Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 31,301 to 31,320 of 69,992

DarkRula

Go Vacation's great aside from the need for motion even with it off.
If ever a sequel was to come, that would be one of the things to fix. And the camera control.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Haruki_NLI

@link3710 Greninja. Added before he even had a moveset in XY development.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Azooooz

After studying and comparing the subscription prices between Nintendo and Sony/Microsoft (yes, they both have the same price for subscription), I think I know the reason why Nintendo's offering is much lower than its competitors:

1- Nintendo is a gaming company as a whole, which gains profit by only selling game software and hardware, while Sony and Microsoft are more of media entertainment companies that gain profit from other departments in addition to the PlayStation and Xbox divisions respectively, which they need to cover the net loss of other departments by increasing the prices of their subscription plans to avoid net loss of the whole company. On the other hand, Nintendo is focusing on only selling games, so $20 per year is going to harm them in long term, providing that Switch Online Subscription is a success.

2- Nintendo is new to the online subscription, and they are testing waters with how this will reflect them through people's receptions towards it.

3- Maybe this is just me, but I think Nintendo, or Kimishima, predicted the increased demand for the Switch and suggested this lower price to appeal more people into buying the switch and confident enough that they, Nintendo, will provide better services that make them worth the price.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

toiletduck

Knuckles-Fajita wrote:

Steep is officially cancelled. They announced this...in a reply to someone on Twitter

Even worse is that they present it as something positive, 'with more exciting news to follow shortly!' Embarrassing...

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Grumblevolcano

@toiletduck The only way the cancellation could truly be a positive is while the other platforms have Steep, Switch gets 1080. But I really doubt that's the case.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FragRed

@toiletduck @Grumblevolcano And in its place we get 2 even older UbiArt games that are likely real cheap on other consoles but will sell for full price on the Switch.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

NEStalgia

@bluemage1989 Considering Smash is as much an advertising platform as it is a video game, it makes sense to put ARMS characters in it if they actually want to promote it as a franchise. It did OK, so I imagine they do. I realize it's another fighter, but it established a recognizable "brand" even if it didn't lead charts pretty well. Smash could elevate that pretty well. It would have to be Springman or RG since they're the real brand identity. Plus Sakurai likes adding characters due to unique actions rather than due to franchise loyalty, and those characters certainly have a lot he could play with. I don't think they're doing it, but they certainly could (and arguably should.)

@Grumblevolcano That email was depressing. It dropped all pretense of "we have more to reveal" and painted "cloud saves" as purely a backup and a feature for easily transferring to a new system rather than being able to log into different systems. I swear if they still hardware lock your games and deny you access to your data on other logged in Switches and just use cloud saves as a $20/yr safety net for when you have to throw out your $300 console I'm going to break some stuff....knightly's taco explosion will be the least of it. I just want to be able to log into my other Switch, download my digital games, and play with my same save data Nintendo....please tell me I can do this.

@Knuckles-Fajita "More people care than the number of people who remembered Steep was gonna be a thing."

Ohhh, brrrr!

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@FragRed I got Child of Light for X1 for $6 last month...........

@toiletduck "Embarrassing..."
And you believe this is a problem for Ubisoft because, why, exactly?...
Untitled

NEStalgia

toiletduck

NEStalgia wrote:

@FragRed I got Child of Light for X1 for $6 last month...........

@toiletduck "Embarrassing..."
And you believe this is a problem for Ubisoft because, why, exactly?...

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly and I don't get the picture you're referring to, but let me try... I don't find it embarrassing that they cancel a game, but that they try to announce like it's totally good news. People are not that stupid...

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

bluemage1989

@NEStalgia I think it would be cool to see someone from Arms in there but like I said I think it's unlikely to happen. I don't know how Sakurai goes about taking characters and making them ready for Smash but I imagine extendable arms would make for hard work to balance. Hopefully the man can make it happen because it would be cool and it would help further promote Arms which is a great game I've really enjoyed and would love to see it have more exposure.

bluemage1989

NEStalgia

@toiletduck I think you're missing the irony of Ubisoft's E3 history. "Embarrassing" is pretty much a synonym of Ubisoft at this point. The picture is Ubisoft's E3 show from last year. Embarrassing is par for the Ubisoft course

NEStalgia

Haruki_NLI

Safe to say DOOM Eternal wont come to Switch since it runs on IdTech 7.

Octane

@GrailUK Please mind your language!

Also, what's DOOM Eternal? DLC or sequel to DOOM? I guess that was a QuakeCon thingy?

Octane

GrailUK

@Octane Gah sorry. Just certain folks incessant belittling really grinds my gears occasionally. Ahem. Anyhoo. Doom Eternal is a sequel. Hell on Earth if you will...but they showed off more locations Looked incredible, with grappling hooks and destructible armour...

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Haruki_NLI

@GrailUK Well shut me up then. Figured they wouldn't have support in

Haruki_NLI

@Nintendoforlife I just saw the new engine, which takes years to make, how it looked, and the lack of a date as "Well thats not happening".

But low and behold here we are. What's interesting is I noticed blood splatters etc. are a lot more solid which actually makes downgrading easier.

Grumblevolcano

Haven't started the single player of DOOM yet (only played online) so getting DOOM Eternal seems pointless at this point in time. Still, nice to see Bethesda giving Switch more than just mobile ports outside the initial 3 games (Skyrim, DOOM, Wolfenstein II). Probably safe to say the retail listing a while back of the upcoming Wolfenstein game is real too then.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic