Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 28,721 to 28,740 of 69,993

toiletduck

JaxonH wrote:

I'm diving head first into my beloved Mega Man Legacy Collection and even Mega Man Legacy Collection 2. That rewind feature is amazing. I beat these games as a kid and I've beat them a dozen times since but I'm just at a point in my life where, if given the option, sure, I'll rewind it instead of starting over and losing a life. I'm playing for nostalgia's sake anyways. And the save states are crucial.

I didn't know that. I'm still on the fence for the collections and this might push me towards buying. Back in the days Mega Man 2 was one of the few games I owned, so I played it over and over, until I actually got good at it. I really don't feel like putting an effort in it to get as good as needed again, but for nostalgia sake it'd be nice to play again. I've never played the other games, so I doubt whether I'll enjoy those.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Grumblevolcano

On another note, a Sushi Striker demo is now available.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

@OorWullie Every content release (hint art and outfits) before this week has been announced at 2:30 am (UK time) on Thursday on the Switch news section and NoA twitter which is why I think there may be something else coming this week.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

@Spoony_Tech

??? Don't remember that conversation. I might not need them but I really want them and would love to have VC on Switch. Why do you think I bought a second Switch to hack? And a GPD Win 2 that can run Dolphin...

Don't really care about NES games though, aside from Super Mario Bros 3 and Mega Man, maybe one more I'm forgetting. That's what you probably heard me say- I don't really care about NES

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Anti-Matter

Grumblevolcano wrote:

On another note, a Sushi Striker demo is now available.

Eh ?!
For both 3DS & Switch ?

Edit: Oh, Snap...
Still unavailable...

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

OorWullie

@Grumblevolcano Hope you're right ,there can never be enough Directs. Time is running out though for one this week.

Downloaded the Sushi Strikers demo,the cut scenes are just brilliant and very amusing,top quality voice work too. Not sure about the game itself yet ,need to play more of the demo to see if its hook gets me.It does seem a little tricky to control with the Pro analogue stick,haven't tried it with the Joy-con analogue yet though.Perhaps touchscreen controls will be the way to go with this. If so I'm not sure I could justify spending 40 quid for a touchscreen game. I've no problem with touchscreen games ,quite enjoy some but still,for a full price title. I do want to see more of those cut scenes though,very funny!

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Anti-Matter

@OorWullie
Eh ? How did you get the Demo version of Sushi Striker ??
I found nothing when just now i checked both 3DS & Switch E-Shop.

Anti-Matter

OorWullie

@Anti-Matter I got it from the UK Eshop.It will be on all European Eshops,not sure about the North American or Japanese Eshops though.. You need to go to the 'coming soon' section not 'new releases',or the 'games with demos' section under 'search'.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

Grumblevolcano

@OorWullie Yeah, my idea was a Direct Mini appearing out of nowhere say later today for example. That's how the January Direct Mini would've ended up if there wasn't so many leaks about it.

Grumblevolcano

Haruki_NLI

20XX arrives July 10th.

July loves me it seems!

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

NEStalgia

Does anyone know if the South Park patch that fixes D-Mobile ever became available yet? Been debating what to open next when I'm done with Kirby. SP might win...but I'm waiting until the patch comes out since I know they said they'd submitted it to Nintendo.

@OorWullie I haven't seen a demo available! If you post more thoughts on controls, feel free to tag me in it. I've been on the fence about the game. If it's really not well controlled without using the touch screen it's a hard pass for me. Fingerprints on my Switch screen drive me insane, so I definitely don't want to play touch screen games on it. It drives me crazy enough when I have to use the touch screen for "back" when I want to go back from the "continue" screen to see something in the news feed I was reading

NEStalgia

IceClimbers

@NEStalgia Not yet. The patch should be available within the next week or so though.

As for the Sushi Striker demo, NoA doesn't update the eShop until 9 am pacific. That's assuming they're giving us the demo this week.

I'm glad they're releasing one though, as it absolutely needed it.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Grumblevolcano

FIFA 18 has a 66% discount on the Europe eshops starting today to coincide with Tuesday's World Cup update.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

OorWullie

@NEStalgia Will do. I'll have another go at it when I get back home . It may already be on the Eshop for you by then though.

Tuesday is insane ,Ikaruga ,Street Fighter Collection and FIFA World Cup mode. I know what I'll be doing all day . Imagine if Dark Souls Remastered released on the Tuesday like it was supposed to. I wouldn't know where to start.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

IceClimbers

Ok so apparently I was wrong, the South Park patch is in fact available now.

IceClimbers

Sushi Striker demo is available now in the US eShop. Preloading for the game is also live.

The Steamworld series is 25% off. Oh, and Sine Mora EX is 50% off.

Alber-san

Apparently Nintendo has said all Smash tournament players will be going in blind, without having played the game before. This pretty much confirms it's a new game and not a port.

Switch FC: SW-4227-6363-7321
Online games:
Rocket League, Splatoon 2, NBA Playgrounds, Fortnite

Favourite single player games:XC2, Skyrim, TLoZ: BotW

NEStalgia

@Alber-san Interesting. Though it still doesn't really mean anything but marketing for now. We shall see (I still can't see an all new Smash that looks and feels new with all new characters and moves. I can't see it being anything but the same characters maybe with a new pack of "this isn't DLC, honest", and some new maps. Called a new game instead of a port. Because what can they really do with Smash Switch that's new versus Smash U. It's not a leap forward in power that will radically change the game, so same engine, same level designer, almost certainly the same characters. And only hardcore fighing game fans differentiate subtle move set differences as different games. Are all versions of SFII at all different to anyone that doesn't play competitively?

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic