Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 28,701 to 28,720 of 69,983

Grumblevolcano

While the bundle is being intended for those who already have a Switch (hence the name of the bundle), I think it's going to be bought more as just a way to get a handheld only version especially when Pokemon Switch approaches.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Therad

Grumblevolcano wrote:

While the bundle is being intended for those who already have a Switch (hence the name of the bundle), I think it's going to be bought more as just a way to get a handheld only version especially when Pokemon Switch approaches.

The problem with this is that if you add an official USB-C charger, the price won't be any lower really. And in that case you can just as well take the other model and skip plugging in the dock to the TV.

Therad

JaxonH

Ya they really should've included a charger. That would have made it a solid deal. $50 off for no dock. Fair enough.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

@Therad The charger issue existed for 3DS, I agree that it should've come with a charger but not surprised it doesn't.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ralizah

https://nintendoeverything.com/valkyria-chronicles-4-memoirs-...

Really nice looking special edition of Valkyria Chronicles 4. It's live on Amazon.

I'd get it, but I don't have a whole lot of room. It's why I gave up on "collecting" games and won't buy any more special editions. That and I'm unhappy about the prospect of spending excessively on stuff I probably won't use.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Octane

I agree about the charger, but on the other hand, my last two phones had a USB-C port, so I've got some lying around. I still think it's a better deal if you only care about handheld gaming.

Octane

TuVictus

I think that's about the extent of it. Nintendo is still making a tidy profit, and people who already own a dock or don't need one can get a second unit for a tad cheaper. No need to itemize the cost of each piece, because it doesn't even paint a clear picture of Nintendo's profit margins. It's $50 cheaper, doesn't come with a dock. It's not meant to be a budget or some sale price.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

redd214

When you look at the fact that a dock set with the dock, hdmi cable and charger is sold for $90 at retail and a grip is sold for $20, imo that doesn't seem like all that good of a deal at ~$225

redd214

Haruki_NLI

@DarthNocturnal We knew Switch wasn't getting it, given EA's "Dont greenlight until 1 year" stance.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

OorWullie

We have the Mario Tennis Aces demo and Curse of the Moon on Thursday and Street Fighter Collection and Ikaruga on Tuesday. What a cracking few days of releases. To think Dark Souls Remastered was also supposed to release next week. For my wallets sake I'm kind of glad that it doesn't.

Even if CODBO4 and BFV were coming to Switch,they wouldn't be announced until Nintendo's E3 show. I don't think they are going to be but still,that's how it rolls with Nintendo. Big game announcements are for Directs and E3,whether already announced for other console or not.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Azooooz

@redd214 E3's worst kept secret? we'll find out.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

JaxonH

Man I'm livin it up over here.

Aside from Battle Chasers Nightwar, Runner 3 and Hyrule Warriors, I'm diving head first into my beloved Mega Man Legacy Collection and even Mega Man Legacy Collection 2. That rewind feature is amazing. I beat these games as a kid and I've beat them a dozen times since but I'm just at a point in my life where, if given the option, sure, I'll rewind it instead of starting over and losing a life. I'm playing for nostalgia's sake anyways. And the save states are crucial.

I think I spent at least three hours today just listening to the music in the Music section. Those Wily themes, oh my gosh. And I'm playing through Mega Man 3, and started 10, and 2. These games are everything to me. Mega Man 3 was the very first video game I ever played in my entire life. And here I am three decades later playing that very same game. Already entered the codes to unlock the DLC in 9 and 10, and scanned the amiibo to unlock the exclusive challenges. Having these games in HD on a portable/hybrid system is the ultimate score.

But of course I'm also still playing DKC Tropical Freeze. Just made it to the 4th world, and hit sub 1:30 on that Twitter time trial contest for stage 1-1 (even though the winners will be selected at random so time doesn't really have any bearing on anything). I wanted to do it for myself so I could at least exert some dignity with my tweet.

I cannot wait for Mega Man X Collections and Mega Man 11. Come. On. With it.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Spoony_Tech

@JaxonH Funny coming for the man who said he doesn't need any VC games anymore lol. Not quite sure how you phrased it but you get the point.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@DarthNocturnal Yes, cheat codes. Complete the game normally or use the cheat codes to unlock the DLC.

Grumblevolcano

OorWullie

RE7 is now available on the Japanese Eshop. I have it downloaded and I can confirm there are language options in there ,several.I think there might be English voice too . There are 3 different boxes to select from under Languages. Problem is the text remains in Japanese. I ended up blindly selecting Arabic. I got as far as the next screen and remembered I can translate text with my phone camera .I restarted and got as far as the language screen again but was then met with an error. It says network is very busy just now please try later.Too many folk downloading it it seems. Once the menus load up the lag is very noticeable so I can't imagine how bad it'll be for those even further away. It having language support though is a good sign it will be released elsewhere.

Edit; Well I've managed to get started. There is English voice support as well as text and subtitles. My connection bar in the top right corner shows full strength but the resolution is awful. Just after the video clip below ended it got worse and then disconnected me.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

Octane

@OorWullie I'm surprised it even works from where you live!

I think now it's not the best time to test it out, since many people are playing it at once, that will number will slow down over the next few days, and I assume that the connection will be a lot better from then on.

Octane

OorWullie

@Octane If it does get a worldwide release,Japan will still likely be the closest server to me. Not ideal. Games like Splatoon are fine for me but Rocket League has been ruined for me. Unless I'm willing to play with a really slow ping ,I have to matchmake with players in South/South East Asia.Obviously RL hasn't taken off in this region as matchmaking can take several minutes ,if I even find anyone at all. When I do ,I'm often matched with an opponent with a terrible connection.It's my most played game on Switch,love it but now I'm back over here I can't play it. I've spent a fortune on DLC and loot crates over the last few months .Nightmare!

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

Therad

OorWullie wrote:

RE7 is now available on the Japanese Eshop. I have it downloaded and I can confirm there are language options in there ,several.I think there might be English voice too . There are 3 different boxes to select from under Languages. Problem is the text remains in Japanese. I ended up blindly selecting Arabic. I got as far as the next screen and remembered I can translate text with my phone camera .I restarted and got as far as the language screen again but was then met with an error. It says network is very busy just now please try later.Too many folk downloading it it seems. Once the menus load up the lag is very noticeable so I can't imagine how bad it'll be for those even further away. It having language support though is a good sign it will be released elsewhere.

Edit; Well I've managed to get started. There is English voice support as well as text and subtitles. My connection bar in the top right corner shows full strength but the resolution is awful. Just after the video clip below ended it got worse and then disconnected me.

Is it the resolution or is it compression artifacts? I.e do you see blocky fields? I wouldn't be surprised if they downgrade the stream if they deem the connection slow.

And lag is expected, since the the server needs your input before it can update the video stream. It is physically impossible to not have some lag.

Edited on by Therad

Therad

OorWullie

@Therad A bit of both by looks of it. I understand not having lag is impossible. At times it was actually not so bad and something I could live with ,if the image quality was better. The lag got worse though towards the end before it disconnected me. I'm sure it will improve over the next few days. The average ping speed from Tokyo to Bangkok is 104ms which isn't great but it's usable

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

Grumblevolcano

I think there may be a small chance that Nintendo randomly drops a Nintendo Direct Mini this week because of the Mario Odyssey pattern:
Week 1 (1.2.0 update release week) - Hint Art 1
Week 2 - Hint Art 2
Week 3 - Outfits 1
Week 4 - Hint Art 3
Week 5 - Hint Art 4
Week 6 - Hint Art 5
Week 7 - Outfits 2
Week 8 - Hint Art 6
Week 9 - Hint Art 7
Week 10 - Hint Art 8
Week 11 (this week) - Nothing so far

While it's less than 3 weeks until E3, Nintendo may use pre-E3 to get DLC and smaller game announcements (e.g. Spyro) some time in the spotlight so the Smash hype don't bury them.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic