Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 27,121 to 27,140 of 40,069

Octane

@FragRed Spider-Man (does Sony publish the game?) is early September. Dreams will launch somewhere this year, but that game is so different, I don't think it needs to worry about competition. Microsoft has Crackdown 3? Maybe? October/November have always been heavy on the third party front. No reason to compete with those when you can use your own games to fill in the quieter gaps during the first 8 months.

Octane

JaxonH

Nintendo almost always loads games on the backend of the year.

From May to December is gonna be particularly rich though. DKC Tropical Freeze to Mario Tennis Aces to Captain Toad to Yoshi to Smash Bros to Fire Emblem to who knows what else, could be Pokemon, could be Bayonetta 3, could be one or two unannounced games...

Octopath Traveller and No More Heroes and The World Ends With You also contributing to the exclusives pile.

It's a great year. And let us not undervalue the significance of getting games like Dark Souls and Wolfenstein 2 on an HD handheld hybrid system. That's probably just as impactful as Skyrim and DOOM was last year. More than anything though, Okami HD with motion controls and touch for the brush strokes is 100% hype. It won't be a super, mega popular release but gosh dang, the Switch version of the game will go down in the history books as a real gem. That's what it's all about, at the end of the day. Wolfenstein 2 with motion (cause its gotta have motion) will go down as a gem of a release.

I have a feeling more is in store than they're letting on, too. I've got a feeling Rockstar is bringing GTAV this November, I'm thinking Call of Duty is coming (If it doesn't then they're just straight up ignorant and in denial). Not that I care excessively about either but, it all contributes to the ever growing HD portable game library. If CoD added motion like BO2 on Wii U though, I'd be genuinely excited.

2 months to e3... Yessir. Can't wait to see what Fire Emblem looks like.

NOW PLAYING
NS: Trials Rising (masterpiece), Tales of Vesperia, NSMBU Deluxe
X1: DMC5
GPD Win 2: Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
3DS/Wii U/PS4/PSVR/Vita/PC/Rift: [nothing]

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

Spoony_Tech

Why do I have this nagging feeling we will see nothing for Metroid Prime 4 at E3.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

FragRed

@Octane I think Sony are outright publishing and funding Spiderman, I assume it was part of a deal they made with Marvel as I don't think Acitivision has the rights anymore.

The reason I said about first party games missing November is the same reason Call of Duty is missing November, something that took everyone by surprise, Rockstar will destroy anything that comes out that month on those two systems. But yes, November especially is heavy on third party games traditionally. Nintendo can get away with releasing whatever it wants whenever because people who buy Nintendo, will still buy Nintendo no matter what releases elsewhere.

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

DarthNocturnal

@Spoony_Tech

“Metroid Prime 4 is still in development for Nintendo Switch. Take Super Metroid Remastered and Trilogy HD as peace offerings. We'll have something next year.... maybe.... hopefully.“.

Then in 2019;

“Massive fan outrage towards a lack of Prime 4 leads to burning copies of Federation Force. In unrelated news, Federation Force sales prompt Nintendo to make a sequel!“.

Disclaimer: I don't hate Fed Force. I still need to get around to playing it though.

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Octane

@FragRed You're right, I just checked and they're publishing the game. I know they have the rights to Spider-Man (at least for the games), but I didn't know if they licensed it out to Insomniac or not. But it appears Insomniac is just making the game for them.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

@DarthNocturnal In other news, the rumours about Pokemon Switch being a half finished game are true!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FragRed

@Octane Insomniac are one of the safest third party developer bets to create a decent/outstanding game, I would assume judging from their track record. I am kinda struggling to think of too many developers which are still independent and in a position to create these kinds of games. Unfortunately I feel that the way game development costs have soared, most have had to be bought out or go under.

IceClimbers

@FragRed @Octane Even then it still seems to be on the quieter side during the summer for PS4/XB1. Still stuff releasing, but the majority of it is also coming to Switch. So yeah, Switch should dominate the public mindshare this summer.

I was mentioning elsewhere that November is actually on the quiet side this year thanks to everything trying to get out before Red Dead. Only things I can think of for November at this point are Starlink and Mega Man 11. Switch will probably get some third party ports, and if Pokemon is this year that'll hit a week before Black Friday.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

EgillPT

@Spoony_Tech Tks for the info.

🎮NSW 🎮Nintendo 3DS 🎮Nintendo Wii 🎮SNES Classic Mini
🎮PS4

JaxonH

@darkfenrir
Woah, it is like Pikmin. I had watched a snippet of gameplay before but didn't catch on to that.

Looks interesting for sure. Ok you sold me, probably, assuming it doesn't review horribly

NOW PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

darkfenrir

@JaxonH Hopefully not! Saw 30 minutes of starting gameplay from my usual streamer and looking great.

Even has kind of decent VA going on (O-o

darkfenrir

Switch Friend Code: SW-0242-3593-1338

JaxonH

@darkfenrir
We need Pikmin 4, but this could do in the meantime.

Is the game already out elsewhere or is it completely new? Like to see a review if there is one

NOW PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

darkfenrir

@JaxonH I think it's completely new, April 10th on all platforms.

But they sent review copy to streamers / reviewers though I assume since a streamer already did runs on it and even uploaded on Youtube.

darkfenrir

Switch Friend Code: SW-0242-3593-1338

Grumblevolcano

I can't help but think there's possibly an April Direct Mini on the 12th or 19th. There's still plenty of stuff that could be covered and it would act as a distraction from Labo negativity just like the January Mini Direct.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano What would Nintendo talk about that hasn't already been talked about? They have to be careful not to burn too many announcements or things to talk about that could be saved for E3.

Knuckles-Fajita

@FragRed Seemingly Spyro, if the listings are true that it isn't timed exclusive.

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic