Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 28,961 to 28,980 of 41,790

ilikeike

@darkfenrir TWEWY looks wonderful, I've always regretted not getting it on DS when I had the chance so I'm glad it's coming to Switch. I hope we get an additional look at it this E3.

The more I think of it, the end of the year looks crazy too. There's Smash Bros. which will be a definite Day One buy for me, then there's Fire Emblem, Mega Man 11, Valkyria Chronicles 4, TWEWY, and potentially Pokemon. Ooof...never thought I'd be complaining about having too many games to buy on a Nintendo home console. It's a good problem to have at least.

Mario Galaxy is ten years old, and now I feel old.

darkfenrir

@ilikeike I agree lol. I'm the same as you that I regret I can't buy it on DS (it's not on good time for original gaming in my country, I assure you. It's not even that good right now, just way better)

Having too many games to buy is never a bad problem... unless not enough money for them all ahaha! XD

I'm excited for whenever Moonlighter will come around to Switch too, that indie just looks so DAMN GOOD.

(I also wish some of these games come at the start of the year instead of middle reee)

darkfenrir

Switch Friend Code: SW-0242-3593-1338

ilikeike

@darkfenrir That's true, Moonlighter looks awesome! Definitely looking forward to its Switch release, whenever that may be. I've been on a bit of a roguelike binge lately so this should fit that urge quite nicely!

The indie I'm probably most hyped for is Indivisible. RPG with Metroidvania exploration? Yes! Art by Skullgirls dev team? Yes! Music by Secret of Mana composer? GOD YES! Info on that game's release can't come soon enough.

IceClimbers

@TheLobster Arguing with YouTube comments is never a good idea or good use of your time. Neither is reading them honestly.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Arcamenel

I live for the drama so I love reading youtube comment arguments.

Derrick
3DS FC: 1693 - 1069 - 1732

darkfenrir

@ilikeike Same! I've been trying out roguelikes and they are starting to feel addictive. Personally grabbing Wizard of Legend, Moonlighter, and Dead Cells! (And out of these 3, only Moonlighter has no concrete month :') )

Ooooh, Indivisible looks great! The gameplay looks so smooth too.

darkfenrir

EvilLucario

If you want the quickest way to lose some braincells, you go to YouTube comments. Lots of blind praising or blind hate everywhere.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

oninowon

TheLobster wrote:

I never understand why people say there are no games on Switch. I engaged in a Youtube comment to this effect (my mistake) and he said games didn't count if they were ports, indies, or scored below 85 on Metacritic. OK then, I guess PS4 doesn't have that many games either and Switch has more than Xbox (I'm guessing)! Duuurrrrrrrrrr.

The Switch really does not have many games that will appeal to the majority of gamers. Majority of AAA titles are released on the other 2 systems and Nintendo is lucky if a major 3rd party publisher releases a major title on a Nintendo system. So far, AAA titles outside Nintendo have been ports.

oninowon

ilikeike

@darkfenrir Oh yes, Dead Cells and Wizard of Legend both look great. And the fact that a physical edition of Dead Cells was announced today only solidifies my interest in it!

The rogue like I've been playing most recently is Crypt of the Necrodancer. As a musician and former percussionist this game is basically a dream come true for me! It's addictive, the music is great, it's challenging but rewarding, the music is great, the visual style is charming, the music is great, the progression is constant and gratifying, and did I mention that the MUSIC IS GREAT!?

darkfenrir

@ilikeike Yep! I'm just glad that they finally say WHEN in 2018 personally XD

And glad you enjoy Crypt! I hear good stuff about it but I never really goes into it because... I suck at rhythm. I didn't even manage to play games like Rhythm Heaven past the first stage. Or manages to keep the fever in Patapon 3...

darkfenrir

UnknownReader

darkfenrir wrote:

I'm excited for whenever Moonlighter will come around to Switch too, that indie just looks so DAMN GOOD.

Same here. Every time their post appeared on my fb feed, I was hoping to see the Switch release date announcement, lol!
Beside Moonlighter, I am also looking forward to Smoke And Sacrifice, Re:Legend, My time at Portia, Little Dragons Cafe.
(Possible next year release) Raji an Ancient epic.

Last year, not much games on Switch I was interested, but this year look promising.

My Brain, eyes, and fingers are not team player. They don't coordinate with each other.

darkfenrir

@UnknownReader Same! I'm in the discord server and I'm just itching to want to get Moonlighter release date! XD (And some double dippers there too, I'll be so jelly whenever they get their game!)

(And I'm also interested in Re: Legend in your list, that one looks amazing!)

Same here, I'm already happy with Xenoblade 2 personally, but this year is 4 JRPG, around 3 indies... I'll be so happy with my purchase at the end of this year. Should only be getting better lol

darkfenrir

EvilLucario

I honestly don't get some people's purchasing habits. I'd count myself lucky if I can buy even like 5 retail games per year. Then again, I am but only a poor college boy...

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

darkfenrir

@EvilLucario Please, I usually don't buy a lot too, but I always buy games I'm interested in (and there's... not much personally. I don't know why this year has been full of games I want!)

For my indies buying though, I usually go by that thanks to gift cards and what not since some of my friends helped T_T Otherwise I think I'll think even harder if I want to get them or not.

darkfenrir

UnknownReader

@darkfenrir So jealous that PS4, PC, Xbox getting it by the end of May. I am just going to drool watching gameplay on YT till switch release, lol!

Me too, I only buy what I am interested in. Mainly rpg / Jrpg, but lately I am into action, adventure. Not too into first person cos I get nauseous. Not into side scroll or Visual Novel as well. So I save quite a bit.

My Brain, eyes, and fingers are not team player. They don't coordinate with each other.

darkfenrir

@UnknownReader I am too! Will watch my usual Let's Play guy play it I guess. It'll be fun (And I'll be able to know what I should do at the beginning... maybe... hopefully...)

And yeah, I'm into the same thing, RPG, JRPG, Action, Adventure, pretty much nearly a lot of story-based things (Don't even mind VNs). Although recently starting to get into rogue-lites though, seems awesome.

(and whoah, same! Playing first person makes me want to puke haha... feels bad that's happening, but arceusdamn, it makes me wanting to try some games not fun)

Edited on by Joeynator3000

darkfenrir

Therad

oninowon wrote:

TheLobster wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

Only $20

The Hori one is $13. What makes this one better?

You guys are aware of 3rd party chargers bricking the system, right?

Any proof hori has bricked any system?

And the problem isn't with chargers, it is the usb-a to usb-c cables. And most of those work as well, especially from branded makers.

Therad

UnknownReader

@darkfenrir I only like 3 VN so far. Brother Conflict Precious Baby (vita) , Storm Lovers (vita), Mystic Messenger (Android).
Those rely on just reading and 2 choice sentence pick, I get bored easily, lol! I don't understand the fun in those. I rather read manga, lol!

darkfenrir

@UnknownReader haha, I just love them... just because I guess? XD

I mean Fault Milestone series (I got into them on Steam) is amaziiing, and if they can make it into manga or anime, I think that will fit far better with the series haha.

What about some VNs like Danganronpa though? Those are crazy good I hear (and not sure if I want to get in- I suuuuck at mystery solving)

darkfenrir

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic