Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 32,141 to 32,160 of 69,995

Grumblevolcano

@Aozz101x This suggests Yoshi was going to be in the Direct which seems realistic. Yoshi will probably be next year's Kirby Star Allies.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

Ya, Yoshi's Wooly World was fantastic.

Kirby Star Allies was pretty fun, but kinda meh. Solid game, but not great. Didn't like the friend mechanic, just wanted single player.

Yoshi will be a much better spring platformer.

They're saying September 13 now for the Direct, btw. At least, dataminers are.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

Well I was meaning about Yoshi being next year's Kirby Star Allies in the sense of being an early Spring platformer.

I see something like this happening for the first half of 2019 regarding Nintendo system exclusives:
January - Travis Strikes Again
February - Wii U port, Daemon X Machina
March - Yoshi, Labo Toy-Con 04
April - Wii U port
May - Fire Emblem Three Houses
June - Unannounced new game (maybe Pikmin 4?), Wii U port

Of course you'll have 3rd party multiplatform games and indie games in addition to these.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NEStalgia

@JaxonH How could dataminers find something that Nintendo only decided this morning? I call foul! (But it could be accurate anyway just because it's logical.)

NEStalgia

FragRed

@JaxonH @NEStalgia What are the dataminers mining to find this information? It's not like it's something they can find on the Switch or anything? Can it?

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

DarkRula

Well, a delay of the Splatoon 2 content that was meant to hit tomorrow means that content has to come after the Direct so it still remains a surprise until announced. As such, date of the Splatoon update equals a near estimate of the Direct date.

Edited on by DarkRula

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Aozz101x

Megaman 11 demo now out on Switch.

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@Aozz101x That would've likely been a Direct announcement.

Grumblevolcano

Ryu_Niiyama

Not sure if I care about Ff15 pocket edition heading to switch. Couldnt they have made a new Crystal chronicles or port the 13 trilogy instead?

... I shall be optimistic...I shall be optimistic.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

darkfenrir

If the FF15 Pocket Edition has the open world instead of the each chapter split going on like the mobile edition...

Then I think I'll want to get it. I actually enjoyed the little I played on phone, and the full game on Steam o.o)

darkfenrir

EvilLucario

Yeah I already have FFXV on PC (was on sale for like 60% last week), which is probably still going to be better than the Pocket Edition. So I'm going to pass tbh.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

link3710

I can cross two items off my direct predictions list now, we know Yoshi's in it and FF XV Pocket Edition (or at least that probably was supposed to be part of it.). Only other ones that might pop up before the direct would be the Ubi port or Spyro rumors. Meant to mention the Megaman 11 demo too, but that was obvious considering dataminers. Nothing that would've surprised me seems to have come out of this at least.

EDIT: And a Ubi port (not a good one) just got leaked, so cross that one off too.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

Azooooz

Nice, just realized that this thread became sticky.

Anyway, with MM11 demo's out, it's a proof that Capcom's confident about the game.

Also, Nintendo showing its human side by delaying its direct in respect of the victims who died by an earthquake is one of the big reasons why I like to support Nintendo. Me personally, wouldn't have watched it because I was fatigued from my summer trip, so I can consider myself lucky, no any disrespect to the fallen people.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Aozz101x

Civilization VI is coming to Nintendo Switch on Nov 16, 2018.
https://civilization.com/news/entries/civilization-vi-nintend...

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

FragRed

I’m starting to think there won’t be a need for a Direct before long with the number of announcements that are starting to come out.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Grumblevolcano

From these announcements, I can tell the Direct was going to be strong on the 3rd party front.

@FragRed There's still the 1st party side of things even if all the 3rd party announcements were announced before the new Direct date.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

TuVictus

Wow, Civ 6 is a pretty major game. That's the kind of game I was dying for on the Wii U, but now it'll be on the Switch? This is amazing news. I'm so sorry for the earthquake and those affected by it, as well as Nintendo missing the opportunity to surprise us with these pretty major surprises.

TuVictus

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano True but I feel having a Direct after all these announcements have been made is going to really disappoint people and that will lead to a large backlash. I question whether it would be worth it. They could easily just make the first party announcements via social media now.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic