Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 32,381 to 32,400 of 69,963

link3710

@NEStalgia Beats me, I'm only retelling what I've seen elsewhere. It's always worth a laugh, and I love to read technical explanations of how people get this information. I mean, when it comes down to it, some people have fun with taking apart websites and such, myself included.

link3710

Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FaeKnight

Well that's interesting. Apparently after the update on the 18th you'll no longer be able to unlink your Nintendo ID account from your switch.

FaeKnight

Switch Friend Code: SW-6813-5901-0801 | Twitter:

shadow-wolf

@FaeKnight Yeah that is interesting. In addition, update 6.0.0 will be coming out on the 18th.

shadow-wolf

redd214

@FaeKnight wait so you're saying that your unique nintendo ID would be forever tied to a single switch? Sorry if I'm misunderstanding

redd214

Megal0maniac

So no more region switching? That's what I always get as a warning, that my NNiD will be unlinked.

Megal0maniac

link3710

@redd214 As far as I understand it, the NNID will be merged with the User Profile it's associated with, so you would need to transfer the profile to a new Switch, and the NNID will come with it. But... I'm not entirely sure of the details on what it takes to transfer a profile.

link3710

redd214

@link3710 thank you. I just read the email and it's still a bit vague but guess we will hopefully get some clarity tomorrow.

redd214

Grumblevolcano

To me it looks like essentially removing the ability to get the 7 day free trial infinitely. With the current setup you could probably unlink your NNID and then relink to get the free trial after you've already used it.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Eel

I’d assume the trial would be linked to nnid instead of the switch profile.

They probably just want the accounts to remain consistent.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

FaeKnight

It sounds like if you want to continue buying games from other regions, you'll need to create multiple Switch profiles and link the other region's account to the new profile. Reading the message again, it appears that your Nintendo ID will be forever linked to your Switch profile you assign it to. Not a big deal for me since I'm the only one with a profile on my Switch. But this does mean if I end up getting a 2nd switch for local non-split screen multiplayer in the future (and certain Super Mario Party minigames) I'll need to create a new Nintendo ID for that Switch's profile. Or stick to only using it offline and only using physical copies of games with it.

FaeKnight

Therad

And that also means everyone with more than one profile would need a family plan, correct?

Therad

FaeKnight

Probably @Therad, if they intend to use every profile in online multiplayer (or to get the members only discounts with said profiles).

FaeKnight

Aozz101x

Diablo III comes out on November 2, 2018

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

redd214

Nintendo just said hell, im telling mom!!!! lol

redd214

NEStalgia

@FaeKnight

@Therad I think that's still vague. If the console belonging to the account holder is primary it may apply to the whole console (like other platforms.)

@FaeKnight You already needed a new NNID for a second console, or no NNID at all, but it can't be the same one as primary.

NEStalgia

FaeKnight

So, I decided to shop for a game since I'd decided I'll get a 3 month NSO subscription initially, then renew for a year in January. Thus I had eshop credit to spare. And after browsing the Arcade Archive collection I eventually decided on Gate of Doom. Fun game, not very long but fun. I kind of think it'd be fun if you could set a preset number of "coins" available. You know, so that you can't just power through with infinite continues and you can experience the original feel for the game. Not that I'd played Gate of Doom in arcades. By the time I was old enough to go to the arcade regularly games like X-Men, Golden Axe, and Aliens vs Predator were what ate up my money. Well, those and occasionally Samurai Showdown or Street Fighter 2.

Anyway, after I finished playing I noticed there was a new News item on the Switch's news feed. So I go to check it out, and find out that Gate of Doom had just been added today? Huh, didn't think I was buying a game that just hit the console.

FaeKnight

Azooooz

I'm genuinely excited for today's direct, as they will finally reveal more info about the subscription.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

IceClimbers

So Diablo 3 is one of the Switch headlines in today's Direct. The news article about the game being available for preload includes the clip from the Direct lol

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

TuVictus

That was an extremely impressive direct on my end. They reaaaaaallly surprised me

TuVictus

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic