Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 28,661 to 28,680 of 30,477

Spoony_Tech

3 rpgs in such a short span is far worse then L.A. Noire, Skyrim, and Doom in the same week. Sure those are long games but 3 rpgs is suicidal.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

YummyHappyPills

Cant wait to buy Wolfenstein 2 and Ys VIII on the same damn day.

Sigh. Oh well!

Sign up for the NL Inklings Splatoon 2 Tournament on June 9th: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

darkfenrir

Looking at Jaxon's list make me realise how bad it is...

I sometimes wish the big company talked with each other slightly to ensure they won't be stepping on each other shoes but I guess that's impossible

darkfenrir

Switch Friend Code: SW-0242-3593-1338

FragRed

I’m incredibly unsure if I’m going to buy Wolfenstein 2 now. I had initially held out on buying the game on either PS4 or Xbox One so I could have it on Switch, but being someone who buys physical copies, the fact it requires a likely hefty download puts me off. I’m also hearing mixed reactions to it’s performance on the Switch.

ENGAGE VG NEWS & REVIEWS SITE LAUNCHING SOON: www.engagevg.com

JaxonH

@FragRed
If it runs as good as DOOM it'll be fine. I'm pretty confident they'll get it on par with DOOM. Even the beta build that was being played recently, IGN said it was totally playable, and that by no means did they feel it was subpar to the point people should avoid it. And they were the main ones pointing out little frame rate issues. If even they feel like it's not bad enough to stop people from playing then I don't think it's that big a deal.

But ya, there's a download. Price of doing business on Switch, unfortunately. But you still get the game on cart with a physical box that can go on a shelf. Judging by all other previous games it will still be playable without any download. They might just leave out some of the later stages or something. That's how LA Noire did it.

Motion controls... Handheld version... That's my cue

edit
eShop listing for Wolfenstein 2 states 13.7gb. We've known these preliminary sizes to be wrong (LA Noire for example). It could be the download size beyond the cartridge. That would be my guess.

Edited on by JaxonH

NOW PLAYING
Switch: Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, South Park Fractured But Whole, Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero
New 3DS: Radiant Historia
PS4 Pro: God of War
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

link3710

Well, looks like I'll be waiting a month or two to pick up YS VIII and Shining Resonance then, but I definitely still plan on getting all 3.

link3710

IceClimbers

Well that period just got significantly more congested on Switch. What a jam packed summer (and we still don't know a single release for August)!

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

JaxonH

@IceClimbers
Mega Man X Collection 1 and 2 also releases July 24th. And we know Okami HD is somewhere between now and then as well.

As for August, Little Dragon's Cafe releases August 24, Sonic Mania Plus August 28. But that's all we know.

Edited on by JaxonH

NOW PLAYING
Switch: Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, South Park Fractured But Whole, Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

FragRed

Does anyone know whether the PS4/Xbox One version of Wolfenstein 2 has actual Swastikas as the Switch trailer seems to have removed them in place of something made up? Is this Nintendo still being Nintendo of old?

IceClimbers

@JaxonH Yeah I can see Okami HD slotting in somewhere in July, with Senran Kagura somewhere in August.

August seems like a prime release month for Yoshi. Toss in something like De Blob Remastered, TWEWY: Final Remix, and maybe even Dark Souls Remastered and it's a damn good month.

Edited on by IceClimbers

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

FragRed

@IceClimbers Odd that the Switch trailer doesn't seem to use the Swastika then.

gcunit

Everyone's rushing for June/July releases cos they know there's a f-tonne of shiny new hotness getting dropped post-E3!

(believed no Nintendo fan ever)

Use the 'ignore' button, it works.

Currently playing: Rocket League; Splatoon 2; Super Mario Odyssey; Fire Emblem; Suikoden; Kirby Triple Deluxe; ICO; Gravity Rush; Ratchet & Clank; Red Faction: Guerilla; Fez; FIFA 18

Nothing is true; Everything is permitted.

JaxonH

The ACG review for South Park: Fractured But Whole. I think I'm going to go ahead and buy it right now digitally. I'll worry about the space later

@gcunit
What's with your constant cynicism lately? We've already got a crap ton of releases dropping in that time. Why would we need even more dropping right after e3? Not that any company typically dumps half a dozen surprise games right after e3 anyways... but if somebody was going to make a surprise announcement it would probably be Nintendo, given Mario Rabbids was announced at e3 and released right after.

I don't get your deal man. You complain people just talk about Wii U ports. People talk about other games and you mock them for talking about that. Seems you're just really unhappy when people talk about games they're excited for, no matter what they are

NOW PLAYING
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

Hallonblad

@FragRed
Nintendo of old.

Untitled

Switch friend code: SW-1684-7611-8315
Backlog: https://backloggery.com/Hallon
#supercasualgamer

EvilLucario

Ah, that ain't no swastika, that's totally a pinwheel. Totally.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Octane

@Hallonblad @EvilLucario The symbol itself exists for longer than the World War II. You can find plenty of them in old temples in South-East Asia; a symbol of good luck and prosperity.

Octane

DarthNocturnal

I remember an old Golbat Pokemon card having Manji as well. Of course, this was at the height of it's popularity, and was a preferred scapegoat target...

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

YummyHappyPills

@FragRed Only the EU trailer doesnt have the symbol.

For obvious law based reasons. Same on other consoles

Sign up for the NL Inklings Splatoon 2 Tournament on June 9th: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

OorWullie

Since it's possible to pre-download Wolfenstein 2 from the Eshop with it taking up 13.7gb and it already confirmed that the physical version requires a download then that surely means it's coming on an 8gb card. That is not going to go down well.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic