Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 28,961 to 28,980 of 69,983

Haruki_NLI

So this year on Switch I'm getting Smash.

Wow. Year 2 was sh************t.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Haruki_NLI

Bold prediction that is in no way based on history:

Mega Man 11 wont get a physical release in the EU or amiibo release here.

Octane

@YummyHappyPills I'm still waiting on my first game of the year to be announced lol.

Pikmin 4, one can dream.

Octane

Haruki_NLI

@Octane I mean we assume Yoshi and Fire Emblem are August and October. Smash for September, Pokemon November.

E3 has been leaked boys! Yeah this year is ass.

Therad

Kimyonaakuma wrote:

@Therad Nintendo has been following a "one first party game a month" trend for a while, it's just not as relevant because we're actually getting third party games. They seem to still be doing that though, and E3 will fill in the months that we don't know.

But yeah the idea of one game a month does put the others under the radar. But sometimes the big title of the month isn't interesting anyway As long as they advertise both games we should be okay!

I would argue that they haven't, but people try and make that pattern be true by either including third-parties or including games that are not truly that great. This is especially true in light of how many have complained that the first half has been bad.

It is a very human behavior to try and find patterns everywhere, but sometimes, a pattern is just a coincidence.

Therad

Therad

With regards to the pokémon let's go games, I will use a wait-and-see approach. I am not the biggest pokémon fan, and we haven't really seen anything of them yet. If it is just a way to try and capitalize on pokémon Go, I would rather play the original. At least I get some exercise then.

I will download the freemium game though, at least on my kids' phones.

Edited on by Therad

Therad

Octane

@YummyHappyPills They usually have some surprises. But they also specifically stated that 2019 games would be shown off at a later date. I don't expect Metroid in that case.

At least we've already had the ''Hey Pokemon fans, we're working on a new game, it's coming out next year, maybe'' moment, so that won't be at E3

Octane

Spoony_Tech

I'm glad they revealed Pokemon now so maybe it will be just a quick announcement at E3 and showcased in the Treehouse. Save the presentation for games we haven't seen (but sadly still mostly know about).

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Kimyonaakuma

@darkfenrir I was hoping you wouldn't need motion controls but without them we would just be pressing a button, which would remove any skill needed to catch Pokémon that way. I'll wait and see I guess, E3 will probably have more information.

@Lroy I really enjoyed the Wii U game but I'm not sure if I want to buy it again when it's going to be almost the same. They said that they were going to add some Odyssey inspired levels so I'll see how many they add before buying it again.
I've noticed that on Amazon too! The prices aren't always great but my local stores are so terrible that I don't have many options...

-and the description on Amazon says it's 3D with touch controls, so hopefully it is 3D! Lots of games seem to skip the 3D feature now

@Octane We got Kirby but also a ton of ports, and we know Nintendo will count that as an important release anyway

@Therad I'm only basing this on the fact that every month since the Switch launched there has been advertising and marketing for a particular Switch game, which is obviously what they're considering "the big game of the month". The only month that hasn't followed this is January, but January is famous for game droughts. I'm not trying to say that every month there is something that everyone will like, or something that is new for all Switch users, but Nintendo themselves are following a pattern. Third parties will just release games whenever they can which adds more options.

Kimyonaakuma

darkfenrir

@Kimyonaakuma i would think Treehouse will have more info and trailers hopefully!

With 3 days (?) It should have ample time to be shown for a few hours.

darkfenrir

Azooooz

Pokémon fans be like:

Yesterday: Come on, Nintendo. Where's Pokémon Let's Go?

Today: Pokémon Let's Go sucks. We want a real Pokémon game.

I can smell hypocrisy from where I am.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Grumblevolcano

YummyHappyPills wrote:

@Octane I mean we assume Yoshi and Fire Emblem are August and October. Smash for September, Pokemon November.

E3 has been leaked boys! Yeah this year is ass.

I still think Fire Emblem's going to take the Xenoblade slot in early December. Animal Crossing and/or the rumoured Star Fox Grand Prix is my guess for October. Maybe also fill in the holiday some more with Wii U ports.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Kimyonaakuma

@darkfenrir I think it is 3 days but I've not checked. We should see it once or twice though, some of the bigger games in the past have been on Treehouse a couple of times

Plenty of time to show us what it's like anyway!

Kimyonaakuma

TuVictus

I'm actually hyped for the Pokemon game. The fact that it allows for co op is pretty much the only reason it'll be a day 1 purchase. I usually get tired of the gameplay, but with a friend it could be so much fun

TuVictus

Therad

@Kimyonaakuma and it is still you who apply a pattern, not Nintendo. Nintendo makes sure to spread out their releases, they do not control other companies IPs, nor other publishers release schedules. Just look how people say certain months are "third-party month", i.e it doesn't follow the pattern people thought it would.

Nintendo also market more than one game a month, it would be very counterproductive if they didn't. See sushi striker and Mario tennis aces, both promoted and published by Nintendo and releases the same month.

Edited on by Therad

Therad

cambotero

Azooooz wrote:

Pokémon fans be like:

+1

cambotero

Megal0maniac

Does anyone know whether you are able to play Nintendo Switch games with the new Online subscription if you've bought a few games originally with another (eShop) account? Nowadays I switch from country to country on my main account, but I've bought a few 1st party games with my seperate US account in the past and I'm somewhat confused whether I should be able to play those with just my main account which would be the only one having an Online subscription in the future.

I've not been able to find an answer to this particular situation in any Nintendo FAQ or news article..

Megal0maniac

EvilLucario

Keep in mind that there are different sectors of people that speak up time to time. The group that wanted the announcement aren't necessarily the same group that complain about said announcement. There's some overlap, but putting both groups under one umbrella is short-sighted.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Harmonie

Azooooz wrote:

Pokémon fans be like:

No, not really. You could try to make a point here that not everyone in a fandom is ever going to be satisfied with any decision a company makes, but that's captain obvious. However, instead you're attempting to make a point that somehow those of us who are unsatisfied are automatically hypocrites, because people in general were talking about looking forward to the annoucement. That is both snide and blatantly wrong.

I never wanted Pokemon Lets Go to be real, ever. You could see it in my posts, going all of the way up to yesterday before the announcement became inevitable.

Fandoms are not a hive mind. Fandoms are composed of many different individuals each with their own opinions. Thus those people who are complaining about Lets Go are most likely not the same people clamoring for GF to reveal them. Even if some of them are, the Pokemon LGPE that was talked about in the leaks did not quite portray the games to be as bad as they really are. Like the leaks never specified that the wild Pokemon battle system was completely removed just to make it like Pokemon GO. People who were looking forward to Pokemon LGPE with what the leaks said, but became disappointed when that was revealed are allowed to be disappointed.

EvilLucario wrote:

Keep in mind that there are different sectors of people that speak up time to time. The group that wanted the announcement aren't necessarily the same group that complain about said announcement. There's some overlap, but putting both groups under one umbrella is short-sighted.

AMEN.

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

OorWullie

@Megal0maniac That's a very good question and one I was actually thinking about the other day. It shouldn't be a problem though as the accounts are linked to the console itself and it's possible to play any purchased game across all your linked accounts.

Other than 2 physical games I'm all digital and nearly all my games have been purchased on foreign Eshops linked to a different Nintendo Account.,US,Norway,South Africa and Russia. Only on a couple of occasions have I actually bought a game from the UK Eshop using my main profile I use for playing all my games. If this will be an issue then it is a nightmare scenario for me and I'm sure many others. Nintendo made the system region free and gave us the ability to purchase this way so they have to make allowances for that. It'll be fine......I hope.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic