Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 27,261 to 27,280 of 69,964

Therad

I will make a wild prediction and say Nintendo will announce a new handheld this year. Probably not at e3 though.

Therad

JaxonH

Too early.

Next year. If they're gonna announce one... it'll be next year. They want to squeeze out this last year of 3DS sales.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

Unless you guys mean a remodeled version of the Switch, I'd have to disagree. Everything that would have gone to the 3DS successor is coming to Switch, so I'm not sure what the point of it would be.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Haruki_NLI

I have no idea how I can get Labo.

Cant order online as I dont get paid until release day. But the odds of me finding it on the high street is impossible unless I go several towns over

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

EvilLucario

Not to mention, having a second handheld system would be foolish at this time. They combined their console and handheld divisions and the Switch has massively good momentum right now. They can't afford to cannibalize those sales and hamper software like they did during the Wii U and 3DS days. And while you can argue that putting all of your eggs in one basket is also dangerous, they have other avenues like that online paid subscription, amiibo, and they were dipping their toes beyond video games like the theme parks and Mario movie.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

@YummyHappyPills No shortages of them around here and from what I can tell there is less of an interest in EU so I can't see them being that hard to find?!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

OorWullie

I think Nintendo announcing/releasing a handheld that is seperate from the Switch line would be one of the worst decisions they have ever made. Nintendo might promote the Switch as a home console you can take on the go but with games like Pokémon ,Octopath Traveller ,Fire Emblem and Shin Megami Tensai it's receiving exactly the kind of games a current gen Nintendo handheld would. I just can't see any logic in why they would release a standalone handheld device? Would it be weaker and receive less impressive versions of Pokémon and Fire Emblem? If so what would be the point? If it was more powerful then it would kill off the Switch.

Now a remodeled Switch that is handheld only ,that is certainly possible.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Hallonblad

@OorWullie But that wouldn't be a Switch though, would it? It would be a... non-switching Switch. Makes no sense to me. In that case they might as well just market it as a new handheld, since essentially that is what it would be.

Switch friend code: SW-1684-7611-8315
Backlog: https://backloggery.com/Hallon
#supercasualgamer

shadow-wolf

@JaxonH If you got the time, do you mind separating the list you wrote up by month? That will make Nintendo's output per month a bit more clear.

But I guess part of it was expectations. I was expecting everything we knew last year to show up before E3 this year. I was expecting Fire Emblem to be the big game of the first half of 2018, with Yoshi and Kirby supporting it. We got Bayo and Donkey Kong which is certainly great, but otherwise I was a bit disappointed that they weren't releasing anything super big-name in the first half. Of course as you mentioned, to the masses Bayo and DK are new and to them they almost certainly are the highlights for the first half of 2018. But otherwise I feel that Nintendo should have been a bit more aggressive with releasing games. Nothing in the first half (besides the Wii U ports) screams "must-have", and as you mentioned that is perfectly fine and acceptable, but I was expecting Fire Emblem to prop up the first half before a trifecta of Smash-Pokemon-Retro's Mystery Project showed up to end 2018 with a bang. Now, Yoshi and Fire Emblem are likely late 2018, Smash is coming, but we might not get Pokemon and we likely won't get Retro's game if they're also releasing Yoshi and Fire Emblem in the second half.

Edited on by shadow-wolf

shadow-wolf

Spoony_Tech

I think Nintendo should stay the course till sales start to drop off. If we get Smash and Pokemon this year that wont happen anytime soon. Just like I don't think Sony should announce a new system till their sales drop. It's still coming in first in the west and they would be stupid to cut into those sales now while they're still riding so high.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

JaxonH

@shadow-wolf
Couple big games a year. That's all that matters. Smash and Fire Emblem and one more this year (maybe Mario Maker), Pokémon and Metroid Prime 4 and Retro's game next year... it doesn't really matter how it plays out

As long as we're getting a couple big games every year and other games spaced throughout the year to keep us entertained.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

CroRock

No news on Fire Emblem at all since last E3. That makes me suspicious if we will see it released 2018.
It’s my the most anticipated game this year. So far it’s very disappointed year for me. I know we are early in the 2018 and I really hope for some big news from E3.

Edited on by CroRock

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

Grumblevolcano

@CroRock It wasn't last E3, it was the Fire Emblem Direct on 18th January last year.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

KryptoniteKrunch

I'm almost certain we'll get a full Fire Emblem reveal at E3 with it still releasing later in the year.

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

Haruki_NLI

@Spoony_Tech I'll explain this.

In my town, there are no game stores. The only stores are small supermarkets that only ever, if at all, stock FIFA and CoD.

Two towns over, you have an independent MS/PS only store, the same supermarkets, and Argos. Argos MAY have Nintendo Labo in stock, however it isn't a full size store.

If I want a Smyths toy store, or GAME, I need to travel via train.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Grumblevolcano

@KryptoKrunch I'm thinking towards that being the case but only if Pokemon is 2019. If Pokemon is 2018, I see Fire Emblem being first half of 2019.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

@IceClimbers Pokemon is the kind of franchise that destroys everything in its path outside of a few franchises, I don't think Fire Emblem has reached the point yet where it could withstand a Pokemon game releasing so close.

Grumblevolcano

Harmonie

Therad wrote:

I will make a wild prediction and say Nintendo will announce a new handheld this year. Probably not at e3 though.

I had to stop and think about WHY Nintendo would do this when the Switch is already so powerful as a handheld, but size and battery life are a concern for the Switch as a true handheld. It works great in the house, away from the TV and maybe for short bursts in public with friends, but the handheld that you can take on a long car trip - not so much.

Nevertheless, GameFreak moving mainline Pokemon games to the Switch is something that makes me doubt an exclusive handheld anytime soon. GameFreak has always wanted to develop Pokemon on handhelds. Moving to the Switch is kind of a big deal, and I think if there were another handheld coming out they would be developing for that instead. My logic is not perfect, they could always develop for both, and are justifying developing for the Switch because it is a hybrid, but it certainly keeps me skeptical of a new handheld to see Pokemon coming to a console.

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

EvilLucario

Tbh, a Switch Mini could be good and be that portable option people want. Non-detachable Joy-Cons (even though they're a huge part to the Switch's awesome local multiplayer options), a smaller size in general, the works. It could still connect to a dock, but one wouldn't be provided at all.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic