Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 27,501 to 27,520 of 69,992

FragRed

@Anti-Matter I don’t think the 3DS will ever be region free. If Nintendo had planned to do so, it would have happened by now. Plus it would probably require too much resources for little rewards.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Kimyonaakuma

@Anti-Matter It's too late for the 3DS, it would not be worth redoing contracts and licensing for most if not all games just for the sake of being region free. Iwata stated that there were "hurdles" stopping the 3DS from being region free, and if it was possible he would have pushed for it.

Most people are not bothered by it and those who like to import can buy an original 3DS from any region for a decent price. Homebrew and Citra are also an option but they aren't exactly legal...

Kimyonaakuma

JaxonH

This reversable cover art... now I need a second copy to reverse and display

Untitled

Countdown Timer 100 hours

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

RR529

@JaxonH, regarding you're inquiry about the lack of physical release for the One Piece games in NA, the series never took off in the region like Dragon Ball & Naruto did (all three are popular in JP & EU, but only the latter two really broke out in NA).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

JaxonH

@RR529
Interesting...

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

OorWullie

The amount of games coming in May that appeal to me is insane. I already knew it was going to be a packed month but having just watched a video of all the confirmed titles puts it into perspective.

The ones that I'll be getting for sure

Runner 3
Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection
Little Nightmares
Raging Justice
Hyper Sentinel
Trailblazers
Immortal Redneck
Pixel Junk Monsters 2
Tennis World Tour (please be good)
Garage
Death Road to Canada
Yesterday Origins
Punch Club
Moonlighter
Sly Spy
Stakes Winner
Super Sidekicks 2
Baseball Stars Professional
Mega Man Legacy 1&2 (Not a fan but the low price makes them hard to resist)

Ones for a later date
Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
Hyrule Warriors
Battle Chasers (maybe)

I'm pretty sure there will be some others I've either forgotten or don't know about yet will appear too. I can see packed months like this being the norm from now on,at least until the end of the year. I'm actually grateful for the Dark Souls delay.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

JaxonH

@OorWullie
I haven't heard of a lot of those games, or they just haven't interested me (not the biggest indie fan, except for those that rise to the top).

But ya. I'm still trying to finish God of War before DKC comes out. Which I won't. So it and SouthPark will end up unfinished in backlog pergatory (but I will come back and finish at some point... I will... probably... hopefully)

And I know I'm getting DKC Tropical Freeze, Hyrule Warriors, Runner 3, Street Fighter Collection, Mega Man Legacy Collection 1/2, Little Nightmares Complete Edition, Tennis World Tour (agreed, please don't botch this one), Immortal Redneck (only because it has motion, that sealed the deal) and PixelJunk Monsters 2 (but that's a smaller indie game).

Dark Souls would have been nice, but it'll be just as good tomorrow as it would be today. When it comes, I'll be waiting.

BlazBlue Crosstag Battle drops June 6th I believe, and rolls right into Mario Tennis Aces which kicks off the summer jam lineup.

Edited on by JaxonH

IceClimbers

Yeah the number of high quality, prolific indie releases coming in May is pretty high.

Runner3, Pixel Junk Monsters 2, Death Road to Canada, Garage, Immortal Redneck, Hyper Sentinel, etc.

Good chance we see Lumines Remastered and Runbow too.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

JaxonH

@IceClimbers
Runbow I like. Already own on Wii U but, grabbing physical for Switch, cause that's a game that makes perfect sense for tabletop co-op.

Lumines Remastered though I'm genuinely excited for. That's a great game for handhelds, and in fact made its name on handhelds. Shame it's not getting a physical release but, I'd rather have it on my system all the time anyways.

IceClimbers

@JaxonH Yeah I had Runbow on Wii U too so I probably won't double dip right away. Lumines Remastered I'm definitely getting. That game instantly becomes one of the best puzzle games on the Switch, probably second best after Puyo Puyo Tetris.

Speaking of puzzle games, the upcoming Sushi Striker looks really good. A campaign with over 150 missions and fully voiced, animated cutscenes, gameplay that looks pretty addicting, etc. Basically a Puyo Puyo Tetris kind of package. It really needs a demo though.

Anti-Matter

@Kimyonaakuma
Well....
If 3DS is still Region Lock, i guess i have to take a look again my shopping list for Japanese 3DS games.
On my list, i had written down 6 titles, but i need to deliberate whether i decide to buy Japanese New 3DS LL or not.

Anti-Matter

JaxonH

@IceClimbers
I'm still trying to figure out what the heck is going on in Sushi Strikers. I have no idea what that game is about. I've seen gameplay and I still don't get it

So naturally I preordered it 😊

Diving headfirst into the unknown is what it's all about

IceClimbers

@JaxonH Yeah I think most people are in the same boat of not knowing what's going on in Sushi Strikers. That's exactly why it absolutely needs a demo haha. From what I can tell it's basically a rapid fire puzzle game that looks really addicting.

RR529

South Park has climbed to number 15 in the US eShop rankings (and Naruto trilogy is I think top 10?)!

Interestingly, in the Japanese charts, Naruto 3 is really high up, but the trilogy is nowhere to be seen. On another note, I'm surprised how well western indie games tend to do in Japan. Human Fall Flat & Overcooked seem to have permanent residences in the top 15 (as does Minecraft, which frequently hits #1, but I'm not sure if you'd count it as indie), and even some recent "no name" western indie, Voxel Shot, has been on the chart since it launched (it's currently #4).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

EvilLucario

I feel like Sushi Strikers is facing that uphill battle Mario + Rabbids initially faced, where people went "whaaaa...?" and don't know what to think of it. The game absolutely NEEDS a demo to sell people on it.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Therad

You connect plates of the same kind of sushi. The more you connect, the more attack power you get. I personally think it will play better on the 3ds, since you can use the pen.

Therad

gcunit

I thought the sushi was just a theme, and actually all you're doing is connecting plates of the same colour.

@subpopz Those sort of shenanigans is a big reason why I'm quite happy building my massive physical backlog. I refuse to be pushed into expensive digital purchases and will recede to my backlog whenever I need to to shun digital. I'm more likely to start pirating than start paying £40+ quid for a use-once licence.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Therad

gcunit wrote:

I thought the sushi was just a theme, and actually all you're doing is connecting plates of the same colour.

@subpopz Those sort of shenanigans is a big reason why I'm quite happy building my massive physical backlog. I refuse to be pushed into expensive digital purchases and will recede to my backlog whenever I need to to shun digital. I'm more likely to start pirating than start paying £40+ quid for a use-once licence.

I thought each colour had a specific sushi... It should at least for color blindness sake.

It sounds fun, but I would rather have it on my phone.

Therad

Grumblevolcano

@subpopz They did it code based because carts are expensive and that theme is likely going to continue throughout the entire lifespan of the Switch.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic