Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 28,661 to 28,680 of 33,396

EvilLucario

Honestly thinking about it more, the "featured" part makes total sense to me. Why would you want to completely feature 2019 games on the showfloor when you can have a blowout of 2018 games instead? They can still announce 2019 games, just won't be as prominently shown as the 2018 ones.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

IceClimbers

I'm in it for the Smash blowout.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Harmonie

IceClimbers wrote:

The official press release for their E3 plans announcement mentions this:

"Games launching beyond 2018 will be featured at a later date"

Grabs popcorn

They pretty much always say something along these lines but then tease something outside of the timeframe.

Harmonie

IceClimbers

@Harmonie They say stuff like "the presentation will be focused on Switch titles launching in 2018". That's what they usually say. This time they've explicitly said games coming in 2019 will be featured later on, which they haven't done before.

This ERA post compares this year's press release to last year's: https://www.resetera.com/posts/7252905/

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

EvilLucario

At the same time, that's PR and you can spin that any way you want. You can announce the 2019 games in the spotlight, but featuring them in Treehouse may not be on the cards like showing off Fire Emblem, Smash, or whatever is coming in 2018.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Therad

Btw, did you all notice that Odyssey have overtaken galaxy 2 in sales and are only 3 millions behind the first galaxy? It might very well overtake it before the holidays.

@skywake regarding the carts, it doesn't matter that they have made cheaper carts before, it still competes with blu-rays this time around. Carts are by their very nature much more expensive to produce.

Edited on by Therad

Therad

DarthNocturnal

>Nintendo uses the word “focus“.

Clearly they're only talking about (insert timeframe/ console of focus here). Don't expect anything else.“

>Cue the vast majority of the Direct being related to the focused topic, with surprise announcements outside of the topic focus.

>Nintendo goes out of their way to mention that they'll be talking exclusively about one topic, or says you won't see info about any other topics

“Well, they'll probably do a surprise announcement. Duh.“

>Cue the Direct being only about the topic mentioned, with no surprise reveal.

It's like some people forget what “focus“ and “exclusive“ mean...

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

NintendoPete

according to gamefront.de - Nintendo will release information on their paid online service on its website in early May!

NintendoPete

skywake

Therad wrote:

@skywake regarding the carts, it doesn't matter that they have made cheaper carts before, it still competes with blu-rays this time around. Carts are by their very nature much more expensive to produce.

I never said they didn't cost more. I'm just saying the claims of $10us more are a bit unrealistic. It's the same tech that has been in portables since the DS at least. Yes they're bigger now but not extraordinarily so, it's literally keeping pace with the rate all other nand has become cheaper. Basically, the DS didn't have cheaper cartridges.

The only difference now is that it's on a home console again and at capacities within striking distance of optical media.

Edited on by skywake

Some good Aussie musics: King Gizzard, Pond, The Avalanches
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Anti-Matter

NintendoPete wrote:

according to gamefront.de - Nintendo will release information on their paid online service on its website in early May!

Eh ?!
Another Nintendo Direct with explanation about Paid Online Service ?

My Top 5 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (10 / 10)
2. The Sims series (9 / 10)
3. Portal Knights Switch (9 / 10)
4. Animal Crossing New Leaf 3DS (9 / 10)
5. ARMS (8 / 10)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608

FragRed

@Anti-Matter No I doubt Nintendo will have a Direct to talk about the online service. It will either be a press release or a video that just appears online one day. But it makes sense to get it out the way before E3. That way any bad feelings that will definitely come from the details won't overshadow all the goodness they will announce at E3. Hopefully.

ENGAGE VG NEWS & REVIEWS SITE LAUNCHING SOON: www.engagevg.com

Octane

A Direct on the online service would be the most disappointing Direct ever.

''Hey, you know those games you've been playing online all those years? Well, we're going to charge you for it. Voice chat? Dedicated servers? Online browser? What's that? Here, have some digital NES rentals.''

Octane

OorWullie

The online service will be like this
Good
It will have some features you hoped it would have
It will have some features you didn't expect it to have
It will have features you didn't even think about
Bad
It won't have some features you hoped it would have
It won't have some of the features you didn't expect it to have but hoped it would

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

TheTetrisGuy

We already have the classic game library, what I would like is cloud saves, more Apps (YouTube, Netflix, etc.), and more stable online overall. For $20, anything else is a welcome suprise.

Just a geek that likes video games, and spends to much time playing Smash Bros. and Fortnite.

“Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever you were gonna do anyway.” – Iron Man

redd214

All I want is cloud saves. Anything beyond that is icing on the cake

Friend Code: SW-6622-7227-4707

Octane

@TheTetrisGuy I don't see how the apps relate to their service at all. You already pay for those, so they should be free services. Just like how they are on other consoles.

Cloud saves should be free IMO, at least until we can make our own back-ups. If the only way to make back-ups is through a paid service, that's a bit naf.

Your online experience is mostly dependent on your own connection and the people you play with. And since I don't see any reason why they should use dedicated servers, I don't think there's anything they can do to improve in this regard with their ''Online Service Programme''.

Octane

TheTetrisGuy

@Octane What I meant by the apps is I would like a blow out of apps at the time of the online. If I’m going to buy the online, those apps would be a good cherry on top.

It would be awesome if we could get back-ups for free, but if it is a part of the online, that would be a huge selling point.

I haven’t experienced that much of the Switch online experience, so I can only go off what I hear from other people. That said, I’ve heard less than perfect opinions about the online for Mario Kart and Pokken, so there is definitely room for improvement.

Just a geek that likes video games, and spends to much time playing Smash Bros. and Fortnite.

“Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever you were gonna do anyway.” – Iron Man

subpopz

Cloud saves almost feel like they're being held for ransom. They aren't necessary, or wouldn't be if saves weren't locked to the system memory.
Not saying cloud saving shouldn't be a thing, because it definitely should be an option. But it shouldn't be the only option to back up your own save data behind a paywall.

Switch FC : SW-1091-9839-4896

JaxonH

Forget "quality of online". That's a pipe dream.

What they can and should do, rather, is round out the experience with features. Cloud saves. Messaging system to text any friend via the online app, party chat with up to 8 friends via the online app for any game or even outside of game... that sorta stuff. Invites, list of last 100 people you've played with filtered by game which you can send friend requests to.

NOW PLAYING
NS: Y'S VIII, Octopath Traveller, Shining Resonance Refrain, Captain Toad, Hollow Knight, Wolfenstein 2
N3DS:
PS4pro:
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:
GPD Win 2: Dragon Age Origins, Fire Emblem Path of Radiance

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

OorWullie

With the news that Smash will be given the spotlight at E3 ,surely that is the end of any suggestions that it's just going to be a port.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic