Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 33,001 to 33,020 of 69,980

JaxonH

Valkyria Chronicles 1 is only going to be $19.99, and if you buy VC4, you get 25% off.

I championed Valkyria Chronicles 1 for years as one of the best SRPGs of the 7th gen. Was ecstatic when it got remastered for PS4 and PC. Never thought the day would come we'd get a completely new entry, because sales hadnt been great despite being a cult classic.

So many people would talk about this game Valkyria Chronicles most hadn't played, and how good it was. Sounded like it was gaining enough word of mouth traction to be extremely successful if the series continued.

And here we are. Not only did we get a new entry, we got it on Switch, and we're getting the original itself on Switch too.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Haruki_NLI

I don't get paid until mid October so...can't buy these games at launch.

Plus since I work nights, I wake up and have no time to play games, then sleep in the day. I get maybe half an hour in on my phone at breaks.

But that's just the thing. This rampant game buying mood isn't for everyone, since everyone has their own needs to put first.

But the good news is hopefully these companies have reasonable expectations.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

sr_388

@JaxonH I loved the first one and have been excited for 4 since it was announced. I’d be playing right now if my GameStop’s shipments werent delayed. It’s getting hard to keep up with all these games coming out, but this is one I knew I’d get day one.

Also, since they aren’t busy complaining about Switch Online, PushSquare already reviewed VC4 and gave it a 9/10. According to the review, it’s the return to form fans have been waiting for.

sr_388

link3710

@JaxonH Wait really? Does that apply to the US too, or is that a European deal? I haven't seen anything about it.

link3710

link3710

@DarthNocturnal Thanks, that sucks though. I'm definitely getting it physically then, with Best Buy rewards it's cheaper than that discount would be + gold coins.

link3710

SpaceMonkey86

link3710 wrote:

Well personally, I'm waiting for VC1 before getting VC4. Besides which, with Prime preorder discounts not being a thing, why preorder games from Amazon anymore?

Wait, what!?! When did that happen?

SpaceMonkey86

Grumblevolcano

@MilkBone A month ago, a direct result of Best Buy stopping the GCU.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NEStalgia

@gcunit I see VC4 for as a "remake" in a way. Arguably the worse story and characters, but VC1 was an experiment and a new game design. It was fantastic but it had massive flaws in areas (Zerg...err...Scout rush!!) and then by the second half of the game the game was basically Alicia Nukem against BS unfair circumstances. VC4 can really refine that original formula and even it out, basically being the game VC1 couldn't be as the first. I mean, it's a sequel. Same gameplay, new places, characters, maps, scenarios, strategies.

Mostly it's not popular because SRPGs aren't especially popular in the west. That's not likely to change.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Yeah physical discounts ending is mostly moving me to buy digital everything. No real advantage anymore. Except Switch where storage space for digital is still a problem. 12GB almost for VC4...that's too big to waste space on a game that's more of a deep dive than a play session kind of game....physical for this one (already had it preordered with discount.)

NEStalgia

JaxonH

So...

Nintendo just confirmed to IGN they store your cloud saves 6 months after your sub lapses, same as Sony.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Cobalt

@JaxonH

And this is sad that people need to complain all over the world to achieve what it should be from the start.
Now the bad buzz around the Online service is already in place... Ahhh Nintendoooo...

I'd be in shock if in some days/weeks, Nintendo will announce SNES/N64/NGC games for the service because it'll show how unprepared Ninty was...then :/

Edited on by Cobalt

Cobalt

Eel

The funny part is that while they did say you would lose your cloud saves after ending your subscription, they never really said it would immediate.

People just assumed that

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

SpaceMonkey86

NEStalgia wrote:

Yeah physical discounts ending is mostly moving me to buy digital everything. No real advantage anymore. Except Switch where storage space for digital is still a problem. 12GB almost for VC4

I’m already 100% digital on PS4 because you can get a 2TB HDD for $100 (at least when I got it a couple years ago). But those microSDXC cards are still so expensive. Otherwise I would be all digital on Switch as well.

SpaceMonkey86

1UP_MARIO

@Yosheel people assumed but Nintendo could’ve explained better or get the message out to the gaming world clearer

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Ralizah

@Yosheel This is what happens when Nintendo doesn't communicate clearly in the first place. We should have known how long cloud saves were maintained after a sub expires before the service ever went live.

With that said, I'm heartened by this news, and will likely sub now.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Eel

Well yes they totally miscomunicated it. But it's still amusing how "no specifics given" immediately equated to "the worst possible scenario must be true!" in the collective mind of the internet.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

JaxonH

People were looking to crucify them on their witch hunts rather than give enough time to allow for all the information to release and offer a fair assessment.

We learned now that not only do they store your saves 6 months, but that Dead Cells has cloud saves, NBA 2K has cloud saves, and it's looking like even Dark Souls might have cloud saves, and we gained the ability to access our games and saves on any console, and deactivate our accounts online.

Not to say there wasn't legitimate points to take issue with. There definitely were. Phone app, lack of robust communications via party chat/messaging, and still a couple select games that need data stored server side (since they're correct in omitting them from the cloud backups, they're just wrong for not working out a viable alternative solution). These issues definitely deserve an outcry, for our sakes.

But this info coming out just shows how overly zealous people were, although Nintendo should have been managing their message better.

EvilLucario

Goes to show how crazy some people are in their never-ending crusade against Nintendo.

That said the blame lies with both Nintendo and over-zealous complainers.

Edited on by EvilLucario

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

-Green-

It’s super common for people to assume the absolute worst, despite many things being actually better than they otherwise believe.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic