Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 27,141 to 27,160 of 69,981

Grumblevolcano

This is one of the reasons why physical is so important for Switch, if you get all your retail games physically and leave digital for digital exclusives + updates + DLC then 128GB microSD card + 32GB internal memory is more than enough for a few years at least.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

gcunit

If RE:Revelations 2 was on a game card for £19.99 it would be in my collection right now. As it is I'll wait for sub-£10 like most of my other digital games.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Haruki_NLI

@JaxonH That happened with me and Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 on PS4. A year old game on the market leading platform in a huge franchise.

Amazon UK is a mess.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Anti-Matter

@JaxonH
You don't have to worry about 512 GB.
For me, 128 GB is More than enough, considering i play my Switch Physically. And i still have 111 GB left from my micro SD Card. 😀
Well, if you still insist with your mindset about Digital All-The-Way, be prepared with your wallet.
512 GB Micro SD Card is Not a Cheap thing.

Anti-Matter

JaxonH

If only there were a way to upgrade the internal SSD in the Switch. But that houses the OS, so even if it were possible to swap and there was room for a 512gb, it still wouldn't be possible without hacking. Thankfully that kernel exploit just dropped so who knows what'll be possible down the line.

I wonder though, is it possible to connect one of those flat m.2 SSD to a micro SD slot? Surely somebody somewhere has made an adapter. Grab a 1 terabyte 80mm m.2 SSD and connect it via ribbon cable, then press it against the back and put the Skull & Co Gripcase over it...

Or maybe, with this new kernel exploit, they'll add the ability to connect external HDD to the dock. It wouldn't be the best solution, but... if I had the games downloaded and on a hard drive and connected, I might be OK with deleting some of them off the microSD knowing I could transfer them back over without the Internet at any time.

Only problem is, my hacked Switch is separate from my main one, is on older firmware and would surely lose online privileges even if it did get updated. Bottom line being, the ability to do this on my main Switch with main account, that's simply not going to happen until the end of the generation. Sooo... unless Nintendo patches external HDD support in, that's off the table anyways.

Maybe it's simply time to accept that it will require 2 separate cards. It's what the Nyko kickstand was bought for, after all. And it's definitely better than carrying around 50 different cartridges, but obviously the ideal situation is to not even have to swap SD. Even with the spare conveniently tucked inside the kickstand.

@Anti-Matter
It's not even "digital all the way" (not yet anyways). It's digital for only the absolute best games I want on me at all times, and digital only games that aren't sold physically.

I know it's not cheap, but having all the best games available all the time without needing to bring cartridges or swap SD cards is worth far, far more to me than the price of the storage. I'm more than willing to pay the price for that. I'm practically begging someone to take my money... apparently nobody wants it though.

@YummyHappyPills
Never had an issue importing from Amazon UK before... until now, that is. Shame.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

skywake

JaxonH wrote:

@skywake
Normally I'd agree but I think what separates them from that is the Switch benefits i.e. Motion controls, HD portable version and console version, the tabletop mode. To me that stuff is worth it.

Nothing is ever so black and white especially when we're talking about millions of users. No doubt that these factors make a Switch version of any game more attractive to a lot of Switch owners. As you said it's part of the reason why people are buying the console. But that doesn't make all of the other factors null and void.

I've certainly been someone has got games on Switch that I either already had or could have brought on other platforms instead. But equally there are some games where the opposite is true. Especially if it's something that has been out for long enough that at one point or another it has been heavily discounted.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Grumblevolcano

Wolfenstein 2 launches June 29th on Switch.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

ilikeike

@darkfenrir Dang that's an unfortunate release date. I'm still interested in it since I love JRPGs but Octopath is going to rule my life when it releases. I might as well save my money and pick it up later this year or whenever I've 100% completed Octopath!

Mario Galaxy is ten years old, and now I feel old.

darkfenrir

@ilikeike Ouch- I'll grab it on release date still!

Just not sure which game I'll play first now... at first was planning for Octopath, but Shining is releasing faster... probably will still be Octopath though.

darkfenrir

Spoony_Tech

@Grumblevolcano Kinda makes up for the Dark Souls date. I'm glad it's coming soon.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

JaxonH

Woah, where is all this info coming from?

So Wolfenstein 2 drops before Dark Souls Remastered? I'll be darn.

Shining Resonace a week after 4th of July? Bet! Shining Resonance looks so good! With Y's VIII and Octopath it's gonna be a quality JRPG summer.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Haruki_NLI

@JaxonH Honestly any delivery from any UK site is being awkward. Ironically third party sellers through GAME have been fantastic though.

We had a vivarium delivered a few weeks ago for Axel, but the guy (Yodel) delivered not only to the wrong house...but the wrong post code.

But ironically, I have something ordered from Amazon US from a colleague for the PS3, its there a week below the estimate in record time.

TheTetrisGuy

I have a random question. Since I’ve got a Switch, I’ve had a blast playing it and mostly have been playing with split Joy-Cons, and for some random reason my hand keeps on falling asleep while playing. This is the pinnacle of first world problems, but I know it’s not the position I’m playing in, so I’m wondering if this is something common, or just a me problem. Thanks for dealing with my shenanigans in advance.

Just a geek that likes video games, and spends to much time playing Smash Bros. and Fortnite.

“Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever you were gonna do anyway.” – Iron Man

Ralizah

@darkfenrir What's the sense in these companies clustering three fairly large JRPG releases together in the same three week period? It's just going to cause them to lose sales to eachother, as I, and certainly many other people, aren't going to buy three JRPGs that close together.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

darkfenrir

@Ralizah I don't have idea either! T_T

I wish they release farther apart (around 2 weeks - 1 month, not 1 week...) so more people can try their games Q_Q

I want their games to success dang it!

darkfenrir

Haruki_NLI

Wolfenstein II and Ys VIII launch the same day. Sigh.

JaxonH

@Ralizah
And all 3 need to perform well.

Octopath Traveller to ensure Square Enix sees future JRPG's on Switch have a market.

Y's VIII because Falcomm was hesitant and only brought it thanks to NIS. This can make or break Falcomm support and the potential of Trails series to come over.

Shining Resonance to ensure Sega sees Switch as a quality investment for future multiplat releases.

And... all 3 are worthy games. All 3, if released by themselves, warrant a preorder. So any of them that get overlooked, that will be a real tragedy. Not to mention, Mario Tennis Aces drops June 22nd and Wolfenstein June 29th, and Captain Toad Treasure Tracker the exact same day as Octopath, and Crash Trilogy the exact same day as Shining Resonance!

Of course, Jax will diligently await the entire lot of them, day one. Mailman is gonna be hating me.

Spoony_Tech

3 rpgs in such a short span is far worse then L.A. Noire, Skyrim, and Doom in the same week. Sure those are long games but 3 rpgs is suicidal.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Haruki_NLI

Cant wait to buy Wolfenstein 2 and Ys VIII on the same damn day.

Sigh. Oh well!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic