Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 32,441 to 32,460 of 69,995

Ryu_Niiyama

@JaxonH I am on my phone but

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YLSrGiiy95U

I distinctly remember screaming about this. If the link is wrong somehow sorry!

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JaxonH

@Ryu_Niiyama
Wow, ok. I never saw that trailer before. I saw one that didn't show anything except an empty room.

Well ok then, I guess that changes things.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

OorWullie

I'm sure it's already been pointed out but the complete list of NES games at launch and release schedule until the end of the year are available. Apparently there will be 3 new titles released each month.

Apparently there will be 3 new NES titles released every month. The complete line up until the end of the year is on the Nintendo site.

https://www.nintendo.com/switch/online-service/nes/

As for that Direct, I thought it was superb. Capcom Beat'em Up Collection was the highlight for me. I've actually said I would love that to happen before, I even got the title of it spot on. But there was so many other highlights.

Yoshi looks better than ever, just beautiful. It looks to have more variety too with the various ways you can manipulate the scenery. I thought YWW didn't make the most of its theme and it was mostly just for show.

I've never played a Final Fantasy before but I've always wanted to. I'm going to be spoiled for choice now but I think I'll start with 7,depending on when it comes out. I may try XV Pocket Edition though if it reviews well.

The Mario Tennis update is very welcome. I've started playing it again this last week after a break. I've logged 45 hours on it so far. Love playing Simple mode tournament, endless fun.

Luigi's Mansion 3 was a real surprise, I've never played 1 or 2.I was sure it was going to be a remaster like the 3DS is getting which I would have been happy with. A brand new entry though is even better.

Katamari looks right up my street, day one!

I never got into Animal Crossing Wild Wood but I'm definitley going to give the series another chance.

Just a brilliant Direct all round and one of Nintendo's best.

Next year is where the Switch really comes into its own after a slightly lacklustre 2018.

Off the top of my head, I'll be buying

Daemon X Machina
Bayonetta 3
Yoshi's Crafted World
Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Luigi's Mansion 3
Animal Crossing
Pokémon (maybe)
Metroid Prime IV (hopefully 2019)

3rd party
Darius Cozmic Collection
Doom Eternal
Saints Row 3rd
Final Fantasy VII

I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting. What a year it's going to be!

Just to add to my overly long post. Those NES controllers kind of confirm that leak from a couple of weeks ago that showed NES & SNES controllers. So I'd say it's just a matter of time until SNES games arrive. They can only keep these NES releases going for so long without scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

MsJubilee

@JaxonH I'm not insulting people. I just said it's insane to buy this mobile port over the original or the Royal edition,which has more content than this.Basically it's more bang for your buck. That's it.

"It makes them a gamer who wants to play a fun game." I guess they never heard of the vanilla version of this "fun game" that's been on sale multiple times. The royal edition was on sale for 20 dollars a few weeks back.

"maybe they want to play it beyond the confines of a television," So they're desperate? They're that desperate to play this on the go (which i'm not saying it's a bad thing lmao) that they'll be fine buying a mobile game? Also "not everyone has the original". No. Switch owners don't have the original. So you know where that leads? Desperation. It always claws back in. Like a mistress to an unfaithful husband.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

BigBadJohn

I hated that direct. Animal Crossing.... 2019! Are you kidding me? I don’t want it in 2019... I want it now! In fact I want it yesterday so I could have downloaded it and got through the bus/ taxi ride opening and be playing the game rather than writing this. Come on Nintendo, what’re you playing at?

SW-5512-0541-9236

Name the movie quote "Toolshed!"

JaxonH

@MsJubilee
You sound really salty and upset about this.

Yes it's more content and bang for your buck on a pound for pound basis comparison, if you were going to play them on the exact same console and had the choice between both of them.

That is not the case here.

Again, you keep talking about "oh they should buy the other version", but the other version isn't on switch and the other version can't be played at work on their desk and the other version can't be brought into any room in the house and the other version can't be taken to any friends house and the other version can't be played in their lap.

Are you so dense you can't understand that?

I think you do understand it but the fact you want to call somebody desperate because they want to play a game on the go? So if you buy a game to play on the TV are you desperate to play it on the television? Or is it just a logical choice you make because that's what you want.

This is a logical choice people make because that's what they want.

It's not desperation- people aren't going to sell their belongings to go by this game. They aren't going to prostitute their children on the streets to buy this game. Desperation has nothing to do with anything.

But again, you know that as well as I do. Your comment is completely irrational, and it simply boils down to insulting others for what they want or buy. Just because you can't rationalize why somebody would possibly want to spend $18 on a version of Final Fantasy 15 that they can play anywhere in the world doesn't mean you get to call them desperate or idiots and morons are any other name of the book you feel you can throw out there to make others feel lesser than.

I am done with people insulting others for the crap they play. You can take that childish nonsense back to the kindergarten playground, because that's about the only place I would expect to hear insults over video game preference like that and not actually hold someone responsible. No, even then it wouldn't be OK. It's definitely not OK here.

Respect others and the games they want to play, and I am not messing around with this anymore. I'm going to start reporting people who want to insult others for what they want to play. I'm done with people belittling others for video games they choose to play on this site. Nobody should have to tolerate that here. This is supposed to be a safe place where you can talk about video games without fear of being insulted or marginalized or called names for what you preferred to play and what you see value in. We are literally on the Nintendo Switch forum- the one place people should understand the value of playing a game on the Nintendo Switch. You don't have to understand, but it needs to be respected. Even if you were on pushsquare it would not be OK to say these things. The game released on PS4 where everyone can buy the other game and yet I guarantee you tens of thousands of people will buy this version of the game. I don't see why somebody would do that when there's no advantage I can see but I'm not going to call them names if somebody wants to. More power to them, whatever they enjoy. I've heard some people say they like the condensed nature and they like not having to run around and open world. And who am I to tell them they are desperate or idiots or anything else? In my opinion there's little real reason do not choose the original game on any other platform but when you're talking about this game on switch there's lots of reasons. The same lots of reasons that apply to any other game.

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

1UP_MARIO

Was a great direct. Have games coming in 2018 and 2019 looks incredible

I’m still finishing up on my Wii u games too

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Grumblevolcano

I'm leaning towards Wonderful 101, TMS#FE, XCX and 3D World for unannounced 2019 Wii U ports.

So something like:
January: NSMBU Deluxe, Travis Strikes Again
February: Wonderful 101
March: Yoshi's Crafted World, Labo Toy-Con 04
April: XCX
May: Fire Emblem Three Houses
June: Daemon X Machina
July: TMS#FE
August: Town, Pikmin 4, Labo Toy-Con 05
September: Super Mario 3D World, Animal Crossing
October: Luigi's Mansion 3
November: Pokemon Gen 8
December: Mario Golf

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

-Green-

I could see them saving Pikmin 4 for 2020.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

TuVictus

I'm hoping for an eventual xenoblade x port, or xenoblade 1 remaster. It'd be cool to have them all on a single console

TuVictus

NEStalgia

@MsJubilee I have FFXV base (physical) on PS4 I never opened. I have Royal Edition on X1X where it's a good deal prettier than on PS4. Both platforms are getting the weird mobile version. Switch gets only the weird mobile version. But for $18 I might get the Switch version too. That's not desperate. That's pathetic. Know your adjectives!

Seriously though keep in mind the "Portable version" isn't quite a "worse" version of Royal. It's a different game entirely that uses the same narrative and locations. Royal is more or less an action game with some turn based elements and an RPG progression tree. If I were to compare gameplay to anything it would probably be ReCore meets Monster Hunter, with a little RPG thrown in. Pocket is an ARPG more in the style of Diablo or Fantasy Life. It's really two different games that use the same story. Thus why they're selling it on the platforms that have Royal as well.

The weird one is the mini-World of FF. The original game was designed for Vita & PS3. PS4 just adds DQ11 level graphics. I'm not really sure why they can't just put full WoFF on Switch since it was designed for a weaker handheld to begin with?

NEStalgia

JaxonH

@NEStalgia
Pretty sure it is the full World of Final Fantasy, and not only that but an expanded and enhanced version.

Its being sold as an upgrade to existing owners on otjer platforms

EvilLucario

Funny how the Switch is the definitive way to play over PS4 in terms of content :^]

Not like it matters though, Torna is fantastic!

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

IceClimbers

@Grumblevolcano No way Mario Golf hits until 2020. I think having Luigi's Mansion, Pokemon, and Animal Crossing take up the last 3 months of the year is the most likely scenario. Also I think Wind Waker HD is pretty much guaranteed to hit in the first half of the year. I think a Xenoblade X port will be 2nd half of the year, if not early 2020.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

EvilLucario

God, just give me the Xenoblade X ports ffs

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

skywake

At this point I feel like they've gone down their list of system sellers, they've done all the easy Wii U ports. Time for some games well and truly out of left field. Luigi's Mansion 3? That's a nice start. What about something like Mario Strikers or Kid Icarus? Or something entirely different.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

NEStalgia

@JaxonH Hmm interesting. If so, they weren't very clear in the presentation (and little to no information exists online even on the S-E site...argh!) That would be super cool if so though! (Argh, and I JUST started getting into it on PS4, too. Gorgeous graphics there (presumably DQXI engine), but this game really wants to be portable.)

NEStalgia

JaxonH

@NEStalgia
Oh it's incredible portable. I got it back on Vita, one of the last great games to release on the handheld.

Switch was MADE for this game. Heck, Switch is the dream console for all these games.

FFXV feels more like a traditional Final Fantasy without the super bland open world with air ships dropping soldiers every 15 feet. More story focused, like how it would have been had they adhered to the traditional formula more.

World of FF is Pokemon like, and is an obvious fit.

And Ive been saying X and XII needed to come to Switch since launch. Can't believe its happening though. No more GPD Win 2 needed!

Crystal Chronicles is MP focused and perfect for local co-op. Chocobos Dungeon obviously a great fit for portables. All games of the genre are.

And it's about time we get classic FFVII on Switch. Cloud in Smash was not in vein

IceClimbers

Speaking of Luigi's Mansion 3, did they confirm the developer yet? Wonder if it's Next Level working on it.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic