Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 31,541 to 31,560 of 37,698

meleebrawler

My favourite part was when Neon Tiger clung to the tiny wall that is the side of the platform immersed in lava, while shooting Ray Splashers not even remotely aimed at X.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Knuckles-Fajita

For anyone wondering why the UK doesn't have a very high Nintendo presence, behold a tweet from a branch of our only game retailer on the high street.

Yep, Crash Bandicoot comes out this Friday on PS4 and Xbox One. Its been on one for a year and no mention of the other two platforms.

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Spanjard

I’m loving Fortnite in handheld mode. I played the game once at a friends house, didn’t think much of it. But now, playing it curled up on the bench is a game changer. Probably my new favorite game playing in handheld mode. Love it!

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

DarkRula

Well, someone at that GAME Store obviously doesn't like Nintendo. Either that or the intern got the job of social media. The comments are pretty much doing their job for them in correcting it.

Edited on by DarkRula

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

gcunit

@Spanjard I find it great for playing while watching the World Cup. I tend to bide my time when playing solo, so it's quite easy to split my attention between the TV and the Switch.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Ralizah

Got Ys VIII in the mail today. It really does have a beautiful box. Haven't actually played it yet, but I did make sure to download the Day One update.

Also went ahead and downloaded the DK DLC for Mario + Rabbids for $15. Can't wait to try that out soon!

Meanwhile, I'm 31 hours deep into Hollow Knight and still have a ton of stuff to do in it. The game really is underpriced. I think I'll probably try and finish the game soon, though, so I can move on to my other purchases. I can always come back and unlock the DLC content later.

For the first time in 2018, I feel like I have a ton of stuff to play on the system again. Haven't even gotten to the Octopath demo yet!

Ralizah

Ryu_Niiyama

Trying to decide if I should get Ys. I preordered it but the card that I use for preorders has limited funds (on purpose) and i had two books that had no release date get pushed up and take the funds for Ys. I've got the cash but I just bought the lost child...and I have a bit of a back log (still working on kirby and battle chasers night war.) Thoughts?

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul. Let the drums fill you with FIRE! Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14 I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Ralizah

@Ryu_Niiyama Normally I'd advise people to just buy the game down the line, as they'll always be there, and usually at a cheaper price, but that just hasn't been true for other versions of Ys VIII. The PS4/Vita versions are expensive and difficult to find now in the U.S. So, if you want it physically, I'd get it ASAP.

If you don't mind downloading it, though, you might as well wait.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

EvilLucario

Ys VIII's physical goodies are pretty nice. I just got it as well, just updating all my stuff and I'll be giving it a good play tonight. Can't wait!

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Ralizah

I'd heard the handheld performance is questionable and, in fairness, it supposedly gets worse in more demanding environments on the island, but so far the game looks native res. Very nice on the Switch's beautiful 720p display.

Ralizah

kobashi100

Knuckles-Fajita wrote:

For anyone wondering why the UK doesn't have a very high Nintendo presence, behold a tweet from a branch of our only game retailer on the high street.

Yep, Crash Bandicoot comes out this Friday on PS4 and Xbox One. Its been on one for a year and no mention of the other two platforms.

Crazy thing is I bet switch sales are higher then both

kobashi100

sr_388

I went to GameStop to pick up my Ys preorder and they hadn’t even ordered it. They referred me to a nearby store that had received one copy... it’s a shame but I feel like no one is going to know this game exists except the fans.

On the bright side, I’m enjoying it so far. Reminds me of the ps2 era rpgs, in a good way.

sr_388

DarkRula

The general GAME store Facebook - so I'd assume Twitter as well - got it right with the platforms.
That store-specific post was obviously made by someone who doesn't care about details.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Ralizah

Did South Park: TFBW ever get its game-breaking bugs patched?

Ralizah

subpopz

sr_388 wrote:

I went to GameStop to pick up my Ys preorder and they hadn’t even ordered it. They referred me to a nearby store that had received one copy... it’s a shame but I feel like no one is going to know this game exists except the fans.

Oddly, my Ys preorder on Amazon got delayed. Usually they ship preorders so I get it on launch day, but they informed me via email this morning there was a delay and it couldn't actually be shipped until today.
Wonder if the release was botched up in some way.

Switch - Smash Ultimate, Mario Kart 8D, NES Online (Dr. Mario only)
3DS -
PC - The Witcher 3, Nier: Automata, Mortal Kombat XL

Switch FC : SW-1091-9839-4896

EvilLucario

Put in around two hours into Ys VIII, decided to set it to Hard difficulty even though I've never played a Ys game before. Should be fun! Combat is interesting, need to play more to determine my feelings on it, but impressions are positive right now. It reminds me a lot like Bayonetta, except nowhere near as complex (yet).

@Ralizah Oh man, Ys looks really sharp on both my monitor and handheld. That's really good. But as a compromise, the level of detail in the environments is just acceptable. It certainly looks nice no matter where you play it, something Xenoblade 2 can't boast about as well (despite me loving that game so much), though Xenoblade 2 also has the benefit of being a lot more polished and detailed, at least from my early impressions.

I'm gonna keep playing though. I have a feeling this'll be one of my top Switch games by year's end.

@subpopz Strange. I ordered it with Amazon Prime and it was on-point. That's unlucky though.

Edited on by EvilLucario

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Knuckles-Fajita

Someone explain this logic to me.

A Mass Effect producer blames Nintendo and the release of BOTW for Mass Effect Andromeda not getting a fair shot.

They blame ZELDA for a game that doesn't even share a system with Zelda, not doing well.

It's never their fault is it? Maybe EA has a grudge now

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

JaxonH

That's nonsense. Horizon didn't have any problem selling copies and it came out around the same time.

@Ralizah
Ya South Park is all patched up now.

Got Y's VIII Collector Edition from the NIS Store, and its gorgeous. The box, the art book, cd... even came with a letter opener like the sword in its own separate Collector box.

Game looks beautiful. I only got to the menu so far but gosh dang it looks gorgeous on the menu 😁

NOW PLAYING
NS: Diablo 3, Monster Hunter Gen Ult, Dark Souls, World of Final Fantasy, TWEWY
3DS:
PS4/PSVR:
Vita:
X1: Red Dead Redemption 2
PC/Rift:
GPD Win 2: Fire Emblem Path of Radiance

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic