Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 31,521 to 31,540 of 32,421

Ralizah

@GameOtaku Unlikely. The console manufacturers are famously strict about offering refunds on almost anything you purchase from them digitally.

At least Switch isn't getting buried alive under half-finished open access games like Steam.

Edited on by Ralizah

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

JaxonH

Captain Toad is getting four new worlds? That's a ton of new content.

Let's hope Valkyria Chronicles1 gets localized on Switch. If anything I can play on GPD Win along with the 2nd and 3rd with English fan patch, but I'd much prefer it on Switch.

Edited on by JaxonH

NOW PLAYING
NS: Y'S VIII, Octopath Traveller, Shining Resonance Refrain, Captain Toad, Hollow Knight, Wolfenstein 2
N3DS:
PS4pro:
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:
GPD Win 2: Dragon Age Origins, Fire Emblem Path of Radiance

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

gcunit

I think this thread is overdue a name change to The GPD Win Thread

Edited on by gcunit

Use the 'ignore' button, it works.

Currently playing: Runner 3; Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood; Kirby Triple Deluxe; ICO; FIFA 18; Owlboy

Nothing is true; Everything is permitted.

Ralizah

@JaxonH Based on the article, it's four levels (which are all, of course, very short), and they come at the cost of SM3DW inspired levels.

So utterly underwhelming if you owned the game on Wii U, although it's still more new content than we got in the Tropical Freeze port.

Knuckles-Fajita

Man's a walking advertisement (Then again I'm no better half the time!).

Based on his work stories he has a knack for selling just about anything to anyone.

Let's hope he stops talking about his wild years before he starts subliminally selling illicit substances XD

and the ARMS - NL Inklings: Spring Into The Ring Tournament (July 21st)!

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Anti-Matter

@JaxonH
You bought a lot of Original games on every consoles and handhelds, but still want to play pirated games with GPD + Emulator ?
Who are you ?

My Top 5 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (10 / 10)
2. The Sims series (9 / 10)
3. Portal Knights Switch (9 / 10)
4. Animal Crossing New Leaf 3DS (9 / 10)
5. ARMS (8 / 10)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608

Octane

@Ralizah Too bad it's not DLC for the Wii U game. I want to play the new levels, but I'm not buying the game again for only four levels. I guess I'll just look them up on YouTube!

Octane

JaxonH

@Ralizah
4 little diorama worlds seems more than I was expecting. I thought it was just 1.

How many were in the game originally? Can't have been that many.

@Anti-Matter
Dude, please. Yes I use emulators, and always will. THAT DOESNT MEAN I DONT BUY MY GAMES. So please dont sit here and try to scold me for something you know nothing about. I already bought Valkyria Chronicles 2 on Vita. So guess what? I'm gonna emulate it. Even if I WANTED to buy a second time, I can't, cause they don't sell it on PC. So ya, emulation it is. And the 3rd game never came west and isn't in English without a fan patch. So ya, I'm emulating. And I dont lose an ounce of sleep because of it.

Edited on by JaxonH

NOW PLAYING
NS: Y'S VIII, Octopath Traveller, Shining Resonance Refrain, Captain Toad, Hollow Knight, Wolfenstein 2
N3DS:
PS4pro:
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

Octane

@JaxonH Around 70 to 80 levels depending on how you count. The fourth book had a bunch of weird levels, like that 50-floor dungeon, I guess that counts as a level too.

Octane

JaxonH

@Octane
That many? So basically 8 10-stage worlds (in Mario terms). Which means half a world added in. That's pretty good for a straight port, which I never expect anything extra for really, aside from DLC to be included.

NOW PLAYING
N3DS:
PS4pro:
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

MisterPi

I never beat the final final Captain Toad level. I remember there being horribly annoying zombie enemies

MisterPi

JaxonH

I never got past the 4th or 5th level! I loved what I played, but I got sidetracked with other stuff at the time.

NOW PLAYING
N3DS:
PS4pro:
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

Ralizah

Captain Toad is one of the best games on the Wii U. Tons of content, especially for the price, and the whole thing is very charming. I'm so tempted to repurchase it, as it's more well-suited to quick play sessions, and thus a perfect match for the Switch hardware.

Same with SM3DW. I'm surprised they haven't ported it yet.

Octane

@JaxonH Apparently they replace the Super Mario 3D World levels. So I assume the content is the same, but a handful of levels are different.

And yeah, the levels were quite short, but there were a lot of them. One of the better Wii U games IMO.

Octane

Knuckles-Fajita

I nearly flew by Captain Toad initially. That weird January release in 2015 didn't help as it was right around exam period.

and the ARMS - NL Inklings: Spring Into The Ring Tournament (July 21st)!

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

EvilLucario

Hmm, I had my eye on Captain Toad for a bit but I got sidetracked. I sorta liked the levels in 3D World, are the levels in Captain Toad much better?

Either way, I can't get it immediately because my wallet is absolutely empty from Ys VIII, Mario Tennis Aces, and etc. Boy...

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Therad

Anti-Matter wrote:

@JaxonH
You bought a lot of Original games on every consoles and handhelds, but still want to play pirated games with GPD + Emulator ?
Who are you ?

There has been research done on pirating that have indicated that pirates usually are big spenders, at least for music. I wouldn't be surprised if that is true for gamers as well.

And personally I don't see emulators as piracy. Emulating is basically format shifting, and that was perfectly fine before the internet.

Edited on by Therad

Therad

Ralizah

@EvilLucario Yeah. The levels get more complex, there are more mechanics involved, etc. Things don't get hugely different, but the game kept surprising me over the course of my time with it.

EvilLucario

@Ralizah Oh sweet. I'll buy it later when I have more funds.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

CroRock

Anyone having problems with eShop atm? I bought two games before hour or two but now it won’t let me in eShop.. I got connection error. Internet is not a problem because I just downloaded Fortnite update

EDIT: eShop is currently down. There are others on internet having same issues..

Edited on by CroRock

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic