Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 28,581 to 28,600 of 69,983

IceClimbers

@link3710 Found out about it via employees on the Switch subreddit. People on the Best Buy subreddit are saying the same.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

KryptoniteKrunch

Awww shoot, that stinks. I finally hopped on the GCU train this past November and I'm really digging it.

I can understand though, I guess. BB was eating all of those 20% discounts and such. Not to mention BB started the program when it was looking like they were going the way of Circuit City.

Edit: Okay, at least current GCU members can ride out their subscriptions. They aren't allowing any new customers. So I'm good until Nov. 2019 at least.

Edited on by KryptoniteKrunch

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

MsJubilee

Peek-a-boo wrote:

I enjoyed playing Black Ops II on my Wii U so, I am mildly disappointed with this:

There are no plans for Black Ops IIII on the Switch

Twinfinite recently sat down with Yale Miller, senior producer at Treyarch, and Matt Scronce, gameplay designer at Treyarch, for a roundtable interview. We ended the interview by asking “Are there any plans to bring any aspect of Black Ops 4 to Nintendo Switch?”

Miller’s response to this was quick and brief, with him simply saying without hesitation “No, there is not.”

There goes Marcus Sellers credibility.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

JaxonH

Just saw that about BestBuy

You have NO IDEA how much money I spend with them each year. Over $6,000 last year. And they're about to lose all of that. And not just from me, countless others just like me.

I'll just start buying my games via Amazon Prime once my sub expires, which thankfully is March 2020 (I just renewed). And I'll probably just cut down my spending. Cherry pick the very best games each year and grab the rest in the bargain bin down the line.

I officially have no reason to ever conduct business with Best Buy ever again in my life. This program was the only thing that kept them relevant. I don't see them staying in business much longer. BestBuy will become the next TRU

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

link3710

MsJubilee wrote:

Peek-a-boo wrote:

I enjoyed playing Black Ops II on my Wii U so, I am mildly disappointed with this:

There are no plans for Black Ops IIII on the Switch

Twinfinite recently sat down with Yale Miller, senior producer at Treyarch, and Matt Scronce, gameplay designer at Treyarch, for a roundtable interview. We ended the interview by asking “Are there any plans to bring any aspect of Black Ops 4 to Nintendo Switch?”

Miller’s response to this was quick and brief, with him simply saying without hesitation “No, there is not.”

There goes Marcus Sellers credibility.

Until the next rumor goes around. That said, the lack of a single player mode and battle royale mode were both right... for PS4 and XB1. Have to laugh at the people I saw tearing apart the rumored Switch version for lacking a single player mode.

link3710

Haruki_NLI

Well, that sure sucks for all of us who live in a country where Best Buy exists and therefore know what that was.

Wait...

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

JaxonH

@YummyHappyPills
You know what it is- you've heard people talk about it all the time and you yourself even said you wish they had a program like that in the UK

Why do you always have to have a smart remark for everything. So because you don't have the program in your tiny little island nobody should say anything about it, right?

Wait...

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Haruki_NLI

@JaxonH I wish we had loyalty programs PERIOD. But our high street is nigh on dead at this point and only GAME remains and that's fallen near administration so many times already.

We've had loyalty programs, even stores, die routinely. At a point you stop caring.

Honestly, I'm kinda shocked you're throwing away Best Buy when your membership ends. You guys actually have choice in the retail scene for buying games? I'd kill for that here!

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

MsJubilee

GCU is dead and Amazon prime 20 percent off only works on pre-orders. Man saving in console gaming blows.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

EvilLucario

Now I regret not pulling the trigger on GCU, but whatever.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Ralizah

And we edge yet another step closer to a predominantly digital future.

Oh well, doesn't bother me. Anything I buy is either pre-ordered or purchased on sale. I can't remember the last time I paid MSRP for a retail game.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

UnknownReader

@Anti-Matter Gamers Club Unlocked - Best Buy electronic stores/site.

My Brain, eyes, and fingers are not team player. They don't coordinate with each other.

Octane

I don't think we have Best Buy over here, I've never seen one at least. Fortunately, we do have a healthy amount of (small) online retailers that offer reward systems. It's not a lot (I believe the GCU was pretty good from what I've heard), but the games are often cheaper than in the big high-street retailers, and it saves you a little money over time.

Octane

Fight_Teza_Fight

@YummyHappyPills I've had GAME Elite for a few months now and I love it! £36 for the year and I've made up £27 in rewards points already.
I'm not sure how the points system works exactly- some items net me more points than others, but my preoder of the Yakuza 6 collectors edition (£79RRP) netted me £8 in rewards points.
3 more purchases and I should break even, then it's all savings.

Look into it. I would especially recommend it if you're into JRPGs &/or niche releases, that often require preorders as they seem to net the most points.

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Grumblevolcano

GAME Elite worked rather well for me, I saved more money than the membership cost back in reward points and discounts just from the insane Nintendo lineup of holiday 2017. But whether I renew really depends Nintendo's E3, they'd need a similarly insane holiday 2018 for GAME Elite to be worth it which I doubt.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Spoony_Tech

I've seen some conflicting reports on the GCU. Even some saying it's not going but being revamped. They may go to $30 per year or $60 over 2. Until anythings official I'm not going to worry about it and enjoy my next 18 months still having it.

I to have spent a good deal of money at BB and will also have far less incentive to shop there if they in deed do away with the program. One things for sure I'm not going back to GameStop and I'm not going to spend money on Prime just to buy video games. All good things will vome to an end at some point but hope they know this will hurt them more then help. I always thought the program was too good to be true anyways so happy I was able to do it for 4 years.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

oninowon

link3710 wrote:

@YummyHappyPills I swear, if we get DQ Heroes 1 + 2 I'll be so happy. That would just leave the two Nobunaga's Ambition titles (probably not going to happen) and Seiken Densetsu Collection for localizations I REALLY want to happen. Though I wouldn't say no to have three more warriors/musou games come over as well, even digital only. I mean, they're already translated?

OMG! Getting a Nobunaga and/or Seiken Densetsu game would be so awesome! I have not played a Nobunaga game since on my Apple Macintosh. Fortunately, a Seiken Densetsu title did make it to Xbox and I played so much of it.

Never played the DQ Heroes series. I stuck mainly to the core rpg games.

oninowon

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic