, and by Obsidian Entertainment, iirc? One of the absolute best game devs out there. Obsidian are the same devs making Pillars of Eternity 2, which is coming to Switch soon. And Fallout New Vegas, Tyranny, Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II, and Neverwinter Nights 2.

Some serious pedigree behind the South Park Stick of Truth devs.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

Stick of Truth is awesome. There's a really solid RPG under the wonderful South Park trappings.

@gcunit Great! I sent "5.00 GBP" to your account. That covers me, correct?

Edited on by Ralizah

gcunit

@Ralizah Yup, all sorted, thanks for the swift transaction. Enjoy.

I'd like Stick of Truth on Switch, but I have Steam and PS3 versions already, so will wait for a sale.

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH That's a point, I wonder why it wasn't in the Direct as a reminder. Even Just Dance 2019 got in the Direct.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

JaxonH wrote:

People were looking to crucify them on their witch hunts rather than give enough time to allow for all the information to release and offer a fair assessment.

To be fair, they had more than a year to do so, and they still managed to release it with information missing

Octane

JaxonH

@Octane
Without question. They are absolutely atrocious at communicating and managing a message. Sometimes I wonder if they didn't just pass the job off to their Kyoto HQ janitor to cut costs.

Ralizah

Untitled

Steins;Gate Elite is coming to NA in February. That cute "8bit" game is exclusive to the Switch version, but sigh the Vita spinoff that was never localized is exclusive to the PS4 version. The PS4 extra is undoubtedly superior, considering it was a pretty lengthy retail release in Japan.

Anyone who hasn't experienced this story in some form shouldn't sleep on it. Fantastic time travel sci-fi, and I'm not a huge fan of time travel sci-fi.

Edited on by Ralizah

OorWullie

Push Square's hands on impressions of Sonic Racing aren't exactly glowing.

"It all just feels by-the-numbers and bland – it strikes us as a game that’s ticking boxes, rather than one with real imagination behind it."

"sloppy handling and a potentially frustrating team mechanic to add insult to injury"

It's not looking good. Surprised to read it has sloppy handling though considering it's being developed by Sumo Digital. Seems to be a low cost budget effort by Sega that once again drags Sonic's name through the muck. Their comments last year about realising their mistakes and focusing on fewer releases of a higher quality were obviously empty words. Since those comments were made we've had a bad 3D Sonic and now a seemingly bad racing game, despite previous entries in the series being very good.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

IceClimbers

@Ralizah I've already said this, but I'm gonna say it again: early 2019 is looking much better than early 2018 was. NSMBU Deluxe, Travis Strikes Again, Onimusha Warlords and Tales of Vesperia in January. Steins;Gate Elite and Trials Rising in February. Saint's Row the Third in March. Ace Attorney Trilogy somewhere in there and probably Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon too. Yoshi's Crafted World is probably a March title too.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic