Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 28,501 to 28,520 of 69,991

Harmonie

MisterPi wrote:

@FragRed Haha that's the truth. Went from "Well ours is free!" to "Well it's a better deal!". Funny enough, same thing happened when Nintendo decided to do mobile apps, microtransactions, and now online subscriptions. Fanbases tend to be irrational

I will stand up and say that Animal Crossing Pocket Camp is quickly devolving into being just as bad as any other "F2P" mobile app.

I'm sick of this idea that Nintendo does everything with more integrity than their competition because it is blatantly untrue.

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

IceClimbers

Apparently the Mario Tennis demo lets you play offline with CPUs.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

EvilLucario

That's good, gives it more exposure and should hopefully prove people that Camelot isn't messing around anymore. After Ultra Smash and Mario Tennis Open, this is what the series needs.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

TuVictus

Yeah it's the first time in a while I've wanted a Mario Sports game. It looks like they took some of the criticism of Ultra Smash to heart

@Harmonie oh definitely. It instantly became unredeemable for me when they added in loot boxes. Oh- I'm sorry, "Fortune Cookies"

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Grumblevolcano

@IceClimbers As in you can play against the CPUs outside the tournament window? That would be cool as I may not be able to play the tournament for long.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

IceClimbers

@Grumblevolcano Correct. Also the demo will be available to download on May 24th.

So between that and Bloodstained next Thursday is gonna be good.

Harmonie

@MisterPi It's sad because when it was released, Animal Crossing Pocket Camp's microtransactions were legitimately harmless. Like you just had to have patience, and that was it. They went straight from that to these 'fortune cookies', which are 100% following the trend of RNG pulls you see in other mobile games (you pay money, and aren't guaranteed what you even want). They are a complete and total ripoff and I can not believe gaming is devolving into this.

If this crap makes it into Nintendo's console/handheld games I will be so done (we've already seen EA try this.) I'm really hoping that governments take action first.

Edited on by Harmonie

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

Haruki_NLI

BLOPS4 isn't coming to Switch to the shock of no one.

But it has no single player and a BR mode though.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

FragRed

@YummyHappyPills Well that's one rumour that's been proved false, and E3 hasn't even started... though they did get the lack of single player campaign and the battle royal mode correct.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

EvilLucario

@DarthNocturnal Penguin farms are hit with vandalism all the time. I heard there's this one fat plumber who keeps throwing the penguins off cliffs...

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Haruki_NLI

@FragRed I also feel Activision Blizzard jumping on BR and cutting costs was inevitable.

ANd yeah, no Switch version but at the same time Activision wasn't going to do that regardless, it was obvious.

Some rumours are a little too...shall we say....obvious?

FragRed

@YummyHappyPills I think it's going to be easier to work out what third party games don't come to Switch than what will. For instance, I don't expect Spyro to come to the Switch, at least this year.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

TuVictus

Might be too soon to say. Activision might just want to announce it as a separate thing considering the rumors it would be a lesser version than the others.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

FragRed

@MisterPi I don't think there's any point in bringing just the Battle Royal mode to the Switch. I can't see the system being a place where that many people would want to play such a genre.

IceClimbers

Just assume that any big third party title coming later this year that hasn't already been confirmed for Switch won't be coming to Switch, or at least for the time being. Games like Spyro or Code Vein might come later on.

TuVictus

@FragRed I think it was rumored, assuming it's true, that it would have crossplay with xbox players. That's the only situation I could see it working out in, otherwise there probably wouldn't be any Switch matches after the first week

TuVictus

Haruki_NLI

@FragRed @IceClimbers That's probably true and the best thing. Dont assume any third party game is coming. I mean lord knows we had 5 years of that, so whats a few more?

FragRed

@YummyHappyPills Indeed. And to be fair, this time due to Nintendo now having all their teams working on just the Switch, so that will hopefully help relief the lack of major third party support to a degree. The challenge will be to keep up enough of a regular release schedule to prevent droughts.

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed Well a big factor is Nintendo finally realizing with Switch that last gen ports are a good idea. If there weren't any Wii U ports for Switch the game droughts would be even worse than the Wii U era.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano True but that is soon to run out. There are only so many decent games they can port. So Nintendo will need some games ready soon.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic