Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 32,361 to 32,380 of 69,981

FaeKnight

Of course the rumor of the Direct being on the 13th could have just been someone pulling a date out of their rear. We don't know, do we?

FaeKnight

Switch Friend Code: SW-6813-5901-0801 | Twitter:

Octane

They realised the Pikmin 4 trailer wasn't ready yet, so they won't do another Direct until they've got proper footage of that game.

Octane

redd214

@FaeKnight the 13th date was mainly based on the Splatoon 2 data mine if I remember correctly.

redd214

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed Doubt it because of this:

Not just the Direct was delayed but the instore viewing too so if it's not announced today, I don't think the Direct will be this week.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TuVictus

if not this week then I'd prefer if they just wait till the next scheduled direct, assuming most of their announcements end up being redundant.

TuVictus

FaeKnight

redd214 wrote:

@FaeKnight the 13th date was mainly based on the Splatoon 2 data mine if I remember correctly.

Okay, I'm confused. How is someone looking through the coding for Splatoon 2 suppose to have given a date for the Direct?

FaeKnight

TuVictus

@FaeKnight it's based on the assumption that the update is meant to be a post-direct surprise, since it was originally set to launch last thursday.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

FaeKnight

Or it could be that the update was delayed due to damage to the hardware caused by the earthquake. Assuming that A=B so C must be true is a recipe for disappointment.

FaeKnight

redd214

@FaeKnight relax, it's just a rumor lol, not that big of deal. We will find out soon enough

redd214

FaeKnight

Oh I'm very relaxed. In fact, I've got a stack of pancakes, sausage, and scrambled eggs in front of me now. And once my groceries get delivered (sometime between 9am and 10am) and are put away, I'll be so relaxed you can hear me snoring.

I just think it's silly people are taking a rumor as 100% true, when the rumor is based on idle speculation. Then again, people have latched onto the idea that the Direct will reveal every bit of information people want about Nintendo Online Service despite the fact there's no evidence to support that belief.

FaeKnight

1UP_MARIO

The old amiibo are back in stock @ Nintendo.co.uk

Edited on by 1UP_MARIO

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

TuVictus

@FaeKnight lmao i get your whole grain of salt approach, but it was a pretty obvious correlation. I really doubt the earthquake affected Nintendo in any practical way other than maybe some of their relatives were affected by it and understandably wanted to focus more on that.

TuVictus

FragRed

A date for the Nintendo Online Service!

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Grumblevolcano

NoA shows 18th September so that suggests the paid online is going to go live Tuesday evening/Wednesday morning dependent on region.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

@FaeKnight For reference, in addition to Splatoon 2, there were 2 NDA's that were confirmed to have been extended a week (though we don't know for what precisely other than they were Switch related), and several other small things delayed from the 6th to the 13th. Nothing was proof of course, but with all this post-direct stuff getting moved to the same date, it's a bit more than idle speculation.

Plus, now we have confirmation that NSO stuff is in it, and Smash Blog datamining shows the skipped several items (3, when the blog only updates 1 to 2 per day outside of reveals) and there was a missed blog day, so there's a good reason why people think Smash will have at least a small presence. There's a difference between blindly following rumors and using critical reasoning to deduce likely outcomes.

link3710

FaeKnight

redd214 wrote:

@FaeKnight looks like there will be info on the online during the direct

And that surprises me greatly. Although it is nice to finally have a launch date. And I will be watching the Direct. Maybe not the second it hits, but tomorrow.

FaeKnight

NEStalgia

@link3710 "Plus, now we have confirmation that NSO stuff is in it, and Smash Blog datamining shows the skipped several items (3, when the blog only updates 1 to 2 per day outside of reveals) and there was a missed blog day, so there's a good reason why people think Smash will have at least a small presence. There's a difference between blindly following rumors and using critical reasoning to deduce likely outcomes."

Seriously how much spare time to these people have to analyze missed posts on a blog about a video game and compare it to the posting pattern? With that much spare time what do they actually do with their lives? And why are they not filling it with more video games?!

NEStalgia

EvilLucario

Honestly I don't expect anything more for the online service. Not like it matters since I'm going to split the cost with a friend of mine because family plan, so whatever.

Guess I'll be playing Mario 3 for the bajillionth time when it comes out though.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic