Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 31,501 to 31,520 of 40,196

Octane

@JaxonH I thought the original was 1080p too. My mistake in that case.

VGChartz doesn't track digital by the way. Neither does NPD for Nintendo. I know they get their numbers from other tracking sites these days, like Famitsu, NPD, Media Create, etc. None of them track digital, or didn't for a long time. But that explains why they're always a month behind, and why they're missing digital numbers.

Octane

JaxonH

@Octane
Right. And digital accounts for a significant portion of sales nowadays. Nintendo says 25% and the number is still growing.

NOW PLAYING
NS: Chocobo’s Dungeon, Trials Rising, Tales of Vesperia
X1: Trials Fusion, DMC5
GPD Win 2: Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
3DS/Wii U/PS4/PSVR/Vita/PC/Rift: [nothing]

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

Trajan

Random question: Does Nintendo, or do third parties set pricing? Got a random email from Gamestop today and opened it to discover Wolfenstein on PS4 is now $20 a long with a bunch of newer AAA titles. Now economy of scale and all that since PS4/Xbone/PC are all technically the same system with x86 architecture , but will we ever see those deals on Switch? (I've skipped gaming 2005-2017 so all of this is newish to me)

"If we did this (mobile games), Nintendo would cease to be Nintendo." - Iwata

JaxonH

@rallydefault
Handily so.

Even VG Chartz, which is tracking Xeboblade 2 at 1/3 million behind numbers confirmed by Nintendo themselves 4 months ago (which means its tracking at least 0.5 million at this point), has Skyrim pretty much right where Xenoblade 2 is. So if XC2 is at 1.5 mil, Skyrim is too. Minimum. Because it's been consistently tracking higher than XC2 since launch.

I figure itll be anywhere from 1.5 - 2 million sold by year's end.

Edited on by JaxonH

NOW PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

Octane

@Trajan The publisher decides! But it's entirely possible that retailers and the platform holder are working with the publisher to make certain deals happen.

@JaxonH Yeah, a 1.5 multiplier is useful if you want to know rough ballpark numbers of physical + digital. Fortunate thing is that all games suffer from this, so the ratio between them should be similar.

Octane

Knuckles-Fajita

My Switch has a weird case of warping.

So it's warped, very faintly, but it's done something unusual.

Near the vents there is a gap now where the back plate is meant to join on, and I can even get a fingernail in there and its movable. Not exactly good.

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

JaxonH

Shining Resonance Refrain is out!

But I'm so hopelessly sucked into the world of YS VIII I'm not sure when I'll be playing anything else. And Octopath Traveller and Captain Toad are knocking at the door too (72 hour countdown?).

Oh man. I gotta figure something out here.

NOW PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

Grumblevolcano

Not sure whether confirmed before Inside Xbox Episode 5 yesterday but the crossplay party system for XB1/Switch is coming later this summer for Rocket League.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NEStalgia

@Knuckles-Fajita That's what happens when you keep it next toe the Pyrostation This whole warped switch thing confounds me. I have so many handheld hours on mine the back plate is now glossy plastic. I haven't run it in docked as much, but I did all of Odyssey, BotW, and quite a ton of Splatoon docked. Maybe it is the people that run it mostly docked that get these issues, but you wouldn't think so.

@JaxonH You think you have problems. I just started XC2....then have to go onto YS....then Shining Resonance......but Octopath comes out in a few days! And then there's more XC2 in Sept!

@Ryu_Niiyama you're the resident HRAP/FG expert here. What FG would you say are "must have" games for the HRAP on Switch (excluding Neo Geo?) I thought Switch would be the to-to FG system but I'm finding some interesting FG on other platforms (Tekken 7 of course, SC someday, even Baz Chronophantasma (I like the Baz and Injustice games as far as FG games go as long as there's actual story!)

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Ralizah

I'll wait on the other JRPG's until I clear Ys VIII and, eventually, Valkyria Chronicles 4. Nothing more exhausting than layering multiple hundred hour JRPG's on top of one-another. Been there, done that. No thanks.

Ralizah

Grumblevolcano

@Ralizah Don't forget about Torna, if you bought the XC2 expansion pass you'll have that for no extra cost.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ryu_Niiyama

@NEStalgia BlazeBlue Cross tag team battle. I'm playing on pc currently till I can scrap the cash for the game and DLC on switch. I'm spending a lot of time on SF Collection, switching mains for the first time in 15 years...lol so I'm learning Makoto. I still recommend to any FG fan to own both USFHDII and SF collection but that's just me (If you have to pick get SF collection...3rd strike!!!!). I'm not a DBZ fan but I'll be getting FighterZ (maybe). Skullgirls is ok for futzing around in (whenever that comes out). I never put a lot of time into it though. I'm on the fence about SNK heroines now that other games are out... I just need a good 3d fighter (like SC) and I'm good.

At the very least buy Garou, Samsho II (wait for V special), and KoF98.

Guilty Gear XX Accent core plus is going to be good whenever it hits the system (wish it was Xrd but I liked accent core so ah well).

Switch isnt going to be the go to so long as it has no 3d or current 2.5d presence or modern versions of SF (IV since we can't get V) but it is gaining some traction when you get past the "nintendo is for babies" crowd. I think FighterZ sales will help bamco tip a few more games our way. Not expecting SC VI but SCIIHD would be nice.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul. Let the drums fill you with FIRE! Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14 I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

NEStalgia

@Ryu_Niiyama Does Cross Tag have a "great for a fighter" type campaign that other Blaz's have had?

Already have USFIIHD, definitely love it,but also looking for something more "modern" (and something with more campaign than just arcade mode.) I broke down for Tekken 7.....pretty fun. But no joystick is killing me. The disc pad on X1 Elite controller helps a lot...but...fighting without a stick is like playing a racer with a keyboard. Can't get myself to blow $150 on an HRAP for X1 though, so I have to focus my FG on Switch (yeah yeah, PC, blah blah.)

I still don't see why Tekken is absent, honstly. No reason that game can't dial the gfx back and work great. And SC......

Oh I forgot about Guilty Gear! And I figure SF IV is a given with how Capcom is milking old SF ports on Switch....they'll bring it, I'm certain. (But to me as a non-enthusiast it's the same game as 2... Pretty though. I played it at the arcade while I was knee deep in Ultra 2 last year.... I could grab it with Game Pass for 360/1 but...eh...I have Ultra 2 on Switch. With an HRAP.... )

Fighter Z should improve interesting. It's a little weird that an anime licensed fighter is such a big deal, but somehow...it is...

NEStalgia

PikPi

Bummed that I'm now house poor and won't be able to afford as many games, and I'll be missing Traveler at launch as a result

I really need to graduate and move on already

PikPi

Ralizah

@Grumblevolcano Thankfully, I don't buy DLC until I'm ready to take advantage of it. Given that I'll want to replay Xenoblade 2 after getting the DLC, I'll probably wait for a slow period to nab it.

Ralizah

Grumblevolcano

@Ryu_Niiyama @NEStalgia FighterZ perfectly sums up how badly Nintendo handled E3 this year. So many people wanted a Switch version and made such a big deal about it yet its reveal was nothing more than a few seconds in a coming soon highlight reel during the E3 Direct, not even any Treehouse Live footage.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic