Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 32,341 to 32,360 of 69,964

FaeKnight

For all we know they had to refilm things or people are injured. For goodness sake people, be patient. Japan got hit by a major Earthquake right on the heels of another natural disaster. It's okay for us to wait a bit for the latest news brief from Nintendo while they get things sorted out.

FaeKnight

Switch Friend Code: SW-6813-5901-0801 | Twitter:

EvilLucario

Listen, Nintendo already took enough of my money this year. I don't need them to take any more.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

Honestly we know the Direct is either very soon or the paid online is delayed. Either one is fine as Torna's going to take up a lot of my time starting Friday.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FaeKnight

Why do people keep assuming that Nintendo Online will be featured in the Direct? Or that it'll be delayed if the Direct doesn't get released before the internal launch date?

EDIT: Based on the content of past Directs, the delayed one will be talking about games Specifically games they are trying to hype up. Thus my guess that we'll get a Super Mario Party direct. Nintendo doesn't need to generate hype for their paid online service, and they likely know it. They don't need to generate hype because anyone who wants to continue doing online multiplayer will have to subscribe.

But games? That they need to generate and maintain interest in.

Edited on by FaeKnight

FaeKnight

Octane

@Grumblevolcano Maybe you need the sub to watch the Direct

Also could you perhaps explain to me how the Torna thingy works? Is it DLC? Part of the season pass? I've seen a physical edition for it, so is it standalone? But you get the season pass if you buy the physical edition? I've looked at that graph for ages, but I'm still none the wiser.

Octane

FaeKnight

DarthNocturnal wrote:

FaeKnight wrote:

Why do people keep assuming that Nintendo Online will be featured in the Direct? Or that it'll be delayed if the Direct doesn't get released before the internal launch date?

Because Nintendo couldn't possibly be stupid enough to leave users in the dark until the day it launches.

....right?

How is it stupid when the following things are true:

1.Generating and hype for upcoming games and maintaining interest in those games helps sell said games
2. Nintendo Online Service doesn't need to be hyped up because anyone who wants to continue doing online multiplayer will be forced to pay for it.

With those two things in mind, which would be stupid... Not trying to promote the service people will be need to subscribe to anyway for most online content in their games, or not promoting upcoming game releases?

FaeKnight

darkfenrir

@Octane It's:

1. Part of the Season Pass. So you can buy it as Season Pass and get other things while at it.
2. But you can buy the digital version of it without having the main game.
3. It also has physical version, and it will give you season pass code, so if you buys the main game, you'll be able to get the season pass content on it (since the season pass isn't only this prequel story and has items + quests)

It's pretty much part of Season Pass as well as its own thing, while the physical lets you get season pass as well.

darkfenrir

Grumblevolcano

@Octane Remember New Super Luigi U? Torna is kind of like that.

If you own Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and buy the Expansion Pass, you get Torna on September 14th. If you want a physical version of Torna with an actual cartridge, you can buy the physical version on September 21st but the physical version also comes with a code for the Expansion Pass so if you have the base game or want it you can experience the extra content (like Challenge Battle mode) for no extra price.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Haruki_NLI

First Capcom said Megaman 11 and the amiibo wont be getting released outside of digital in the EU.

Now MM11 is getting a Collectors Edition here but only on Xbox and PS4.

Capcom never ceases to make my head hurt

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

darkfenrir

@Octane Nope. Can ignore it if you feel like you'll enjoy the expansion more.

darkfenrir

Octane

@darkfenrir Alright cheers. I think I get it now. It's indeed a bit like New Super Luigi U.

Octane

EvilLucario

You know, the March Direct talked a little bit about My Nintendo rewards. It's not out of the question for Nintendo to talk about the online service, even if only for a brief moment.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

FaeKnight

At this point, at most the Direct might mention "Oh, and the Online Service goes live on X day", but that might be wishful thinking. I don't think it's gonna be mentioned. And people expecting this Direct to have all the as yet unrevealed information are likely to be disappointed.

FaeKnight

Grumblevolcano

Hollow Knight is coming to PS4 and XB1 on September 25th.

Grumblevolcano

EvilLucario

Hey, more people get to play it now. Hollow Knight is fantastic, combining some of the best parts from Zelda II and Dark Souls 1. It's less a Metroidvania and more those two games combined into one.

I found the combat easier than Dark Souls, although it is much easier to get lost in Hollow Knight than Dark Souls 1, even though Dark Souls has no map.

rallydefault

@FaeKnight
Hello, sir or madam. I would like to introduce you to my friend. His name is Hyperbole.

rallydefault

Grumblevolcano

If the Direct date is tomorrow we'll find out in less than 2 hours.

Grumblevolcano

FaeKnight

Or we could find out in 4 hours, 6 hours, 24 hours, or even (gasp) 144 hours.

FaeKnight

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano If Nintendo doesn't announce anything then I wouldn't be totally surprised if they just drop it tomorrow morning without warning like at the start of the year.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic