Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 32,481 to 32,500 of 69,962

Anti-Matter

I had registered at least 50 Nintendo Switch games on my shopping list.
50 Nintendo Switch games ! (English & a few Japanese releases so far )
That was crazy, i mean during this year and next year, my money will be drained for upcoming Switch games i want to buy.
Nintendo is sucking my wallet with their Awesome games.
And at the same time, i added a lot of Japanese 3DS games on my shopping list as my new collection to boost my 3DS library collection.
I feel like Nintendo will be Always my Best Buddy to entertain me with their games. There is always at least 1 or 2 games from Nintendo stole my heart. (Except N64, i have no interest with N64 library games for some reason)

Anti-Matter

gcunit

Anti-Matter wrote:

sucking my wallet

This is presumably an Indonesian euphemism...

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Octane

@OorWullie I dunno. I feel like EA has trained us that games need to sell a billion copies to be profitable. https://i.imgur.com/7hfd9oo.jpg Whereas in reality most games should be profitable at 1, 2 or 3 million. Wolfenstein II sold around 1.5 million of PS4, with digital that's over 2 million. Add in another million on Xbox and maybe the same on PC. Even if you assume 3 million in total, $20 per $60 game goes straight to Bethesda, that's $60 million. And that ratio is even higher for digital games. $60 million is more than enough to make any decently sized AAA game. The Witcher had $35 million budget, or something like that, and around the same was spent on marketing. Horizon Zero Dawn was $40 million iirc. I'm sure there's more to it, but I'm also positive most games don't need to sell 10 million copies to break even. That's why I don't buy the nonsense that MTX are an ''unfortunate reality'', and are ''necessary in every game'', according to 2K games. They're only saying it because they want it to become a reality, on top of their season passes, DLC, loot boxes, pre-order bonuses; gold, ultimate, platinum and complete editions.

Octane

FragRed

@Octane The fact Activision made over $3 billion in micro transactions in a single year says everything. No way can anyone ever say it’s a necessary for games to have due to higher development costs etc, because that kinda revenue could produce a hundred games. But they don’t. It’s coffers for shareholders and bonuses for the company directors.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Ralizah

Almost back from my trip, but I'm currently back in range of American cell towers. I like how Nintendo waited until I left to drop a ton of first party bombs.

I just repurchased FF7 on PS4, but you'd better believe I'm getting the Switch version as well. And I'm SO glad I decided against picking up Zodiac Age on PS4.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

JaxonH

I held off on buying Final Fantasy X and XII on STEAM for GPD Win 2, because they took up so much space and I figured it would just be easier to emulate them (already owned X/X-2 on PS4/Vita and XII on PS4)

And I'm glad I held off too (actually I may have bought X/X-2 before that, I'm not sure). I went on a final fantasy shopping spree on PC for a while there. But Switch is where I wanted them most. My first Final Fantasy game was FFX on Vita, and let me tell you- experiencing that game on a handheld is incredible.

FFX, FFXII and FFXV Pocket were practically made for Switch. Heck, they all were. Chocobo's Dungeon is a genre typically associated with handhelds, and Crystal Chronicles will have local co-op which Switch excels at (so maybe it's not a perfect fit for a generic handheld, but it is for Switch). World of Final Fantasy and its Pokémon style approach was great on Vita and will be even better on Switch. And of course the classics will look much better on a smaller screen.

So ya. I'm still high off those announcements. It's one of those things where I talk about and say I wish this would happen one day because it just makes so much sense, but I never actually thought they would do it. Deep down I always thought nope, they'll never sever these games from Sony. They will gladly bring them to a failing Vita but not a successful Switch. And I'm so glad I was wrong. Not only are they bringing the games Vita got, but over 2x as many FF games the Vita got

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Haruki_NLI

I just want a physical release of 7 to bring everything with that game full circle.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Therad

Quill18 appearantly hade a live stream of cities skylines on twitch yesterday. So if you are curious, here you have a player that knows the ins and outs of cities skyline.

Therad

JaxonH

@subpopz
I was hoping for physical myself. I need X/X-2, XII and World of FF physical.

I know Crystal Chronicles is digital, and 7 and 9 will be as well. And XV Pocket is digital, although I'd really appreciate a physical release for that one as well, even though I don't think it'll happen.

But X/X-2 and XII are a must. So now we just need to find out if X/X-2 is getting a retail release. I think it will but you never know.

FaeKnight

I'm still grinning ear to ear at the fact that Final Fantasy has finally come back home to a Nintendo console. And not just weird spin off games, but the core games in the series. Here's hoping FF8's licensing issues get solved and it's ported to Switch too. I will happily buy it a third time. I bought it on PC originally cause I'd lost my PS1 copy years ago. Hell, even with my complaints about ff12 I'll probably still buy it a second time too.

FaeKnight

Switch Friend Code: SW-6813-5901-0801 | Twitter:

FaeKnight

@subpopz Apparently there is a problem with the licensing for one of the music tracks used in the game, possibly one of the major songs that are used throughout the entire game. Until that gets straitened out of they line up a different song to use, the game being ported to a new system isn't going to happen.

FaeKnight

Eel

You know, that's true!

In the first Teathrythm game, 8's ending theme was this pretty song with vocals, but when they released the second game they replaced with it a completely different (and worse) song. I was very disappointed.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

OorWullie

I wonder what order they'll release the Final Fantasy titles in? I'd guess the main series titles will release in chronological order every couple of months or so with the spin offs somewhere in between.

Is FFVII the remake that was announced for PS4 or just an HD remaster?

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

FragRed

@OorWullie Just the HD remaster, if you can call it that. The remake hasn't got any real release date (as far as I am aware) and probably won't be for a long way away yet.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

EvilLucario

@OorWullie HD remaster. Speaking of, it's already on PS4 and it's also coming to Xbox One apparently.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Kimyonaakuma

Has anyone else had any issues with the eShop recently? I've tried to buy a couple of games recently but it always says that my card is invalid even though it's worked before with no issues.
I've deleted my details and added them again, tried PayPal and a different card but there was no improvement.

Strangely enough I can login with my My Nintendo account and just buy them off the Nintendo UK website with the same bank details....but it's annoying when I could just buy them on the console!

Does anyone else have this problem? I'm hoping it will go away because emailing customer service is never fun...

Kimyonaakuma

FaeKnight

I haven't @Kimyonaakuma

But then again I don't buy games directly using my credit card on the eshop. I typically go to the store and pick up an eshop funds card, input that, and buy the game.

FaeKnight

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic