Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 32,181 to 32,200 of 69,991

Grumblevolcano

@Cobalt Correct me if I'm wrong but I think all the games listed have online multiplayer which features some kind of RNG aspect that can be repeated with a different outcome if you could revert back to an earlier save.

The ones I know are like this are:

• Splatoon 2 (Gear abilities are RNG)
  • Pokemon (Catched Pokemon stats and level ups are RNG)
  • FIFA 19 (Ultimate Team is RNG)

So if this is the case, I don't think Fire Emblem Three Houses will have cloud backup.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

-Green-

Can’t wait to lose a thousand hours in Splat

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

JaxonH

This is one case where I think backlash is justified. I can understand one game here and there not supporting cloud saves, but you cant go skipping half the biggest titles. That's super lame. SUPER lame.

Backlash away people. In fact I might join you on this one

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Haruki_NLI

Yeah this seems to be to prevent save scumming

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

veeflames

Well, that's disappointing. So we're basically paying for something that doesn't cover all that it should. That just feels like we're giving money away for no reason.

I'm probably still going to get an NSO subscription since I play a lot of online multiplayer games (Mario Tennis Aces, Splatoon 2, and Smash Bros. Ultimate, when that one comes out), but with this news... I might just wait and see what's really going on with this service. I'm not exactly sure why we're paying for cloud saves if some games don't even support them.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

shadow-wolf

Yeah this is absolutely ridiculous. So not only does Nintendo fail to save Splatoon data like level and rank online like virtually any other online game for the last decade, but they don't even let us use their PAID service to back up our profile so that we don't lose all progress because Nintendo is incompetent enough to not implement the profiles to be saved online.

@JaxonH I was fine with Switch Online and even looking forward to it, but this is so ridiculous that now even I'm upset. Not only does Nintendo fail to save Splatoon data like level and rank online like virtually any other online game for the last decade, but they don't even let us use their PAID service to back up our profile so that we don't lose all progress because Nintendo is incompetent enough to not implement the profiles to be saved online. This company sometimes can be so infuriating ...

shadow-wolf

Octane

@link3710 @DarthNocturnal Can you even re-roll stuff offline? You can't even buy gear offline in Splatoon. It's as if all the shop doors are wi-fi controlled and they won't open if there's no internet. That's going to be reality in 20 years from now.

Knuckles-Fajita wrote:

Yeah this seems to be to prevent save scumming

How do cloud saves work for other online games? I'm certain they have found a way to circumvent that issue. At least, I would assume.

Octane

Haruki_NLI

@Octane It's probably the same reason you can't (Regardless of what you do) have more than one file per Pokemon game on 3DS. Paranoia.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

SuperLuigi111

Regarding the rumors of a 4K Switch that supports Twitch, do you guys think this is true? I'm wondering if I should wait longer to get a Switch, I was originally going to get one next month.

SuperLuigi111

link3710

@SuperLuigi111 It's fake. I haven't heard the rumors myself, but even XBOX and PS4 Pro can't handle actual 4K. No mobile chipset is even close to that point right now.

link3710

Octane

@DarthNocturnal I know there's a lot you cannot do offline.

I grabbed my Switch to check it, but the battery was too low... And it's late, so unless someone else does it for me, I'll see if it's possible tomorrow.

Octane

Cobalt

Just two questions to ask. ^^

Would you like to get again a WiiU port before the end of the year? Like The Wonderful 101 on Switch ?
Would you like Bayonetta wearing a black and pink suit in Bayonetta 3 ?

Cobalt

EvilLucario

If they're afraid of save scumming in Splatoon or Pokemon (which are legit, Pokemon really likes barring people from scumming with their "one save per profile" deal), then they could simply make it so if you delete your save file locally, you'll also delete your file in the cloud. That would work I'm pretty sure.

Although what's funny is that Xenoblade 2 supports cloud saves (thank ****ing god). So NOW you can save scum for Rare Blades if you have the DLC and are doing completely fresh playthrough! WoohoooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooO! :^]

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

link3710

@Cobalt Well, we know that there's going to be green in it, which I feel wouldn't mesh well with pink? It'll probably just be black and green. But that aside, black and pink could definitely work for her, but it depends on what shade of pink they pick. Something either on the lighter end or darker end, with a tinge more blue or yellow than you'd usually expect from pink could definitely work, like rose pink. Definitely nothing like a neon pink though.

Wonderful 101 would be a great Wii U port, I could always use more Platinum in my life. I'd take TMS#FE or XCX too since I haven't played either of those.

link3710

-Green-

Hacking is already gonna be done in Pokémon regardless of whether they limit it to no cloud saves.

Game freak is partially to blame anyways for some of the hacking with their RNG, grind infested and unintuitive systems for breeding Pokémon.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Therad

Not having all the data on a server in an online shooter is beyond stupid. I thought it already was like that simply because that is logical.

But if you think about it, it becomes logical. Splatoon is peer to peer, i.e your switch will sometimes be the game server. It must somehow get all the info about stuff like gear somewhere. If they don't have a centralized place, like a server, the info will be sent directly from your switch.

And the big problem with that is it would be super simple to spoof gear and weapons. I wouldn't be surprised if Splatoon has a problem with cheaters.

Therad

Octane

@Therad It does have a problem with cheaters. I don't know how they do it, but I've seen people with unlimited ink and increased fire rate for example.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

@EvilLucario The key difference is cheating the core crystal system in XC2 doesn't affect anyone but you meanwhile cheating RNG systems in online games ruins the online games because you're playing with other people (this is why I think Fire Emblem Three Houses won't have cloud saves, the past few FE games have had online multiplayer and character level ups are completely RNG).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic