Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 28,981 to 29,000 of 43,693

Knuckles-Fajita

@IceClimbers Well let's say they are co-developing Smash 5, which I wouldn't mind because Smash 4 is mmhmm delicious, that'll be one of them.

And let's say the rumour about Metroid Prime 4 is true as well, that links directly to a new exclusive Ridge Racer.

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

IceClimbers

@YummyHappyPills Exactly. Though I'm not entirely sure they'd be referencing contract work like Smash and Metroid when talking to their investors. I feel like they'd be referring to Ridge Racer 8, a new Tales of, and probably something like "Dragon Ball FighterZ for Nintendo Switch we swear this is original Edition"

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

JaxonH

Pretty sure Smash and Metroid Prime 4 are what they're referring to. That's already two gigantic studios working on original new titles. If they were working on several titles above and beyond that... it would be like 5 studios working on Switch exclusives.

PLAYING
NS: Fire Emblem Three Houses, Dragon Quest Builders 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Vita: Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz

Jesus is Lord.

CLICK HERE For My Switch Collection

IceClimbers

@JaxonH Bandai Namco could have small teams working on something like Dragon Ball Fusions 2 or Project X Zone 3 or something like that. Lower budget stuff.

Not to mention it didn't specify exclusives. Stuff like the upcoming My Hero One's Justice would count.

JaxonH

@IceClimbers
They could... I just don't think they do. I think realistically working on two big exclusive games is probably pushing the limit of what they're going to do for the system on an exclusive basis right now.

And, you're right, it says multiple original games, which doesn't necessarily mean exclusives. But
I do recall a statement saying they were working on several new, exclusive games.

PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

Cynas

I'm getting pretty excited for Blade Strangers now with the newly revealed characters. Recently Quote, Gunvolt, Isaac, and Shovel Knight have been announced.

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

TheTetrisGuy

A game with Shovel Knight in it? Wow, crazy stuff. But really, I’m not sure if I’ll pick up the game or not. For every cool indie character in there, there is 2 or 3 characters I just don’t care about. For the trailer itself, Shovel Knight looks surprisingly buff. Maybe it’s just the anime art style, but it kinda threw me off.

Edited on by TheTetrisGuy

Just a geek that likes video games, and spends to much time playing Smash Bros. and Fortnite.

“Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever you were gonna do anyway.” – Iron Man

JaxonH

Blade Strangers looks legit. Characters from Binding of Isaac, Cave Story, Code of Princess, Azure Striker Gunvolt, Shovel Knight... toss in Hyper Light Drifter and Shantae and you've got yourself a genuine indie Smash Bros

PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

meleebrawler

@IceClimbers You mentioned Project X Zone! My favourite guilty pleasure! But doesn't Monolith Soft usually have a big hand in those games?

I think Reiji Arisu is the best candidate from Namco outside of Pac-Man to be in Smash.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Cynas

@TheTetrisGuy Sure shovel knight has been appearing in a lot of indie games but it's usually just a simple cameo or a character skin, Like in Runbow. Having a full dedicated moveset for him makes it more exciting in my eyes.

Either way, while I enjoyed the game, I'm not the biggest Shovel Knight fan in the world. I'm much more excited for Isaac, Quote, Curly Brace, and even the characters from Code of Princess. I'm also a pretty big fan of anime style fighting games like BlazBlue so I'm hyped.

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

Therad

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@IceClimbers I think there would be many SKUs for Smash Switch so while there's already one, there's a good chance a fair number of the unannounced SKUs are also Smash Switch related. For example you could have:

• Smash Switch (game only)
  • Smash Switch + GC adapter
  • Smash Switch + GC adapter + GC controller
  • GC adapter
  • GC adapter + GC controller
  • GC controller
  • Smash Switch + GC Joy-Con pair
  • GC Joy-Con pair
  • GC Joy-Con (left)
  • GC Joy-Con (right)

15 games are not that much. That is around 3 games a month. No need to think it is other stuff than pure games.

Therad

IceClimbers

So the beta for Blazblue Cross Tag Battle is up on the eShop.

Schedule info for the beta:

StuTwo

IceClimbers wrote:

@YummyHappyPills RIIIIIDDDDGGGEEEE RACCCCEEERRR!

PAAACCCC MAAAAN LAAAABBOOO

*rrp £89 - cardboard sold separately. This is not a game - for ornamental purposes only

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

electrolite77

Interesting times ahead. The first 4 months of the year being relatively quiet is intentional and will not be an issue, the rest of the year will be very busy. January-April is not traditionally a big sales period for Nintendo. They wanted to let last years big hitters continue to sell and they've been library building - now Christmas shoppers will see a Donkey Kong game, a Kirby, another Zelda, Bayonetta, Labo etc.

I think the announcement of the Online service and release of DKC : TF will be the start of a steady string of announcements leading up to E3 and a very busy second half of the year. They've got 5 games releasing in May-July, I'm expecting another 7 August-December. Probably smaller titles like Pikmin or more Wii U ports like NSMBU (which will sell!) alongside FE, Smash, Yoshi and hopefully Pokemon.

I'm not one for hugely optimistic positions, I constantly expect Nintendo to blow it, but not this year.

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

SuperJoon

IceClimbers wrote:

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/05/10/minecrafts-bedrock-upd...

The bedrock update for Minecraft on Switch is coming on June 21st. There will be a retail release on that day. Owners of Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition can upgrade for free.

Also weird to see news about the Switch on the Xbox blog

Microsoft does own it, but yeah, weird having the Xbox News site announce the Switch update. I feel this is slowly part of their integration into other systems and bringing there games to a wider audience.

Switch I can see as being one target as MS and Nintendo seem to have a good relationship, especially when it comes to cross play, so it isn't feasible that we could see Xbox games on Switch in future.

NNID: SuperJoon | PSN: KingJoonToon

Nintendo Network ID: Superjoon | Twitter:

link3710

I was expecting things to be dead silent in the lead up to E3, but it seems news is actually picking up again. Not that I'm complaining of course. And wow, Blade Strangers actually looks pretty good, considering how long it's been around without any footage. I had no idea what genre it even was.

link3710

Grumblevolcano

I think Sony's E3 conference is going to reveal a paid expansion for Monster Hunter World and it's 30 days exclusive on PS4 hence why MHGU was revealed before E3. For Capcom, the backlash associated with MH not being on Switch this time wouldn't have been worth it.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic