Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 31,421 to 31,440 of 69,988

Haruki_NLI

Man, Dark Souls Remastered comes at a really bad time now. Right after I spend god knows how much importing Mega Man 11.

Looks like I'll add it to the maybe at Xmas list.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

NEStalgia

@Ralizah The Smash people were mostly nutters to begin with. They didn't need NL.

NEStalgia

Therad

gcunit wrote:

Wasn't sure which thread to put this in, as it's pretty watery speculation, but I've just finished watching the Smash U direct from last week for the first time.

Overall the Direct was great, but two 'connected' moments stuck out to me as possible hints at something. Now, my experience of speculation about these supposed 'hints' that Nintendo may or may not sometimes employ are that about 99% of the time they turn out to be baloney, but...

Did anyone else notice these two moments in the Direct?

Untitled

This first one being what seemed to be a prolonged focus on the Galaxy warp star item;

Untitled

And this second one seeming to be a prolonged pause and then deliberate Mario Galaxy stage selection.

So... basically... what I'm trying to say is...

Super Mario Galaxy HD/Super Mario Galaxy 3 confirmed!!!11!

And Mario didn't have have Cappy in the Ridley scene. It is sooooo obvious!

Therad

Grumblevolcano

Unsurprisingly another week with no general Direct, there won't be one next week either because of Gamescom. 30th August, 6th September or 13th September seem most likely at this point.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Spoony_Tech

It's funny that how Nintendo has a direct and the next day people are speculating when the next one will hit because the last one just wasn't good enough lol.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

TuVictus

It happens each time there's a direct, good or bad

TuVictus

Grumblevolcano

@Spoony_Tech Well E3 was mostly Smash and last week was a Smash Direct. The last Direct with a good amount of info to do with other games was March.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Spoony_Tech

@Grumblevolcano Oh I know. The E3 direct left me wanting more.....a lot more....

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@Octane I think 30th August is a small possibility, 6th September is most likely and 13th September somewhere in between. It all depends how Nintendo wants to reveal stuff like the Luigi's Mansion release date and the remaining paid online info.

Grumblevolcano

GrailUK

@Octane There have been plenty of instances across the last 5 years of their being a specific game Direct, then a main Direct a couple of weeks afterwards for it to be not outlandish. (Although please don't ask me for examples as they are on the internet and I cannot be bothered lol!)

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

IceClimbers

@Grumblevolcano Pretty sure there isn't anymore online info outside of the other launch NES titles and a specific release date.

Guarantee that'll be put up on the website. Not sure why people keep thinking they'll use time in a Direct for that.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Magician

I'm hoping the next Direct has a few third party surprise announcements. On the level of the Doom and Wolfenstein II announcements we got this time last year. September and October have quite a few scheduled releases, but November and December are still pretty thin. Give me one "oh my gawd"-kind-of surprise, please Nintendo.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

NEStalgia

I'm pretty sure "I'm certain the pattern of direct minutes of individual games, a game specific direct, coupled with the phase of Venus during the Year of the Pidgeon means a new Direct is definitely happening in the next month!" really translates to:

"Gawd I wish Nintendo didn't suck at marketing and felt it was important to highlight any other game but Smash. Sucks that this is all we're going to have to hype us until the holidays. This is too much Smash for me even though I'm such a hardcore Smash fan I have a Smash Ball tattoo on my [censored]!"

NEStalgia

gcunit

I'm not really expecting Nintendo to make the Online service a significant feature of a Direct.

When the service is ready they'll push out a firmware update, and you probably won't be able to play online or access the eshop until you've updated. Then the update will include some sort of forced tutorial about the service, plus the obligatory items on the news page, and some twitter activity.

More people have Switchs than watch the Directs, so why waste effort producing a fairly dry Direct on it when the stuff I've suggested above is likely to happen anyway.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Grumblevolcano

The March Direct had a section on using My Nintendo Gold points on the eshop so the next Direct having a section on the online doesn't seem unrealistic.

Grumblevolcano

gamer1000k

@Therad I've already got a laptop and an Android tablet, and the vast majority of my gaming is on PC with consoles for exclusives. My experience with games on phones is that outside of simple tower defense and puzzle games, touchscreen controls are generally awful, and it's silly to bring a controller that's twice the size of the phone just to get a halfway-decent gaming experience.

Given the current sad state of the Android tablet market I was hoping the Switch could serve as a replacement for my tablet (which is generally used only for Netflix and web browsing) while also offering awesome first-party games and real physical controls.

gamer1000k

Spoony_Tech

Diablo 3 is bouncing around on Twitter as being announced. Don't think Nintendo or Blizzard has made it official yet though.

Ninja'd

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

NEStalgia

They need something at this point. They sent out emails. It has the news item. But they still haven't really explained in detail how your usage of the Switch will change and how to take advantage of the "features." Heck even the NES online games will need some explanation of the interface or how to access them.

We can figure it out. But We are not the dude in my GameStop last March pre-ordering "the new Wii"

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic