Posts 27,481 to 27,500 of 32,337

darkfenrir

@JaxonH Ah gotcha!

Alright will think about it then >:] Thank you for explaining it to me

darkfenrir

Switch Friend Code: SW-0242-3593-1338

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
This one is a new story. It's set in the same timeframe as the first game, but involves a new cast of characters and their plight.

You don't need to play the previous games. If you did, everyone would be screwed seeing as the 3rd game never even came west, and the 2nd game released a decade ago so people would have long forgotten anyways.

Ps: as pointless as KH3 on X1 is, I'd gladly take a Switch version. Although, I question how long it'll be until these companies abolish Xbox One entirely in favor of Switch. You can look at any multi platform game coming to all three systems on Amazon, and Switch is consistently selling more than either PS4 or X1. Be it Attack On Titan 2, Dark Souls Remastered, Valkyria Chronicles 4, Pillars of Eternity 2, even BlazBlue. Switch version is consistently higher on the sellers list. Now, for PS4 I imagine it might end up being a tossup because they're usually reasonably close. But for X1? Games that are like #400 on Switch and #600 on PS4... are like #5,000 on Xbox One. It's ridiculous how badly games are placing for that platform. And I don't care how easy it is to port from PS4, with Switch all but guaranteeing PS4-like sales for just about any non-mega AAA franchise, there's no way they're seeing higher revenue from X1 than a Switch investment. They're just flushing money down the toilet with some of these X1 versions.

NOW PLAYING
NS: Y'S VIII, Octopath Traveller, Shining Resonance Refrain, Captain Toad, Hollow Knight, Wolfenstein 2
N3DS:
PS4pro:
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:
GPD Win 2: Dragon Age Origins, Fire Emblem Path of Radiance

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

DarthNocturnal

If we're covering any and all strategy games, quite a few could go toe-to-toe with Fire Emblem. Within it's own kind of subgenre(?), yeah it might as well be on top.

I still need to beat VC1. I feel like I can't commit to then one level at a time in some strategy games. Especially those with the threat of permadeath hangíng over your head (not that I want it removed). Same thing happens in FE at times nowadays.

KH3 on XB1 would be somewhat less pointless if they brought over 1.5, 2.5, and..... 2.8. (that, and I don't have a PS4, so, yeah).

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Blathers

I just want Falcom to revive Vantage Master

Then I can be a TRPG elitist without constantly referring to a 20 year old game or its PSP port

Edited on by Blathers

Stay safe, kids: Make sure to save frequently during multiplayer, and always use a stylus!

3DS Friend Code: 1848-2106-5430

Spanjard

@JaxonH This game looks great. I seem to love everything about it. Code name steam on steroids? Sure,
I’ll pick this up.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

JaxonH

@Spanjard
The original got remastered on PC and PS4. I wish they'd bring that one over also.

But hey, I'm not complaining. I'm getting a brand new Valkyria Chronicles game on the slickest portable device ever made. I count my blessings.

Alot of PS3 fans heralded the original as one of the best games of the 7th genetation. I'm kinda surprised more people didn't pick up the remaster given the incredible word of mouth it had.

NOW PLAYING
NS: Y'S VIII, Octopath Traveller, Shining Resonance Refrain, Captain Toad, Hollow Knight, Wolfenstein 2
N3DS:
PS4pro:
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:
GPD Win 2: Dragon Age Origins, Fire Emblem Path of Radiance

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

Grumblevolcano

@DarthNocturnal Well yeah, that's the point. Kingdom Hearts is already such an anti-newcomer franchise as it is, the least they could do is release 1.5, 2.5 and 2.8 on all platforms 3 is releasing on.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DarthNocturnal

@JaxonH

A lot more did on PC. It actually outsold AC Unity (the fact Unity was buggy at launch probably helped, but still) and sat at #1 for a while on Steam, I believe. Lifetime sales were at least half a mill. Probably more by now.

@Grumblevolcano

Maybe later this year, or after 3 is out. But yeah, they really should let any newcomers catch up on XB1. And PC, if they go that route (and they probably will, eventually).

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Harmonie

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@DarthNocturnal Well yeah, that's the point. Kingdom Hearts is already such an anti-newcomer franchise as it is, the least they could do is release 1.5, 2.5 and 2.8 on all platforms 3 is releasing on.

I've heard around that Sony has the exclusive rights to any releases of Kingdom Hearts I and II (so I.5 and II.5 can not be released outside of Sony consoles, apparently), but I've just heard that from people who are more knowledgeable on the subject than me.

Oh well, lets be honest here... It's not like the story makes sense to those of us who have played the whole series anyway. Lol.

Harmonie

electrolite77

@YummyHappyPills

Cheapest current price for DOOM is 448 Rand on the South African eshop. Use Revolut to get it for £26.68.

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

Knuckles-Fajita

@electrolite77 Guess I have to add I dont want to be making myriad accounts XD

and the ARMS - NL Inklings: Spring Into The Ring Tournament (July 21st)!

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

OorWullie

@electrolite77 I've got 6 accounts on my Switch, UK, US, Japan, South Africa, Russia and Norway. I've saved well over 200 quid from UK prices with my US account, around £80 with my South Africanl,a few quid on Outlast with my Russian account and my Norwegian account I just started to use last month but have already saved around £30.Ill be using my South African account to purchase Outlast 2 on Tuesday where it's £12 cheaper than the UK. For the 10 minutes in total it took me to set those accounts up I've saved around £350 over the last 9 months.That's basically the price of the console a Pro controller and an Eshop game. Not bad at all. I actually like having the extra icons on the home screen anyway.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Dogorilla

@OorWullie When you set up accounts for other regions can you just buy games directly from the eShop with a credit card? I thought I remembered reading that you couldn't use credit cards on foreign eShops so you had to buy eShop gift cards.

Currently Playing: Bomb Chicken (Switch), Siesta Fiesta (3DS), Fire Emblem (Wii U VC)

Hallonblad

@Dogorilla This can't be true. My Switch account is Swedish, but I have used an English card for the eshop August-February when I went to have my internship in London, thus my English bank account was where my money ended up. So at least European cards work for accounts of European countries. I don't see any reason why it would be different between regions. If this was ever an issue it's hopefully solved by now.

Switch friend code: SW-1684-7611-8315
Backlog: https://backloggery.com/Hallon
#supercasualgamer

Therad

@Hallonblad the magic of the inner market of EU. It will be interesting to see if that is still true after Brexit.

Therad

electrolite77

@OorWullie

Yes I'm similar. Got accounts for UK, USA, Canada, Japan, Russia and South Africa (I need to get a Norwegian one set up too, some great prices on there).

Over 40 digital games and I haven't paid full price for a single one. I reckon that for the minor hassle of one extra button click when I load up a game or the Eshop I've saved over £200 on those games.

electrolite77

@Dogorilla

It varies by region.

Russia - used my UK Credit card
South Africa - Revolut
USA/Canada - Revolut or top-up cards from Pcgamesupply
Japan - top-up card from amazon.co.jp.

If you buy from the UK eshop it's worth using Zeek. They offer 7% off as standard but also do a lot of 'save £5 when you spend £50' type offers.

Dogorilla

electrolite77 wrote:

@Dogorilla

It varies by region.

Russia - used my UK Credit card
South Africa - Revolut
USA/Canada - Revolut or top-up cards from Pcgamesupply
Japan - top-up card from amazon.co.jp.

If you buy from the UK eshop it's worth using Zeek. They offer 7% off as standard but also do a lot of 'save £5 when you spend £50' type offers.

Interesting, thanks. I don't particularly want to use Revolut or Japanese gift cards (seems like too much hassle) but maybe I'll set up a European account if I can use my UK credit card.

Currently Playing: Bomb Chicken (Switch), Siesta Fiesta (3DS), Fire Emblem (Wii U VC)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic