Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 32,421 to 32,440 of 69,995

-Green-

^Forgot that one. True.

Maybe Bayo 3 and/or Prime 4 if we offer enough appropriate sacrifices.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Ryu_Niiyama

Pretty sure SMT will be next year as well. I'm thinking august...

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

EvilLucario

@-Green- Game Freak's new game Town.

2019 is looking mighty fine. This will be like the Wii U's 2014, except on an actual successful console and with way more games.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

JaxonH

Final Fantasy extravaganza is next year also. Probably Dragon Quest Builders 2 and Dragon Quest XI as well.

Fire Emblem Three Houses, Pokémon 2019, Yoshi's Crafted World, No More Heroes, New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe, Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing, Daemon X Machina, and possibly Bayonetta 3 and/or Metroid Prime 4.

2019 is gonna be a blitzkreig.

@Ryu_Niiyama
SMTV is gonna be a ways away. All they had was a piece of art to show when they announced it. I'm thinking the year after next.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

FaeKnight

EvilLucario wrote:

@-Green- Game Freak's new game Town.

2019 is looking mighty fine. This will be like the Wii U's 2014, except on an actual successful console and with way more games.

What happened with Wii U in 2014? Did they turn into pumpkin shaped carriages?

FaeKnight

Switch Friend Code: SW-6813-5901-0801 | Twitter:

-Green-

2019 looks really nice. They're basically setting up for the next 1 or 2 years with their announcements.

veeflames

Yep, 2019 is looking pretty stellar now. Very interested in Daemon X Machima, Luigi's Mansion, and Pokémon 2019, and Animal Crossing is pretty much a day one buy.

Town looks... okayish? I'll have to see more of it before making a purchase, but so far it looks a bit uninteresting.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

JaxonH

Ok, can we get to the more relevant info now.

Final Fantasy XV Pocket HD is available on Nintendo Switch RIGHT NOW.

I know there's been a lot of complaints about it not being the original game for console, as well as having a somewhat questionable art style BUT, it's still Final Fantasy XV. It's still FFXV on the Switch. TV, handheld, tabletop, interchangeably on demand. And to be honest, I really like how the combat looks without the wonky camera of the original release.

When you compare it to a game like World of Final Fantasy Maxima (which releases in 2 months), it looks pretty dang good. It seems to be about on that same level.

As soon as it downloads I'm taking a break from MHGU to dive in.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

link3710

@toiletduck Pikmin fans are tearing the direct to shreds, but everyone else seems pretty happy.

link3710

-Green-

Don't let that Mod hear you Yosheel >.>

Edited on by -Green-

SuperWeird

It's criminal that Nintendo neglected to mention Dragonball FighterZ in their direct; it's available for pre-order now on the eshop.

I think I'm gonna go for the bundle for $95. That's super expensive but seems like the best deal. Definitely looking forward to this fighting game.

SuperWeird

JaxonH

This game looks WAY better than I was expecting. It reminds me of the original release which I played quite a bit of. It's all here. The intro is the same and there's the gas station I spent so much time refueling at, oh, there's Cindy.

This is actually Final Fantasy XV, one of the biggest games to hit in the last decade. It's condensed and shrunk down but, it's all here!

Combat at 12:30 looks better than the original game! The isometric view just works. That wonky camera killed the original release, so much

Edited on by JaxonH

FaeKnight

Eh, it might be good for those without the normal release of the game. But I think I'd prefer the original rather then the mobile version.

FaeKnight

Switch Friend Code: SW-6813-5901-0801 | Twitter:

JaxonH

I have the normal release, but I stopped playing it at chapter 9.

And this is incredible for me even though I have the original release. It's on switch where I can play it anywhere. Can't do that with the original release. This game has a really great story and really fun combat, so the fact I can actually play Final Fantasy 15 at work now is amazing

And to be honest the art style looks a lot better now that I'm playing the game then it did just from a few screenshots and trailers. Like I have the full game right now on my shelf and I'd rather be playing this on my switch

All that said, if someone doesn't actually have the original release then this is a must have purchase, without question. I really enjoyed World of Final Fantasy, but even this pocket version feels higher quality and a much better Final Fantasy than that game (And I most definitely do recommend World of Final Fantasy)

Edited on by JaxonH

IceClimbers

That Direct was awesome! Animal Crossing and Luigi's Mansion 3!

Finally, mainline Final Fantasy returns to Nintendo. Final Fantasy left Nintendo consoles with VII when they refused to switch from cartridges. Now it returns (with VII included!) on the console where they switched back to cartridges. How poetic.

2019 is looking awesome!!!

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

MsJubilee

After the sale is over it's 30 bones for that FF15 Mobile port. People must be desperate or insane to buy that over the original or better yet the royal edition.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Ryu_Niiyama

@JaxonH what about the trailer? I’m still saying aug or sept next year. Either way 2019 is looking packed.

Why is the pocket edition looking more appealing to me than the base XV?

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JaxonH

Screenshot on my Switch

Untitledfree image hosts

@MsJubilee
Insulting people for what they buy is childish and offensive. More speaking for yourself and less taking jabs at others for what they do, like or prefer.

For one, the sale isn't over. It's $18 and still FFXV. For two, not everyone has the original. That doesn't make them "desperate" or "insane". It makes them a gamer who wants to play a fun game. For three, even if someone does have the original, maybe they want to play it beyond the confines of a television, something the "royal edition" royally doesn't offer.

@Ryu_Niiyama
What trailer? Are we talking about the same game? Shin Megami Tensei V? It was basically artwork of a room and then all the characters.

IceClimbers

So a preliminary guesstimate at the "big" game lineup for 2019:

January - NSMBU Deluxe, Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes
February -
March - Yoshi's Crafted World
April -
May - Fire Emblem Three Houses
June -
July - Town
August - Daemon X Machina
September -
October - Luigi's Mansion 3
November - Pokemon Gen 8
December - Animal Crossing

I see a couple spots for more Wii U ports between the empty months and doubling up with Town. Maybe W101 in Feb, TMS in April, and Wind Waker HD in June? Fully expecting those three to hit before the end of next summer at least.

Toss in a Metroid Prime Trilogy HD, a Pikmin 4, and whatever Retro is working on and 2019 is rounded out VERY well imo.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic