Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 31,721 to 31,740 of 69,964

EvilLucario

Man, the Switch in 2018 is just a fantastic year if you love RPGs like I do.

Xenoblade 2 kicked it off ending of last year (and still hasn't been dethroned yet imo, and there's DLC coming next month!!!), then it just snowballed into Ys VIII and Octopath. Shining Resonance Refrain too. Then announcements of Tales of Vesperia and Grandia I and II??? Dude, I'm in RPG heaven right about now.

Edited on by EvilLucario

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

JaxonH

@EvilLucario
And Valkyria Chronicles 4 and The World Ends With You- let us not forget those!

#rpgheaven

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

rallydefault

Yea, Grandia announcement is sweet. This really is shaping up nicely.

rallydefault

Mountain_Man

GrailUK wrote:

Heard good things about Hat in Time, although I never could see the hitch with a port other than the developers prowess with the Switch.

I suspect that a lot of game developers are, in fact, poor software engineers and rely on raw horsepower to solve the problem for them. id seems to be one of the very few developers who takes optimization seriously and has the skill to do it well.

Edited on by Mountain_Man

The Mountain Man

darkfenrir

@EvilLucario Yeah I totally love RPGs and Switch just delivers massively!

Although I end up having to skip over that Little Dragon's Cafe because I joined a fandom

(Can't cut any other RPG in my list though)

darkfenrir

Spoony_Tech

While I love my rpgs this is overload even for me. I'm going to have to pick and choose which I want because I just dont have that kind of time. Half way through Octopath at nearly 60 hours.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

EvilLucario

@JaxonH @darkfenrir Dark Souls 1 also counts I guess. Not quite a JRPG, but still.

I got it on PC a week ago and I've been having a blast playing it for the first time. Such a good game.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

darkfenrir

Ah, Dark Souls 1... skipping that for sure, I already have hard time for Hollow Knight, don't think I can play that.

darkfenrir

Haruki_NLI

When I go, I go hard.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Ralizah

@darkfenrir Honestly, Hollow Knight has everything I like about Dark Souls while also excluding almost everything I hate about Souls games, so I don't really feel the need to get it either.

@EvilLucario 2 much JRPG 4 me.

I snubbed Octopath and Shining Resonance in favor of Ys VIII, and I'll be snubbing Xenoblade 2's DLC and whatever launches around that time in favor of Valkyria Chronicles 4. After that, I'll be getting Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition when that launches, which I expect to last me well into next year.

Between those, Okami HD, and the backlogged games I own on other systems, I'm good for a while. I probably won't be able to resist Mega Man 11 or Smash, but I'm going to try to.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

darkfenrir

@Ralizah Yeah, I really like Hollow Knight but I wish there's some sort of option to make it just slightly easier for me...

I understand they want to put certain difficulty at certain levels but sometimes it's just so hard ;-;

darkfenrir

jtmnm

I think the Grandia news finally settled. Will be one of the best releases (if the the best release) for me this year . . . or maybe of this generation. The original Grandia might be my favorite game of all time. To learn it's getting a remaster on what I consider to be the best console ever made is a match made in Heaven.

After years of asking, it's finally happening, and I'm in disbelief. It's like going to see long lost friends again after decades of being apart. Justin, Feena—you've been dearly missed. Welcome back!

Untitled

jtmnm

Switch Friend Code: SW-4706-4065-3902 | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

Saints Row The Third has been announced for Switch.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

I hear Saints Row The Third is better than the 4th entry. That's good to see these 7th gen games come to Switch. They'll look good and run great

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

We've got another EA Mass Effect 3 Wii U type situation. While Switch gets Dark Souls Remastered, PS4 and XB1 gets Dark Souls Trilogy.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Haruki_NLI

Yeah was gonna say, anyone remember the Wii U Mass Effect 3 situation?

Only this time it's worse.

"Hey, we're announcing Dark Souls Remastered in this Direct. Coming same day as everyone else!"

"Hey it's getting an amiibo, still the same day!"

"Hey it's playable at PAX, one month to go!"

"Hey it's delayed! Why? Iunno."

"It's coming Summer!"

"Sorry I mean October 19th."

"Oh and we are releasing the Trilogy elsewhere on the same day. Good luck!"

GrailUK

@Grumblevolcano Now now Mr Volcano. I think you may be over reacting. We got the 1st game in the trilogy. The other 2 already exist on the other platforms so you can't begrudge em making money. However, the developer said at the very start of all the Dark Souls rumours they would like to see all of them on Switch. We're just lttp is all. I'm sure they'll show up at some point. Nintendo are all in for 'proven classics'.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Haruki_NLI

I want to see Bandai Namco delay Remastered to February 22nd 2019 to guarantee no one buys it because jesus christ this game has had NOTHING going for it since that first delay.

People already checked out when it got delayed, but now it's just nailing the coffin shut.

redd214

@Knuckles-Fajita Do you find happiness in anything man,my goodness just stop being so crabby and miserable for an hour, itl'l do wonders for you.

redd214

EvilLucario

Well they did lose a sale from me with the Dark Souls 1 delay, since I picked it up on PC last week. Oh well.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic