Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 32,161 to 32,180 of 69,963

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed If the 1st party announcements aren't enough, the Direct would've got backlash if it wasn't delayed anyway. Stuff like Civilization VI are cool extras to the Direct.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

toiletduck

What if these recent announcements weren't even supposed to be part of the Direct?

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Eel

Heh I do think all of these game annoucements and demos and stuff were meant for the direct.

Too bad, it's kinda like spoiling the direct.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

GrailUK

@Yosheel It's hard to tell. Some companies announce things the day after a direct to ride the hype and the forums think "why wasn't it in the direct." We must be a bunch of contrarians! I guess we will find out if they reschedule the Direct. Otherwise...we may never care um I mean know...wait...both.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Eel

Eh. Chances are they’ll want to record a new direct or risk treating now old news as breaking new announcements.

So we may never know.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Grumblevolcano

@Yosheel Depends on how the recent announcements would've been announced in the Direct, like I could see Civilization VI having just been a few seconds of the Direct in a 3rd party "coming soon" highlight reel of which that wouldn't have had to be changed.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NEStalgia

It's really a shame that Nintendo had a great opportunity to come out strong and correct some of their botching of E3, and the earthquake ruined it for them hours before they were set to go.

Tricky tightrope, they delayed it due to Japan being in no condition for entertainment advertising, but that put Western partners in a tricky spot that were depending on getting announcments out yesterday and getting out of embargo on their own marketing. These announcements, assuming more happen over the coming days between the rescheduled direct probably soften the need for the Direct to actually air at all. At least for the West.

NEStalgia

Grumblevolcano

Here comes the online negativity, it appears that Splatoon 2 doesn't support cloud saving.

Grumblevolcano

NEStalgia

@Grumblevolcano That's actually pretty bad if true. Splatoon was one of the presumed purposes of blocking local backups and mandating cloud-only. And half of Splatoon's problems would be solved if they would store the online profiles online like every other major online game in existance to begin with.

Losing your gear, rank, etc because your Switch died and not having it on another switch is, honestly a serious black mark on the game. Meanwhile Diablo III will store your profile in battle.net as Diablo has since 1996........

NEStalgia

TuVictus

I mean...negativity is kinda appropriate to that kind of news.

TuVictus

1UP_MARIO

I don’t believe that. It’s a massive game on the switch. It’ll definetely have it

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Grumblevolcano

@MisterPi Yeah but even more negatives are the last thing the online service needs. At this point the best news for the paid online service would be a delay to 2019.

EDIT: Apparently Let's Go doesn't support cloud saves either.

EDIT 2: It's definite, not a rumour for both games.

See Splatoon 2 for example:

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/splatoon-2-switch

Grumblevolcano

TuVictus

@Grumblevolcano Ah, yeah definitely. Nintendo was already on thin ice as it was, but this clearly isn't gonna help.

TuVictus

gcunit

FragRed wrote:

I feel having a Direct after all these announcements have been made is going to really disappoint people and that will lead to a large backlash.

I mean... wtf?

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

redd214

3rd party games not supporting it would be at least a bit understandable. 1st party games especially one as big as Splatoon 2 would be damn near criminal. As someone who lost 100s of hours of save data already this is very disappointing if true.

redd214

link3710

@DarthNocturnal Probably because you could save scum rerolls if they allowed it. Which... better solution... don't allow rerolling gear offline?

link3710

Grumblevolcano

I'm thinking cloud saves are going to work like Xbox 360 given the games not eligible. That you have your local save and you can move/copy it into the cloud (similarly you can move/copy your cloud save to the internal memory). Doing stuff with the local save on 360 doesn't affect the cloud save and vice versa.

Grumblevolcano

link3710

@DarthNocturnal Why not? Couldn't I just go in while I'm offline and click "Delete save data" from the menu?

link3710

Aozz101x

I was hoping Splatoon 2 would support it.

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Cobalt

Nintendo Switch Online membership (sold separately) and Nintendo Account required for online play. This game does not support Save Data Cloud backup. Not available in all countries. Internet access required for online features"

• Splatoon 2 (Nintendo)
  • Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu (Nintendo/Pokémon Company)
  • Pokémon Let's Go Evoli (Nintendo/Pokémon Company)
  • NBA 2K19 (2K Sports)
  • FIFA 19 (EA)
  • Dead Cells (Motion-Twin)
  • Dark Souls: Remastered (Bandai-Namco)

others with huge probability :

Pokémon Quest
Fortnite
Paladin

I don't get it but it's like that... o_O

Cobalt

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic