Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 28,481 to 28,500 of 69,993

darkfenrir

So... more rumors for the Star Fox Game...

What Liam said on his podcast from what he’s heard

• The game is not like F-Zero
  • He’s seen a more complete version of the logo
  • The game is based on the arwing (which differentiates it from F-Zero)
  • He was told the title “Star Fox Grand Prix” was a tentative title
  • The game is a mixture between classic Star Fox and racing
  • You shoot enemies to propel forward and get combos; you can shoot other players too
  • Each Grand Prix is three tracks with a boss fight- where the boss comes onto the track
  • It has a big hub area where you can interact with the Star Fox characters
  • You pick up new missions at the hub and there’s story content to go through
  • The game looks really really good in motion
  • He also heard Retro was considering adding cameos like Donkey Kong

One more thing. He also heard it was a 2019 game, but wouldn’t be surprised if it was a 2018 game.

Extra tidbits:

• Fire Emblem is on pace to release this year.
  • Smash is releasing in October according to his sources

Source: https://www.resetera.com/threads/eurogamer-leaks-suggest-retr...

darkfenrir

Aozz101x

@darkfenrir hmm sounds somewhat interesting.
if true, glad to hear the motions are good.
and not like F-Zero? if true, then happy news of F-Zero getting it's own game, and not dying. (Maybe? Probably?)

Edited on by Aozz101x

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

darkfenrir

@Aozz101x Yeah- if this is true I think I'll be very interested.

Like it just culminates into this huge super cool thing right now... Of course, that's if all these rumors are true xD Fingers crossed!

darkfenrir

TuVictus

@darkfenrir Sounds even better than what I was imagining. I hope something like that ends up being the case, for whatever this game is

TuVictus

Pazzo-TheFool

Hmm.. a new Star Fox...

Fox is an animal...

Octopus are animals...

Octo-Expansion is coming...

Smash may be in October...

Guys, I've got it.

Ridley confirmed.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

JaxonH

@Pazzo-ZaFool
Your deductive reasoning is unprecedented

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Aozz101x

@Pazzo-ZaFool "too big."

1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

Smash in October would suggest to me that not even Nintendo believes in their paid online service, that they think it'll break down as soon as Smash launches.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano It probably will even launching Smash in October. But to be fair, few games on any platform manage to deal with the strain of millions of players trying to play online during their launch period. The problem Nintendo has is that all eyes will literally be on them as they are introducing a paid subscription for a service that has been pretty bad.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Aozz101x

@Grumblevolcano surely, they will have a big game to release with the online services. just, maybe Not Smash Bros.

Nintendo can't be that dumb. right? right...?

1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2

darkfenrir

Isn't MH released at August?

Iirc that's full of another of the online co-op mode game... (Well you can solo, but I hear that most of the fun is playing together?)

darkfenrir

FragRed

@Aozz101x Really want to say no they aren't... but then look at mobile voice chat and the online service offerings... and then realise "Yes. Yes they can be"

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Harmonie

FragRed wrote:

@Grumblevolcano It probably will even launching Smash in October. But to be fair, few games on any platform manage to deal with the strain of millions of players trying to play online during their launch period. The problem Nintendo has is that all eyes will literally be on them as they are introducing a paid subscription for a service that has been pretty bad.

"But it's only $20!"

Nintendo obviously went with this "low" price point for a reason. They know their service is unsatisfactory, but they also know that if they set it at a certain price fans will defend them and tell dissenters to shut up.

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

Grumblevolcano

@darkfenrir The trailer didn't say it required the paid online subscription, maybe 3rd party games are still free online to avoid damaging 3rd party sales?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FragRed

@Harmonie I remember the same thing happening during the PS3 era. All PlayStation fans were making a big deal in how online was free for the PS3 whereas Xbox 360 was paid and it became a big argument in the "which system is better wars". Then when the PS4 came out, all of them went silent and paid for the service with almost no moaning. Fans will always defend whatever platform they own.

darkfenrir

@Grumblevolcano Maybe? That's probable... but we'll see, I guess.

3 more months until it's release... time is so slow.

darkfenrir

TuVictus

@FragRed Haha that's the truth. Went from "Well ours is free!" to "Well it's a better deal!". Funny enough, same thing happened when Nintendo decided to do mobile apps, microtransactions, and now online subscriptions. Fanbases tend to be irrational

TuVictus

TuVictus

Especially since they don't even go for things like dedicated servers. The quality of online play has no discernible difference whether it's paid or not all they have going for them is their incentive programs. In this regard, I hope Nintendo can up their game eventually

TuVictus

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic