Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 26,941 to 26,960 of 69,983

Anti-Matter

@gcunit
I think Toy Con 1 & 2 softwares are Two different games.
If they share Same softwares, how do i play Robot with Variety kits or play Piano with Robot carboards ?

Anti-Matter

zitpig

Saw my first Labo advert on tv this morning. It's definitely pointing at children and family play/support, but it's very well done and clear.

zitpig

Anti-Matter

Wow... !
So Huge box for Nintendo LABO !

Anti-Matter

-Green-

MsJubilee wrote:

Man vs cardboard. I think we all know who will win this fight.

There’s a dark underlying meaning in here somewhere

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

StuTwo

Anti-Matter wrote:

Wow... !
So Huge box for Nintendo LABO !

Look closer - there is no box. Only Labo.

Labo is the box and the box is Labo...

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

TuVictus

Completely forgot Labo was a thing today. It's release was so muted. I'm sure it'll hit whatever targets they have, but just going by the general lack of any palpable excitement for it today, I'm guessing it'll only be popular among some kids and the super fans.

TuVictus

Anti-Matter

@StuTwo
I saw the LABO Box from Youtube video above.
Compared with Nintendo Switch console, gosh.... the box size was so Huge.

Anti-Matter

Haruki_NLI

People need to remember as good as God of War is said to be, its also 18 plus and that limits its market.

Plus its strictly a product for gamers. Sure some none gamers will get it bht its very much a gamers game.

Labo however is...for anyone. If it picks up in an educational sense which is the angle they are clearly going for, then it'll soar past God of War.

But you also need to remember God of War is just one title for a platform. Labo IS the platform.

Speaking of Labo ads, I just saw one at 13:30 on ITV2 in the UK.

Edited on by Haruki_NLI

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Pazzo-TheFool

I can't wait to see all the awesome stuff people create with this stuff.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

TuVictus

@subpopz because people have an irrational need to compare two things just because they release on the same day. Makes no sense.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

TheTetrisGuy

@MisterPi The reason it’s being compared is because a major Sony Game is launching the same day as a major Nintendo product.

Just a geek that likes video games, and spends to much time playing Smash Bros. and Fortnite.

“Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever you were gonna do anyway.” – Iron Man

FragRed

@YummyHappyPills I don't really think a game's age restriction has any effect on it's market. Just look at COD and GTA. Many parents are all too happy to knowingly buy their children adult rated games to keep them quiet.

As for Labo itself, I think the excitement for that has worn off. I am sure it will still sell but I am not expecting the huge figures Nintendo are hoping. Certainly not in the UK. Japan is the market it will do best in.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Grumblevolcano

I think the God of War excitement will wear off by E3.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TuVictus

@TheTetrisGuy going after two completely different markets of people. Launching on the same day is irrelevant when they have comply different goals anyway. It's just people trying to arbitrarily say one is better over the other. Why? No clue

TuVictus

JaxonH

Nintendo always tries to diversity their market. And usually it entails very little actual growth outside of core gamers.

Switch is selling to core gamers. That's who it appeals to.

The sooner they embrace that the better. GameCube scared them off from a core gamer approach, and they've been diversifying ever since. But they DO have a place in the industry as a platform for serious gamers. And Switch has finally broken through.

I don't mind if they wanna at least try pulling some other people in with products like LABO, even if I personally feel like they're wasting their time. But who knows, maybe it'll work (I mean, of course it'll work, the question is to what extent). But even if it does... then what? Even if 5 million people bought the system for LABO over the coming years, then you've got 5 million people who own the system who will have very little interest in all the actual core games releasing. Maybe Nintendo's mass appeal games like Mario Kart but, even then, I know how casuals operate. They buy a game or two a year. Not exactly the kind of customers you want to fill your install base with. Idk, it doesn't matter.

I will now provide the community service of personally counting down the days to Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze.

#15more

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

TheTetrisGuy

I had to do a double take when I saw this.

Bill Nye the Joy-Con guy

Edited on by TheTetrisGuy

Just a geek that likes video games, and spends to much time playing Smash Bros. and Fortnite.

“Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever you were gonna do anyway.” – Iron Man

-Green-

I thought it was just a game. No one so far has taken it too seriously.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

EvilLucario

Holy ****, Bill Nye??? That's awesome.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Dogorilla

Didn't expect to see Bill Nye advertising for Nintendo! That was actually a pretty entertaining video too.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic