Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 31,501 to 31,520 of 32,446

Knuckles-Fajita

@JaxonH Time flies when you're having fun. Never forget how slow 2015-2017 was though. That's probably why it feels recent. 2017 was a blur!

@Ryu_Niiyama Maybe? Hard to say given the way Square makes games over the course of two decades XD

@Alber-san Dragon Quest Heroes 1+2 at launch in Japan, poorly optimised. Dragon Quest X, Octopath, Builders, I Am Setsuna, Lost Sphear and maybe one or two others.

@ilikeike I have a feeling that's the case, given they are now a Switch exclusive team.

and the ARMS - NL Inklings: Spring Into The Ring Tournament (July 21st)!

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

KryptoniteKrunch

Lol Yeah, I'd probably be more concerned/surprised if it wasn't Square Enix. Keep in mind this is the same company that announced the FFVII remake at E3 2015 and it has barely began development in 2018.

[3DS Friend Code: 2793-1322-9869] Pokemon X/Y FS Type: Bug.
[NNID: KryptoniteKrunch]

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

Alber-san

@ilikeike
So that would be why DQXI is taking so long to release. The Octopath team is the one now in charge of making Switch games so SE probably decided it was a good idea to assign all projects to them. 😛

Edited on by Alber-san

Switch FC: SW-4227-6363-7321
Online games:
Rocket League, Splatoon 2, NBA Playgrounds, Fortnite

Favourite single player games:XC2, Skyrim, TLoZ: BotW

DarthNocturnal

Don't forget Versus XIII/ XV. And KH 3 (it's taken over a decade to get the third main entry in that series. Even factoring in the plot provided by the side games, that's nuts.)

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

TheLobster

Kaile wrote:

@TheLobster I heard there is no points for physical games under 40$. On the other hand i recieved some points for rocket league, maybe only selected few give you points? Don’t know.
Also i couldn’t recieve points for I am Setsuna but i have japanese version so i thought there is some regional issue(even though i got points for japanese Zelda without any problems)

@Anti-Matter Redeem eshop points(coins?), the ones you get for every purchase and can use them for future puchases.

There are definitely eShop points/coins for physical games under $40. I have a TON of indie games physical and only Yonder and Poi won't cough up the cash. Every other game has, right on all the way down to ones that are $25. I have 45 physical game so trust me, I have lots of gold coins in the eShop.

Super Mario Maker Bookmark Page

Switch Friend Code: SW-5549-9228-7780 | 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2545-4434 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLobster | Twitter:

IceClimbers

I've got about $12 in gold points built up. I've got $3 more coming from the bonus points for preloading Aces, plus another $1 from Tropical Freeze (well, it's on the birthday list at least). Gonna get Okami HD for like $5!

Edited on by IceClimbers

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

TheLobster

So I have this crippling need to play casual mahjong games and I was wondering if anybody knew anything about the new one on the eShop?

Super Mario Maker Bookmark Page

Switch Friend Code: SW-5549-9228-7780 | 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2545-4434 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLobster | Twitter:

GameOtaku

There needs to be a refund policy in place along the lines of what steam offers. Hopefully that should cut down on the massive influx of shovelware onto the eshop.

Edited on by GameOtaku

GameOtaku

JTMnM

Anyone have any information on Blizzard supporting the Switch? I remember there were rumors of a Diablo III port, but everything's gone quiet. I'm sure I'm not alone in hoping Overwatch and Diablo hit the platform.

JTMnM

Switch Friend Code: SW-4706-4065-3902

Grumblevolcano

Captain Toad has a demo in Japan and the new trailer shows there's at least 4 Odyssey kingdoms present in the full game:

Metro Kingdom (confirmed back in January)
Sand Kingdom
Cascade Kingdom
Luncheon Kingdom

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Syndrome

@JTMnM I dont' think Blizzard really cares for the Switch. And i'm not talking Overwatch here. I think that if they had plans for supporting the console we'd already have a port of Diablo III, StarCraft II or at least Hearthstone by now.

Syndrome

JTMnM

@Syndrome Thanks for the reply. It's really too bad. The platform would greatly benefit from their support. Having games like Smash and Overwatch on the same console is a dream too good to be true, I guess!

JTMnM

Switch Friend Code: SW-4706-4065-3902

toiletduck

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Captain Toad has a demo in Japan

No news on whether or not we can expect that in EU as well? I'm on the fence for this and a demo could definitely help me decide.

Edited on by toiletduck

toiletduck

Syndrome

@JTMnM No need to thank me. It's not like I provided any solid information or anything. Just my opinion on the matter.
You're welcome though.

Syndrome

Anti-Matter

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Captain Toad has a demo in Japan and the new trailer shows there's at least 4 Odyssey kingdoms present in the full game:

Metro Kingdom (confirmed back in January)
Sand Kingdom
Cascade Kingdom
Luncheon Kingdom

For some reason, after i watched from trailer and compared with my experience about Super Mario 3D World, the gameplay of Captain Toad was similar with Super Mario 3D World but Baby Step version (Captain Toad can't run as fast as Toad 3D World version, the worlds are compressed into tiny island, once i cleared the Stage i don't think i want to Replay again that same Stage).

My Top 5 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (10 / 10)
2. The Sims series (9 / 10)
3. Portal Knights Switch (9 / 10)
4. Animal Crossing New Leaf 3DS (9 / 10)
5. ARMS (8 / 10)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608

Buizel

@toiletduck You could create a Japanese account and download from the Japanese eShop. It's fairly hassle-free.

I've just had a go at the demo and I'm loving it. I never got it on the Wii U as I never felt it had enough depth as a console retail game...but I can see myself playing this a lot on the go.

Currently playing: South Park: The Fractured But Hole (Switch), Battle Chef Brigade (Switch), Hyrule Warriors (Switch), Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (PC).
Replaying: DKC Tropical Freeze (Switch), Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch).

gcunit

Anti-Matter wrote:

once i cleared the Stage i don't think i want to Replay again that same Stage).

Me likewise really. I have the Wii U version and obviously it has that Nintendo/Toad charm, but I haven't found it much fun to play and haven't progressed past about the 10th level.

Use the 'ignore' button, it works.

Currently playing: Runner 3; Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood; Kirby Triple Deluxe; ICO; FIFA 18; Owlboy

Nothing is true; Everything is permitted.

Knuckles-Fajita

@JTMnM Diablo 3 is getting a rerelease on PS4 and Xbox One though.

and the ARMS - NL Inklings: Spring Into The Ring Tournament (July 21st)!

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic